What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I like the location, does it interfere with the passengers elbow?

Nope not at all. The only thing that might be annoying is, I rest my drinks between the shifter and center console right where the mic cord is. But not a big issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed torsion bars, drivers side large bolt up under engine bay 4x4 is just spinning so it's not 100% off. Not sure how I'm going to stop it considering there isn't any room to get a wrench to hold it and no way could you get a socket. Anybody have any ideas for me to try?

Not today but in the last month......

Dec 26th reverse went out in transmission. Found a used one out of a 96 for 400$ and swapped it out, took 4 days doing it by myself.

Jan 5/6 started stalling and acting weird just below a 1/4 tank, figured out sending unit is crapping out so now i have to watch fuel level.

Jan 9 replaced fuel filter and did an oil change.

Feb 27 She started running like crap trying to stall and massive idle fluctuations. Put gas in it, didn't help. Ran normal once it sat and cooled down but started acting up at operating temp again. So i cleaned the maf sensor and found a cracked vacuum line on the evap canister. The exhaust was stinking like rotten eggs so i figured it was fuel related. I just had it emissions tested on 2/25 and it passed with flying colors so i figured it couldn't be the cat or 02 sensor. After cleaning the maf and replacing the vacuum line she seems to be back to normal. Fingers crossed!

Not today but in the last month......

Dec 26th reverse went out in transmission. Found a used one out of a 96 for 400$ and swapped it out, took 4 days doing it by myself.

Jan 5/6 started stalling and acting weird just below a 1/4 tank, figured out sending unit is crapping out so now i have to watch fuel level.

Jan 9 replaced fuel filter and did an oil change.

Feb 27 She started running like crap trying to stall and massive idle fluctuations. Put gas in it, didn't help. Ran normal once it sat and cooled down but started acting up at operating temp again. So i cleaned the maf sensor and found a cracked vacuum line on the evap canister. The exhaust was stinking like rotten eggs so i figured it was fuel related. I just had it emissions tested on 2/25 and it passed with flying colors so i figured it couldn't be the cat or 02 sensor. After cleaning the maf and replacing the vacuum line she seems to be back to normal. Fingers crossed!

Sending unit shouldn't affect running. Is it an in tank pump? Possibly the pump pickup isn't all the way to the bottom, or the pump is getting weak?

a9603237d76b140b063d1304a0dabfed.jpg

A little upgrade time

OME 1.75" suspension kit

1" suspension spacers

New lower control arms

New u-joints for front driveshaft

New BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires in 245-70r17

She drives so much better now. She sits 5" taller from where she was the other day.

• Like 3

Sending unit shouldn't affect running. Is it an in tank pump? Possibly the pump pickup isn't all the way to the bottom, or the pump is getting weak?

I meant as in the gauge isnt reading correctly due to the sending unit. The pump is running fine, the fuel gauge was accurate to E until a few weeks ago, but now when i can really hear the gas sloshing around and its close to 1/4 tank i have to put gas in to be safe.

• Like 1

Adjusted left side headlight down a bit after getting flashed by the odd driver in the past few nights. Pulled rear floor mats out and soaked them in the laundry sink with some washing liquid and nice smelling stuff. Gonna recolor them tomorrow. Already done the front ones.

• 2 weeks later...

started in on the wiring on the white 88, removed the stock wiring as far as the dash, installed the 94 wiring from taillights to dash.

carpets out and cleaned, hopefully will finish the wiring and the 94 dash tomorrow

Cleaned up the carpet a little bit after this long winter we have had. Found the little mouse bast@rd that ate some of my carpet and insulation and s#it everywhere. A pile of bones under my carpet was not was I was expecting to find.

started in on the wiring on the white 88, removed the stock wiring as far as the dash, installed the 94 wiring from taillights to dash.

carpets out and cleaned, hopefully will finish the wiring and the 94 dash tomorrow

dash is out 88 wiring is out, 94 wiring in carpets back in 94 dash tomorrow, it just got too damm hot to finish it this afternoon

• Like 1

dash is out 88 wiring is out, 94 wiring in carpets back in 94 dash tomorrow, it just got too damm hot to finish it this afternoon

It's already hit 90 here in Phoenix. Time for me to find my AC leak I've been outing off.

It's already hit 90 here in Phoenix. Time for me to find my AC leak I've been outing off.

do they still have that big thermometer on the east side of the 17 just south of Black Canyon

do they still have that big thermometer on the east side of the 17 just south of Black Canyon

I'm not sure. I drive that a lot when I go camping but I don't remember it.

Lot's of car work today. New rear flex lines and a caliper on the 94. Swapped out the rubber brake lines to stainless extended ones on my friend's 2015 xterra. And then did o2 sensors on another friend's mazda 3.

Got my cruise control working. The stealership wanted $16 a piece for the rubber nipple things that go on the brake pedal. I duct taped some cardboard to it temporarily till I can find time to get some from the junk yard. This is an improvement to the previous owners crappy attempt at the same fix. It's working really good and makes my 50 mile one way commute to school a little nicer.

I used small round felt tips from Walmart with sticky backing. The factory nipples are hard to get off without breaking them. It's been over a year and my cruise still works perfect.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I used small round felt tips from Walmart with sticky backing. The factory nipples are hard to get off without breaking them. It's been over a year and my cruise still works perfect.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

That's a great idea!

Discovered that a scrap of copper tubing is not an adequate replacement for the tire carrier pin.

IMG_8045_zpsodtckdcm.jpg

That was fun to get out.

Also, wired my trailer lights back up tried to figure out why they're still dim as hell. And it's not the ground, that was the first, second, third, and fifth thing I checked. Best guess at this point is voltage drop across the converter box.