What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Discovered that a scrap of copper tubing is not an adequate replacement for the tire carrier pin.

IMG_8045_zpsodtckdcm.jpg

That was fun to get out.

Also, wired my trailer lights back up tried to figure out why they're still dim as hell. And it's not the ground, that was the first, second, third, and fifth thing I checked. Best guess at this point is voltage drop across the converter box.

The converters are known to go out. I've replaced mine once already when one trailer light started acting funny. I have also seen them cause dim trailer lights. For the $20 bucks, wouldn't hurt to try.

Threw a box in the back that contained the front and rear climate control units and a missing piece of roof rack trim. Received from Brian Crampton (look on Facebook for contact info). Waiting for reasonable weather to do the install.

The converters are known to go out. I've replaced mine once already when one trailer light started acting funny. I have also seen them cause dim trailer lights. For the $20 bucks, wouldn't hurt to try.

Tried a new one of those too, didn't seem to change anything. I guess I might've gotten a bad one. One of these days I'll figure the bugger out.

Today I put summer tires on. Then I thought, while I'm at it, I might as well check the brakes. And lube them with some of that purple ceramic goop I picked up a while ago. And install those braided brake lines, and, oh, yeah, I'd been meaning to flush the brake fluid since I got the thing. So all that's done now. I also got a good look at how clapped out the idler arm and center link are. :blink: Yeah, I think I know what I'm replacing next.

Finally going to take another big step in fixing the damage from my small crash in December; just dropped The Q off at a local fab shop (4byfours Inc.) to have a custom winch bumper made, and I'm very excited!! He said it could be done as soon as the end of the week if nothing comes up. :happy:

Turns out the front brake lines I put on yesterday were too long, and fouled either the tire or the LCA depending on how I set them up. So I took those off, and put on a different set that do fit. Hopefully I'm done with brake work for a while.

Finally got time to fix my front door speakers. They only were holding by a single screw so took door panels off and cleaned lots of dust out. Covered the panel vents with some black plastic and taped in place. Drilled new hole at the base of each speaker and screwed the existing ones back in. Also fixed rattling side mirror. Took for a test drive and no more rattles. Music sound is improved.

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking where'd you get that light at?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There is a guy on Vancouver Island that imports them and sells them. I can get you his info if you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy on Vancouver Island that imports them and sells them. I can get you his info if you want?

That would be great, how much was shipping to you? I live in eastern NC so shipping might break it lol

2292ed4aea3d2eb58105be3164e88d25.jpg

Very nice. I have being thinking about pulling my tire carrier and getting it powder coated. I don't know if that would be worth the extra expense vs a rattle can.

Also really like the rims. I will need to look into those, bent one of my rims this summer.

Edited by Citron

Installed my lift springs today, they're lift springs for a JGC. They measure 21 inches free standing. I used 5/8" vinyl tubing for the lower isolators since mine were basically falling apart. The uppers looked brand new minus the spring indentation.

cce21a3f358793fcded56edeedcfc2aa.jpg182c69c9251f6af4e1bc15b5b129771d.jpg55e6b6def4716570b958d9ff035a1b48.jpg

• Like 1

I got a little under 4 inches of lift from the looks of it, I'll have to measure the front to see since it didn't move much at all for some reason. As for the ride I have no idea, I still need to figure out which shocks to go with in the rear. I know the stock electros still worked perfect after 30yrs.

It's not street legal yet either, but hopefully in a couple weeks it will be but know for a fact that those springs are going to be tons stiffer than stock.

I've been working on this thing for a little over a year now and it's almost done. Another $1000 and I should be done (or so I keep telling myself)