What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Installed thorley headers, "fixed" dipstick issue and was finally able to start the truck up. Damn she sounds mean! Began trying to figure out what to do with the alternator and p/s pump and future belts.

Has anyone else swapped a vg33 in wd21, keeping oil filter in the same spot while also keeping alternator and p/s in vg30 positions? I've not been able to find much on it since everyone tends to keep all accessories from vg30 which I am not doing.

Ordered all parts to completely refresh the exhaust ended to end... when combined with the headers that have been sitting in the garage for WAY to long!

You doing the 2.5 pipe out to glasspack, high flow cat, magna or something else?

Put the rear driveshaft on, should have done the front while inward at it but I didn't think about it, rigged up a way to keep a vg30 belt from slipping so I could run the truck and let idle, burnt a lot of oil but after a half hour or so it ceased thankfully. Found out an injector us bad causing misfire, waterpump is bad causing MAJOR leak. Truck was put in time by my dad and mounted the headers to the old exhaust.

Edited by Charlie_Brown

Installed thorley headers, "fixed" dipstick issue and was finally able to start the truck up. Damn she sounds mean! Began trying to figure out what to do with the alternator and p/s pump and future belts.

Has anyone else swapped a vg33 in wd21, keeping oil filter in the same spot while also keeping alternator and p/s in vg30 positions? I've not been able to find much on it since everyone tends to keep all accessories from vg30 which I am not doing.

if the filter is straight down it will be in the way of the alt,I swapped the oil filter mount for a 2000 exterra oil filter mount that angles the filter forwards

Edited by vagabond

Replaced the crank seal for hopefully the last time. Made a seal protector out of an aerosol can cap, worked perfectly.

Another new timing belt since the other one got soaked in oil. Hopefully I don't have to get in there again until 330k!

Now for some cleaning and organizing. Hopefully will be picking up a bigger tool box next week.

You doing the 2.5 pipe out to glasspack, high flow cat, magna or something else?

Nothing special, basically just stock replacement with the exception of the headers and Bosal CAT. Using discount codes the price was right and I can't justify the money right now for custom but that should change at a later date, but it will be a while. For now though It has so many holes that I just need to get something on it.

I had a "high flow" :rolleyes: CAT, new muffler & tail pipe put on several years back by a Bucky's muffler shop in WA and every single thing they touched is rotting away (the tail pipe completely rotted off over a year ago), all the rest (what they did not touch) is still solid, but their welds are full of holes. It just caps of a truly horrible initial experience with them to begin with.

Ha a burnout contest with a guy at works 2012 5.0 manual Mustang. In front of the police station, they know and hate us. Haha.

( I backed into a ditch and coated my tires in mud ) We let prisoners judge it and they gave it to the shiny mustang....

Also installed some rat poison in my front struts. Haha. My engine bay was covered in mouse droppings. And my Silverado had a nest on the intake.

• Like 1

I had a "high flow" :rolleyes: CAT, new muffler & tail pipe put on several years back by a Bucky's muffler shop in WA and every single thing they touched is rotting away (the tail pipe completely rotted off over a year ago), all the rest (what they did not touch) is still solid, but their welds are full of holes. It just caps of a truly horrible initial experience with them to begin with.

Haha sounds like my exhaust only I don't have the holes. It us solid but rusted shut through and through so even thinking about working on it is pointless. I want a new exhaust anyways though so it's a good excuse to spend the $$$