What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

The bosch icon ones are the best. Yeah they're pricey but they've been on my truck for over 2 years and still work great. Longest lasting wiper I've ever had.

I need a &^%*ing locker, and to put in my 4.9 xterra gears. Maybe over the winter.

Pretty much overhauled the entire front end this past weekend. New tie-rods and end links, ball joints, bushings, CV shafts, front diff seals, brake rotors, brake calipers, bearings, manual hubs, and upgraded to OME struts to match the OME springs that were previously installed. Also installed a set of fleury spacers front and rear for some additional fun. bb10cb4b20666bcd7b65fea9afb7bf49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Built and installed a missing link. Also called 'Jacobs Link' patent pending lol.

I used a sign post from scrap pile and cut it with a torch. Then ground it smooth. Painted it black. Seems to have stiffened up handling a bunch.

My front driveshaft vibes at about 50 mph. Might not be good for high rpm wheeling. Finally saw a supercharged xterra in the pick and pull yard. Snagged the transfer case shift boot but the lower boot was torn. Better than nothing right now.

• Like 1

871a1faee52cb4070004faa1a23f2003.jpg

So I got two citations as it shows in the scanned ticket but the system only has me for just the parking in a fire Lane violation... I'm hoping the system does catch the slip. Let there be a leniency upon me!

So much for my winch fund.

wired up a lightbar in my bumper and redid the wiring for my cb radio

How'd you mount the light bar? Photos? I just mounted mine and and not 100% happy with placement.

How'd you mount the light bar? Photos? I just mounted mine and and not 100% happy with placement.

I dont have any good pictures on my phone currently, but I'll show the one I have.

2u3wrwl.png

For the install I had to make L brackets of of some scrape steel I had lying around and then welded that to a cross member that runs in behind the bumper. II then had to chop up the bumper a little bit to make room the actual light bar itself. Once I did all that i could drill holes in the l brackets and mount the lightbar to them. This works really well and looks really clean in my opinion. My only problem with it is it doesn't give much room for adjustment of the ligtbar after the fact. As well I find it is a little too low to the ground. It could be more effective it it were a little higher. Overall though I really like how its done. As well in the picture you can see some of the bumper that I had to trim to make it if fit. Would recommend doing this set up for sure though. And for anyone who wants to know it is a 24" light bar.

Edited by r50chilkoot
  • Like 1

I did similar setup to r50, but up a slot. My front license plate is off so I placed it behind that location. 2000 model, like yours. Mounted directly to bottom of the steel bumper, behind the plastic cover. Didn't even have to cut the plastic - though I did remove it to do the work. 20". I didn't post a picture here like I should have, just in my build thread. Can still install the license plate if needed, been 6+ months without it though.

Recently used my pathfinder to haul gravel - inside. I have a rubber cut-to-fit weathertech cargo mat, Home Depot plastic containers, a 5-gal bucket (scoop), and a shovel. 500 lbs at a time from a local gravel company (so like a $2 trip), moved over 2 tons. Re-leveled part of my driveway before winter - so the Pathfinder can sit level.

I changed my fuel filter today, I ordered the K and N because it was all steel and on sale cheaper than WIX. Turns out it was a smaller diameter than stock, wish I had just wrapped it with electrical tape before I started. I stripped out one hose clamp and went back with a 5/16 clamp so much easier!! I blew the filter out backwards, it looked terrible the PO must have kept this truck below an 1/8th tank at all times and mixed sand and rust with the gas every third fill up.

Changed the MAF to a Maxima MAF... Then changed it back, truck would not run and I had to drive to town so instead of trying to relearn new MAF I just put the old one in, turned out the fuel filter was the source of my power loss and shudder anyways. I have a Maxima MAF that will make your truck not run for sale for a dollar now.

I changed my fuel filter today, I ordered the K and N because it was all steel and on sale cheaper than WIX. Turns out it was a smaller diameter than stock, wish I had just wrapped it with electrical tape before I started. I stripped out one hose clamp and went back with a 5/16 clamp so much easier!! I blew the filter out backwards, it looked terrible the PO must have kept this truck below an 1/8th tank at all times and mixed sand and rust with the gas every third fill up.

Changed the MAF to a Maxima MAF... Then changed it back, truck would not run and I had to drive to town so instead of trying to relearn new MAF I just put the old one in, turned out the fuel filter was the source of my power loss and shudder anyways. I have a Maxima MAF that will make your truck not run for sale for a dollar now.

I need to change out my fuel filter too. I bet it's full of rust from my Rusty gas tank.

What's the difference with the maxima Maf? I have the vg30 so I know it's narrower in the opening.

So the fuel hose size is 5/16th? I'll pick up some after work.

I need to change out my fuel filter too. I bet it's full of rust from my Rusty gas tank.

What's the difference with the maxima Maf? I have the vg30 so I know it's narrower in the opening.

So the fuel hose size is 5/16th? I'll pick up some after work.

The stock hose is 5/16th or the metric equivalent, I just measured my cut piece to be sure. You can use 3/8 but it's not snug at all on the filter. Be sure to get 4 extra hose clamps, I destroyed one and salvaged one that I will probably have to cut off next time. And get a all steel fuel filter (and put tape on it lol) if you don't break the filter bracket. They have metal filters with a plastic insert and they will shatter.

The Maxima MAF on the 01-02 is supposed to be a direct swap even though it's a 5 pin not a 4. Supposedly it is a direct swap and $200 cheaper. But you have to have a scan tool and relearn the MAF if your luck sucks like mine.... about 70% of people have no issues I rolled the dice and had issues.

I changed them because my truck was running weak and shuddered a bit. No codes nothing most people would even notice. My fuel filter looked horrible when I blew it out backwards. And with the stock MAF installed runs like I remember it should when I bought her.

Last weekend was tie rods, front shocks and center link. This weekend was rad hoses, plugs/wires, oil and coolant change. Truck fought me every step of the way lol. No fancy parts. Tracked the shaky front end to strut/torsion rod bushings so I guess thats next weekend. 410k miles on the 88 and going strong as my daily driver. Love this beater.

• Like 1

Did the cleanest oil change so far. Stuck some oil absorbent mat on top of the starter, that stuff soaked up almost all the oil i spilled out of the filter.

Filter relocation is still in the future though.

I plan on doing the same thing too today after work. I have less than a 200 miles since the rebuild and I'm sure the motor will run a little bit better afterwards. I also need to put together a quick crankcase oil catch can. I currently have the valve covers free venting. I'm also going to try and replace the fuel filter too.

I have a nasty exhaust leak which sounds like it's coming from the exhaust bank. Crap.

got the targa bar lights hooked up and mounted a couple of relays that were loose after the 88 to 95 electrical swap.

88 is back on the road with the 3.3. in her and is she happy with all the new goodies in her :D:D:D

• Like 3

Center console that fits around the trans shifter was rattling like a snake and I lifted up that little square of carpet at the front piece and both bolts are just sitting there not even screwed down! Noticed they were a bit rusty so got them soaking in CLR before I put them back in.

On the topic of wipers, I usually just spend the amount of money that I would on two, on just the driver side, so that I can see extra good.

Or you could be not cheap and replace both...