What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Spent the majority of yesterday blacking the lego's on my 92. Pleasantly surprised with how good they ended up looking!

yulP8bq.jpg

8upNFb1.jpg

mgFPCje.jpg

wLUi2AN.jpg

Slick ride brother.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Called about getting my rear diff rebuilt because I just don't have the time to do it myself right now. Their "10+" year tech told me that "I just wouldn't be happy with the result" and that "They just don't do that kind of work over here." Wtf is that? Didn't even mention I also wanted them to do my clutch, I just hung up.

To be fair, most dealers don't do that anywhere. They will outsource it to a local transmission/drive train shop. But they should have done that instead. The only time I call Nissan is for parts.

Dealerships usually don't rebuild things, they replace. Most of a dealerships work is warranty work, and warranty only pays for new parts, not rebuilt. So dealership mechanics usually don't get much experience with rebuilding.

The time I worked at a dealer I only did one rearend. Did about a 100 head gaskets though. The Triton's had head gasket problems on the early ones.

Domestic and German vehicles keep mechanics in business. At least that's what the garage I use says, lol. When I had my X in for the inspection he said this is like the 4th time he's ever worked on one!

Finally put the old school Thule roof bars up my grandma gave me. $30 in hardware; 8 rubber coated jacknut type deals and 8 1/2-20 bolts. I was worried 2 per side wouldnt be enough but damn is it stout! Once I have time to make a roof basket I'll re use the mount points and design around them. Now it will be way easier to throw the yaks up top.

46118b42a25c036cdcd7e3b60755e12d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one?

I drove one to the store...

I walked past the other one...

I put the battery charger on the next one...

Y U SO PIKY?

Did some really hardcore wheeling today at Rocks and Valleys Offroad Park. Although it was fun, I'm not going back again with this truck; it was at its limit. Side steps are dented a lot, muffler is dented, and I tore a CV boot again. Only did 9 miles, but it took 7 hours! I scraped on rocks more times than I can count...hopefully my friend who was riding shotgun/spotting got good pictures because I didn't get many. I'll be posting up later.

On another note, with my hubs unlocked my orange 4wd light comes on after a little over an hour on the highway. Anybody else have this? Is it necessarily a problem? It seemed to drive fine...

Dude...

Don't get me wrong, but the WD21, without major mods, is a base level SUV that is surprisingly capable. The WD21 with some mods is awesome for a base level SUV (We're past Jeep here).

The WD21 is a base level SUV unless you full on Steevo it. At that point, buy something else...

(No slight on Steevo, he has taken the WD21 as far as it goes, that direction) ruggedrocks if you don't know.

It's all good... WD21's are awesome!

B

Rewired my trailer wiring from the old school 6 pin round to the 4 pin flat. Had the do the same on my camp trailer to match it. Put in a new switch for my train horns. Also threw some Weathertech floor mats and the cargo mat in.

I re-re-painted my rear bumper.... after "encouraging" an asshat behind me to backup a few feet. After he cut 3 people off and ran into the back of the Pathfinder. .. twice. I thought I would help him into the other lane.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I finished my first stereo system installation. .... in any vehicle. ... ever. New wire to the door speakers and new antenna. One would think that after owning 7 vehicles I would have done one by now. And I am now at beers and getting ready to watch the 24 hrs of Nurburgring!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Junk yard had a half off day, so I spent a whole $2 to get a hood bug deflector off a '98 QX4. Now to figure out how to get it on my '02. I don't even have any holes to screw it into. I hate drilling into clean sheet metal... My dad scored well, got himself a 6-disc changer and other miscellaneous things for his Taurus.

Edited by mjotrainbrain

Keep an eye on that bug guard if you park under trees. The PO of mine put a bug guard on it, let it fill with wet pine needles, and left it to fester, with predictable results for the paint. Hopefully the later ones are better designed to shed whatever falls behind them.

• Like 1

Pressure washed the under carriage and sprayed the body mount bolts with kroil in preparation for installing a body lift tomorrow.

Keep an eye on that bug guard if you park under trees. The PO of mine put a bug guard on it, let it fill with wet pine needles, and left it to fester, with predictable results for the paint. Hopefully the later ones are better designed to shed whatever falls behind them.

Yeah, the part of the hood covered by the one I pulled it off of was ruined. I'll probably take it off every fall and spring to thoroughly clean underneath.

Disconnected everything to pull the automatic trans out of my 99. The only thing left is the rear cross member and the upper two bell housing bolts. This thing has never been apart before and my gosh the bolts are really tough to break loose. I am an old guy and sore as hell right now. I will spend the summer slowly rebuilding the trans.

Put front diff in along with the front driveline. Diff was a bitch, seriously fskc that thing. Why is it so hard to line back up and get in when sliding the neck through it. After that found out my slave was bad and had to get a new one, still leaked air because the damn copper washers wouldn't compress enpugh. My dad finally got it tight after swapping them around and was able to finally drive the truck for a short bit.

I'm tired of everything on this truck fighting me, everything has taken almost a full day and I've replaced or cleaned up everything on the truck at this point besides the rear axle.

Everything on every vehicle newer than 1990 will fight you. There just isn't enough room like vehicles from the 70s. I spent nearly 6 hours replacing a tranny cooler line on an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee one time. Had to drop the first section of exhaust to get enough room. Spent about an hour trying to remove the electrical connection for the engine temp sensor on the back of the block of an 02 V8 passat. I could give you lots of other examples, but the point is that this is the nature of working on vehicles, they will fight you. Don't get discouraged, if nothing else it will build character 😀

• Like 3

Got half of the body lift installed. Just need to reattach everything, tighten everything, and drop the radiator.

When I installed my 3 inch body lift all I did was trim the lower hose to remove the kink and the temp sensor coupler in my upper hose provided me enough extra length to not have to replace the upper hose, without that all you'll need is a longer upper hose and trim to fit.

My Dakota digital fan controller shows no difference with the radiator before or after the body lift, it's accurate within 1°F. I honestly think you'll be fine leaving it in the stock location and just redoing the hoses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did a two inch lift, the upper hose is a little stretched, and the lower a little deformed, but both look like they would pass plenty of coolant. I am thinking about leaving them as is for now. When I have more time I might drain the coolant and trim the lower hose and rotate the upper.

I was going to drop it simply because the drop kit came with the kit I bought. But I like the idea of less work.

Sounds good. I like the idea of less work too, especially when it comes to big changes like body lifts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you drop the rad you have to cut the rad support and weld/bolt in the drop down so if you can avoid it...Well it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Today I installed my oil filter relocation kit, 7 years after I got it, and 1 pathfinder later lol.

• Like 2

When you drop the rad you have to cut the rad support and weld/bolt in the drop down so if you can avoid it...Well it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Today I installed my oil filter relocation kit, 7 years after I got it, and 1 pathfinder later lol.

Yeah I already have an efan on, so I was really just going to do it cause I had it. Sounds like too much work to be worth it.

Where does the relocation kit relocate the filter to?