What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hauled the transmission out from under the pathfinder and towed it to a body shop to get an estimate for a frame pull. The shop who originally did the poor job of welding and lining up my motor mounts did worse than I had thought. Unfortunately, it's going to be more expensive since the motor is in the truck.

I'm so mad and disappointed.

It doesn't help that I'm still living in an apartment still and it won't be until mid next year until we move.

It looks like I may have to haul the pathfinder back to my mother's which is 2.5 hours away.

Cuong, the shop that originally did the motor mounts they should have some kind of warranty for that work they did. It is a safety issue that needs to be addressed and I would be telling them this that it is a safety issue. Do they have a proper design safety standard in place for this work they did? I would be taking photos and showing them it's not right, it's a safety issue and needs rectifying.

Cuong, the shop that originally did the motor mounts they should have some kind of warranty for that work they did. It is a safety issue that needs to be addressed and I would be telling them this that it is a safety issue. Do they have a proper design safety standard in place for this work they did? I would be taking photos and showing them it's not right, it's a safety issue and needs rectifying.

I didn't want to deal with them anymore. If they can't do it right the first time, I do not want to deal with them later. They refunded me so I don't really care. Just a waste of my time.

• Like 1

back to pap yesterday got the crank pulley, ps pump, and ps pump bracket and the ps adjustment bracket from the 2000 exrerra that I snagged the oil filter mount and alt and alt and A/C comp mount from. got it all installed this morning on the 3.3, still have to get the A/C comp to finish the install.Was able to use the old ps reservoir just had to shorten the return hose

I could have had my old 3,0 crank pulley bored out but the only shop that said they could do it was up in the LA area and it would run about $150.00.

I might try and fire it up this afternoon

• Like 1

Been experiencing some weird smells coming through the vents so did a clean out of the blower, found a pine twig and a crumpled leaf in it. Cleaned all the fins on squirrel cage with hand soap and an old toothbrush. Vacuumed the evap box through the resistor hole. There was a hair inside, don't know how that got in there, poked around with the end of a cable tie to loosen it because the vacuum wasn't getting it but eventually managed to get it out. Sprayed some air freshener in the evap box and also in the hole where the blower fits. Bolted everything back up now I have fresh smelling air again.

Edited by Terranovation

38ba5f71be15cdb400f49ad914735193.jpgThis from my post earlier, showing the leds I installed. The red thing is a digital voltmeter. Also went for a nice drive to a lookout point.b8b49a8f996c40ddf110165f54fcf529.jpg

Looks great. Do you have a how to? Or atleast a list of bulbs you used? Thank you good sir. Edited by DcrPrz

There is a video walkthrough by trulymeparker on youtube titled Led dashboard upgrade Terrano. Although the end result of illumination wasn't good in the video, at least you can see how it comes apart.

After doing some research, I found the square dash design for the Terrano is actually the same as a D21, or early Frontier model. It's not the same as the curved dash design that has oval gauges.

The number of globes you'll need are 6 x T10 which is four for the actual gauges, two for the indicators. T5 globes fit the smaller warning lights like the clock and there was one at the '0' mark on the tacho. I think I used a total of 17 T5s. I had to bend the pins inwards on the bulb holders to make the bulbs fit because they kept wanting to slide out. Pretty easy to bend the pins in with a small knife edge and being careful.

• Like 1

There is a video walkthrough by trulymeparker on youtube titled Led dashboard upgrade Terrano. Although the end result of illumination wasn't good in the video, at least you can see how it comes apart.

After doing some research, I found the square dash design for the Terrano is actually the same as a D21, or early Frontier model. It's not the same as the curved dash design that has oval gauges.

The number of globes you'll need are 6 x T10 which is four for the actual gauges, two for the indicators. T5 globes fit the smaller warning lights like the clock and there was one at the '0' mark on the tacho. I think I used a total of 17 T5s. I had to bend the pins inwards on the bulb holders to make the bulbs fit because they kept wanting to slide out. Pretty easy to bend the pins in with a small knife edge and being careful.

Thank you for the info!!!!

Pulled my rear exhaust pipe and muffler down to take a 2nd stab at extracting a bungee cord that my 3-yo pushed up there last night, and which one of the hooks snagged on something and wouldn't come out (I stretched it to the point of the metal end uncoiling). Let me tell you how not-easy it is to shake a bungee cord from a muffler and tail pipe, and still needed to fish it out.

• Like 1

Pulled my rear exhaust pipe and muffler down to take a 2nd stab at extracting a bungee cord that my 3-yo pushed up there last night, and which one of the hooks snagged on something and wouldn't come out (I stretched it to the point of the metal end uncoiling). Let me tell you how not-easy it is to shake a bungee cord from a muffler and tail pipe, and still needed to fish it out.

Kids and exhaust pipes, they are fascinated by them. I remember getting in trouble from my dad when I was little, I got the hose stuck it up and watered his exhaust pipe for him lol

Kids and exhaust pipes, they are fascinated by them. I remember getting in trouble from my dad when I was little, I got the hose stuck it up and watered his exhaust pipe for him lol

Boys sticking things in anything that will fit

The other week, my boy's hand and forearm were completely soot-black and I couldn't figure out what he got into. It wasn't until my girl (the 3-yo) was caught doing this that I connected the dots (the same black forearm, lol). I guess it's my fault for putting enough lift on it to make it within reach. I'll be sure to not give them any ideas about the hose!

Today, came back from a short overnight camp trip with the family. Something just to get out of the house. Been travelling too much this year and otherwise just too busy. Was extremely surprised to get a little under 17mpg (285mi/17gal), with the idiot light coming on shortly before that. I don't think I've ever gotten that on a tank (or rather, have trusted a Nissan fuel gauge enough to drive further!), especially on a drive that included several highway climbs, 8K elevation, and fully-loaded with gear.

Almost put a hole in my radiator. I still have to inspect it closer to be sure. Loaded the transmission in the back of my truck and hauled my pathfinder back to the apartment. Hopefully nobody throws a fit about it since it had expired tags like last time.

20161004_192710.jpg

Replaced the passenger CV with Heri brand one. Both boots were torn eventhough I have Warn hubs and hadn't used 4x4 in years. Maybe the rubber got deteriorated over time.

The inner OEM boot has 3 fins while the Heri only has 2.

p970421045-4.jpg

Yesterday, pulled down the front diff and uninstalled the Lokka. It's going to a good home. Then, prepped the axle housing for the ARB. B) Just waiting on new bearings...and a ton of other crap.

Later today, planning to press together the rear disc brake and axle shaft assemblies. It's going to be a busy busy week.

• Like 1