What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Dropped a tin of Altoids while I was driving yesterday and they spilled everywhere. When I reached under the driver floor mat to grab a couple, I almost burned my hand the carpet was so hot. Checked underneath when I got home and lo-and-behold, the y-pipe gaskets were blown through on the top side. Replaced them (took forever), and then went a step further and wrapped my exhaust header/collector all the way back to the cat. Should deal with heat a little bit better, and the weirdness of my exhaust sound is gone now. Hopefully will get some better gas mileage, as the leak was before the O2 sensor, and maybe this will help with my rich fuel mixture. Also, changed the oil with Mobil 1 and a PureOne filter.

Fun news: a friend of mine hooked me up as a surprise for helping him move with a new subwoofer/amp setup to replace the one that was stolen 2 years ago. He found a discontinued JBL W12GTi MkII 12" at a warehouse supplier (4000W power handling at 3ohm), and got me a 3000W amp with 1500W RMS handling.... Installed it at 3ohms and it frothed my gas so badly that my truck started to have issues running. So I rewired it at 12ohm, and holy cow am I impressed.

Bad news: found 4 separated screws in my tire, including 1 in my sidewall. No serious issues, just annoyed by the fact that I now have to wait to drive my truck until the tire store can get a replacement in stock.

Next steps: Buy new Sway-Away torsion bars and install, along with my Rancho coils, then get an actual alignment, and not one of these cheap-ass "free alignment with $100 purchase" deals.

IMG_4683.jpg

Hey Hawairish, did you do a rear disc brake conversation on your R50? If so I would love any info you have on it! Please PM me if you don't mind

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Edited by PatDes

Hey Hawairish, did you do a rear disc brake conversation on your R50? If so I would love any info you have on it! Please PM me if you don't mind

Yes, WD21 discs on my R50. Just finished bleeding it, actually. Hoping to take it for a test drive tonight, but gotta change my driveshaft u-joints first. Stay tuned, I'll have a write-up for it.

• Like 1

X2. Would love to know the process myself!

Looking forward to the write-up

New exhaust!!! New Y pipe then a 1-1 flowmaster 40 2" out to a 2.5" tip in stock location. Sounds like a rumbley little 350Z now. Not too much drone or cackle just a nice low growl until you crack Into It and it gets good and loud.

Edited by LittleFR

New exhaust!!! New Y pipe then a 1-1 flowmaster 40 2" out to a 2.5" tip in stock location. Sounds like a rumbley little 350Z now. Not too much drone or cackle just a nice low growl until you crack Into It and it gets good and loud.

Are you getting any exhaust drone? I had a similar setup in my 2000 maxima with the 3.0 back in the day and it had some low rpm drone

Guess I should've probably read the whole post first lol

The exhaust tip extends all the way to the rear of the R50 the tip goes clear to the hitch welded all the way. Haha, it really doesn't drone once the TQ lockup hits, kind of finds a sweet spot. Plus I have 32" MTs... It's def not louder than the tires.

The truck has good sound dampening. With the windows up I don't hear the tires either.

Edited by LittleFR

Reinstalled bumper, lights, wiring through the engine bay and rad support area, tightened all the lines up, mounted the fenders. Just have to change the filters and add the fluids and a few more wiring connections and I'll be ready to fire up the diesel tomorrow.

• Like 3

Did a 150-mile highway + off-road shakedown on the truck to test lockers and disc brakes...on a scale of 1 to 10, it's awesome. Aimed it towards one particular obstacle that I've bypassed for a lesser obstacle twice before. Made it my bitch this time.

• Like 4