What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

the guy I bought it from had 2 a 95 with some left frt body damage and the 88. got them both for 1350.00

pulled the fender, hood, grill, frt bumper off my 94 with the bad engine luckily same color, and mama likes the

auto tranny better then the 5 spd. been driving the 95 for a month now and it runs sweet

Edited by vagabond

Cleaned out my soured work uniforms out of the back seat.

Bought a gas getter cavalier for $500 that needed wheel bearings and haven't driven The Pathy to work in a couple weeks. It was smelling ripe!

• Like 2

Tested my reversed drag link and it was a definite no-go. Put the original back in. I need to make a new drag link as it is too short for my liking. Also I need to readjust it as my steering wheel is off centered. I get to drive it again so I'm happy.

• Like 2

Some new noises coming from my Pathfinder but I can't tell what they are because they only occur while I'm driving. First noise is a slight grinding/metal on metal rubbing sound when I turn the wheels to the left, usually between 10-30 mph. Wheel bearing/hub?

Second noise is a very similar noise, almost like a bad bearing, that only occurs in 3rd gear at around 3k rpm (haven't noted the speed).. How do I check my wheel bearings in my own driveway?

Some new noises coming from my Pathfinder but I can't tell what they are because they only occur while I'm driving. First noise is a slight grinding/metal on metal rubbing sound when I turn the wheels to the left, usually between 10-30 mph. Wheel bearing/hub?

Second noise is a very similar noise, almost like a bad bearing, that only occurs in 3rd gear at around 3k rpm (haven't noted the speed).. How do I check my wheel bearings in my own driveway?

Not rpm dependent? Only when turning?

Jack the tire up, grab grab the wheel by 3 and 9 o'clock and wiggle back and forth. Then repeat but at 12 and 6. It shouldn't have too much play in it. If it's loose the bearing is most likely bad. Check all four, and if one is bad it will probably be looser than the others. The only other way I know of to check them would be pulling them out and cleaning/checking them for wear. At that point though you might as well just replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df06165c2242efd1c6684a8686ef24d6.jpg

Finally got her in the air so I could get proper leverage for the trans bolt. Took a 4 foot cheater to break loose! Replaced the inner shift boot and topped it off through the shifter with redline. Next time I'm doing the whole job through the shifter. Someone on here said it took ages for the oil to seep through the shifter hole, but mine ate up a quart and a half in no time. Maybe they didn't pull it out all the way.

Thoughts on this drain plug? The old oil was the blackest gear oi I've ever seen, I don't know how old the fluid was. Truck has 128k mi and it could have very well been the original oil.

628816789a5fbda443932d80e1e1db81.jpg

Having metal particles on the magnet isn't unusual. It doesn't look excessive to me. The only concerning part is that large wire looking piece. Usually, it is just fine particles like all of the rest.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Having metal particles on the magnet isn't unusual. It doesn't look excessive to me. The only concerning part is that large wire looking piece. Usually, it is just fine particles like all of the rest.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Wire is probably from the oil catch pan, it was a raisable shop style one with a drain. The bolt dropped onto it and probably picked it up there.

Edited by Backpacker

Wire is probably from the oil catch pan, it was a raisable shop style one with a drain. The bolt dropped onto it and probably picked it up there.

No worries then.

Heat wasn't getting hot like it should in my QX4 so installed new thermostat and walla it's a furnace now. Changed the oil and air filter in my QX4 and Pathy along with topping off all fluids. Today was a great day.d56d8f02775821340e764515c7649640.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally got the vg33 for 400$ last weekend, ECU and all. After taking off alt, pwr steering, A/C and starter i unbolted the block from the tranny in vg30 with a lot of frustration. To many damn bolts on there, just when you think you got them all you find another.

To add to the frustration the truck is sitting at a bit of a downward angle and my shocks are blown. To say I had zero room is a drastic understatement :/

I spent most of Saturday guesstimating, cutting out, and preping steel bits for a long overdue frame repair. Passenger side just in front of the rear wheel, over the trailing arm bracket (inside and outside) and the bottom section from the bracket forwards to the crossmember and a small reinforcement for the body mount. In total, 6 separate pieces of cold rolled 1018, cut, trimmed, fitted, deburred, sanded, cleaned, tacked in place and welded on after 2 hours of rust removal with a cordless drill and a wire wheel ( that was all that I had other than a 4" square piece of sand paper).... Two days later and I am still sore from all of that.... didn't take a single photo either.

• Like 1