What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

wen't to pick a part this morning to grab door and fender for the 94 and found a set of thorley headers and a pair

of ucas not sure of the brand.

Oh and got her door and fender

That's awesome! Any pictures of the donor vehicle? I wonder if it was a member here.

I pulled my inlaws 3/4 ton Avalanche ten miles home. It was an 8.1 liter 4x4 (the crankshaft position sensor went out)

My pathy was not happy, I thought I was going to have to use 4 low to make it up the hills.

Finally found the right oil filter base for my 3.3 conversion, a 2000 Exterra also the alt was on the drivers side so I grabbed

the adjusting bracket.

It's getting close have almost all the interior electrical done all from a 95 pathy with the dash

• Like 1

Ok guys, so I am new on here and new to Pathfinders...just bought my 94' XE about 3 weeks ago for $500! So far I have replaced the brake master cylinder, timing belt, tensioner pulley, water pump, water pump pulley ( the studs that hold the pulley, fan clutch and fan on sheered off while driving and the pulley went flying down the road behind it as the fan bounced around inside the shroud :headwall: )fan clutch, fan, alternator, upper and lower radiator hoses. After all of that, it is now running at a little higher rpm than I think it should (3400 at 55 mph, 3800 at 60 mph and 4200 at 70 mph). I found in a thread on here that the transmissions in these first generation pathys are geared high (more for off-road than daily driving)...true?? Also, the tires were the wrong size (had 215/70/15's on it :doh:) so we changed them this morning to 235/75/15's. (can the tire size affect the rpm's?)

Before changing the alternator, we had the brake light and battery light on. At first, after the change, they went off( :takebow: ) but now, they are flickering a little while driving. The belts that are on it now are not the right ones(according to the numbers on the belt)...could this be the problem? Or is the used alternator I got going bad too? The belts aren't squealing anymore (were at first, but I tightened them and the squeal went away). It doesn't seem to be missing, in fact it's running great! Any ideas? TIA!!

Tire size affects the overall final drive ratio. Bigger tires=lower ratio=lower RPM.

i mean lower numerically, as it is technically a higher ratio.

But these rigs came with 4.375 differential gearing. Maybe 4.675 depending on the options. That means for every 4.675 turns of the driveshaft, the wheels turn once. Generally, domestic trucks get like 3.50 or 2.70 depending on engine and options.

The bigger your tires, the less RPM you need to go a certain speed.

As for the rpms being high, I'm unsure about what correct is. But you may want to make sure your torque converter is locking. A 94 is a 4 speed auto, so you should see 4 distinct drops in rpm when it shifts, probable around 1000rpm or so drop. Then when you get up to highway speeds you should see one more of roughly 200rpm when the converter locks up. If it isn't locking, I'd avoid highway speeds, or 4th gear since it should be overdrive, and it will generate excessive heat and potentially damage the transmission.

Installed a new mast in my power antenna, screwed up the threads and cannot get the chrome nut to start now. Anyone have a power antenna laying around? Mast doesn't have to be good, as long as the motor runs...

Got around to installing my small t5 led globes in the dash to match the existing leds. It was a mission having to turn the key after installing each bulb to make sure it worked and if not, pulling the bulb holder, turning it around and reinstalling. Found that a majority of the bulb holders I had to bend in the tiny metal arms on the bulb holder so the leds would slot in without falling out. Installed a total of 17 globes for the P,R,N,D,2,1 tree, the glow plug light, high beam, park brake indicator, battery, oil pressure, O/D light, clock illumination, trans temp overheat indicator, one in the dash at the 0 mark on the tach and rear defog indicator. Interestingly I found there was no globe in the high beam spot and now all red coloured lenses are pinkish, the green lenses are now a light blue, orange lenses are now yellow and the clock is blue. It's different to what I expected but I like the changes. Will post pic.

Vacuumed the whole interior after driving along then a mini sand storm blew up. Unfortunately I had my window down and sand was everywhere! Sand on the seats, in the vents, on the carpet, sand on the dash. Took me about an hour cleaning it all then had a shower and was picking sand out of places I won't mention.

• Like 1

38ba5f71be15cdb400f49ad914735193.jpgThis from my post earlier, showing the leds I installed. The red thing is a digital voltmeter. Also went for a nice drive to a lookout point.b8b49a8f996c40ddf110165f54fcf529.jpg

Looks good, Thank you for the nice pics.

Philippe.

SaveSave