What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Oh and I forgot to mention Citron, that the inside of my pathfinder is filled with boxes of parts. Probably somewhere around 200 to 250 pounds so it's not as light as it normally would be. But hey at least I know it's not going to sag much at all with people inside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very nice. I have being thinking about pulling my tire carrier and getting it powder coated. I don't know if that would be worth the extra expense vs a rattle can.

Also really like the rims. I will need to look into those, bent one of my rims this summer.

just used rattle can type paint so i just can retouch it whenever it needs to. rim is pro comp 97-5884 rock crawler..heres what happened to my knock-off rim. 3 pcs of it had crack..

WP_20170308_14_18_16_Pro_LI_zps6kpdfiud.

Edited by dirtbike23

I don't have any input on that brand, sorry dirtbike23. All I can really tell you is there are more spring options that would work for a lift than you can shake a stick at. Do as much research as you can and compare specs, coil count, wire thickness, and static height to stock and go with what you feel confident will work.

Thicker wire will have a higher spring rate and more coils will provide a higher ride height over stock but how much depends on a lot of different factors. Only problem I've run into is that not all companies have specs for their springs because they buy them from one place and put their own name on them.

Sorry for the long post, but just weigh your options against availability and what you know will work and go from there. That's what I did.

RCWD21 thanks for the feedback sir, think ill go with the ironman or king brand as thats the only available on my place, been reading some reviews on those but not much info i could have.

Installed my superlift upper control arms today. Turns out I already had the stock arms set where they should be with a lift with the bump stops but now since one broke apart I need to replace them. I was thinking of getting 1/2" ball joint spacers to regain a little more clearance if the low profile bump stops don't provide enough room.

The surprising part is that there are only a few washers from the factory on both sides and only one thin shim on the driver side behind the spindle mount bolts. I have longer bolts just incase seeing as I need to get it aligned anyways due to weird tire wear.

Besides the paint on the arms I'm very happy with them and I can't wait to get this thing on the road and down some trails

5161b2af9190514c6cd396dba4db0d78.jpgaa410bbbb224a41203459f937e05315b.jpg5a8b691135582afd68dd3c6a5cab9302.jpgb6c7c94ed02d8cdddd68dca997f944e5.jpg

• Like 1

Finished removing the hot air thermo element thing from my air box and sealing it shut for the snorkel. Re-routed some wires and fired it up for the first time in a month and it fired right up.

Finished removing the hot air thermo element thing from my air box and sealing it shut for the snorkel. Re-routed some wires and fired it up for the first time in a month and it fired right up.

The mixture heater under the throttle body? I read they can dump bad stuff in the cylinders when they go bad, I need to remove mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mixture heater under the throttle body? I read they can dump bad stuff in the cylinders when they fail. I need to remove mine.

Edited by Backpacker

No its the little round black think next to the throttle body opening. The mixture heater on mine was in perfect shape and apparently still works but I'll probably find a replacement from the JY when one shows up so I can gut it and get it out of there as well.

Surprisingly not break anything when I caught a few feet of air on accident, fully loaded with camping gear and a big ass boulder in the trunk.

:ohno01: How did that happen??? Thank goodness nothing broke!

:ohno01: How did that happen??? Thank goodness nothing broke!

I'm pretty good about judging speed and stuff and was going for that perfect speed to get the kind of weightless feeling over this smallish hill on the dirt road, but apparently going a little too fast over it. I would guess we only got about a foot or 3 off the ground for like 4 or 5 feet of length. It was pretty fun haha and we landed perfectly flat so the suspension absorbed the impact really well. I was impressed. These trucks are tanks that's for sure.

Edited by Backpacker
  • Like 2

I'm pretty good about judging speed and stuff and was going for that perfect speed to get the kind of weightless feeling over this smallish hill on the dirt road, but apparently going a little too fast over it. I would guess we only got about a foot or 3 off the ground for like 4 or 5 feet of length. It was pretty fun haha and we landed perfectly flat so the suspension absorbed the impact really well. I was impressed. These trucks are tanks that's for sure.

Oh ok, that's good then! I was concerned that perhaps you had hit a very unpleasant bump while having some fun in a field. Sounds like it was fun!

Oh ok, that's good then! I was concerned that perhaps you had hit a very unpleasant bump while having some fun in a field. Sounds like it was fun!

So much fun. This weekend was the first trip out with another 4x4 vehicle, so I could really test its limits without the worry of getting stuck or breaking down. Immediately got stuck in the sand when we got to our spot, so I'm going to try and trade my 29" tires for some 31" and get an air compressor as my next upgrade.

• Like 1

Installed my Anzo Headlight housings, replaced both side marker light housings, and installed my rough country steering stabilizer. Also touched up the paint on my front bumper, as it had accumulated many rockchips. Gave the ol' girl a fresh oil change as well.