What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Decided it's finally time to let her go. Bought a 2005 Pathy and a small 4-door sedan in the past few weeks and need some relief on my car insurance bill. The 95 is the oldest of all my vehicles and will probably need a couple hundred dollars of work before inspection in October. I'm not sure I want to drag it along through another year. Now to decide whether to sell it whole, in parts or simply scrap it at the local yard.

Decided it's finally time to let her go. Bought a 2005 Pathy and a small 4-door sedan in the past few weeks and need some relief on my car insurance bill. The 95 is the oldest of all my vehicles and will probably need a couple hundred dollars of work before inspection in October. I'm not sure I want to drag it along through another year. Now to decide whether to sell it whole, in parts or simply scrap it at the local yard.

My wife wants me to get rid of mine. It's an eyesore for her.

Flushed and filled trans. Removed shock extensions (making multiple holes to adjust travel)

Got her aligned.

And hit a deer running 40mph. Thank goodness the lift put my bumper at shoulder height and it smoked the deer and left the Pathy unscathed... Other than a ton of deer fluids/solids and hair.

Edited by LittleFR
  • Like 1

Flushed and filled trans. Removed shock extensions (making multiple holes to adjust travel)

Got her aligned.

And hit a deer running 40mph. Thank goodness the lift put my bumper at shoulder height and it smoked the deer and left the Pathy unscathed... Other than a ton of deer fluids/solids and hair.

I did the same, except at 55. Broke the turn, marker, headlight, and bent my straight fender a little. Had deer hair in my bumper for a month or so.

My pathy is in the shop getting the windshield replaced and the rust on the window frame fixed.

• Like 1

Back in November 2015 my wife was driving the Terrano home at night and hit two kangaroos. Kangaroos can do a lot of damage basically their tail is all solid bone and is like iron. Amazingly the roo bar on the front was unscathed (did it's job) and the damage was both corner park lamps, left headlight smashed and left bottom front indicator. Both spotties on the front were smashed but I wasn't worried about them because they were all rusted. $250 all up for aftermarket parts and lucky there was no damage to any panels. Since fitted an led bar to see in the really dark roads where there's no street lamps.

Put two new tires on the rear. Waiting on front ones because 235/75R15 is not a sought after tire to keep in stock. How does that cubby come out? I don't want to break it.

Oh the rear panels? You have to pop the original speaker grilles off, then unscrew the speakers and wiring then inside there are 4 bolts that you remove to get that whole plastic speaker mount off. I think that's what you were talking about. I removed mine and bolted in Sony home theatre floor speakers. Slimmer design for more room in the back and sounds better too.

The lower panel by the seatbelt is what i took off to get to the wires, they'd came unplugged when I replaced my seat belts. So I popped off the panel to plug them back in. When I was getting the panel snapped back in, i noticed the little storage cubby under the triangular window wobble. They come out, and seemed to leave just enough room to get an arm in to get to those wires. Didn't try, since it'd already been fixed, and I didn't feel like crawling into the back seat.

I took another run at fixing the rear wiper and lost after 3 hours of trouble shooting and blowing fuses.... so it's just coming off because I do _not_ care that much anymore. And spent the weekend driving from one major city to another and back.

Spent 5 hours replacing my door hinge pins & bushings.

Lower pin was pretty tight in there, took some heating with a torch but got it out. Upper pin and bushings came out easy.

tL4M2xv.jpg

Had to drill out one bottom bushing. Had to go buy a $10 drill bit because i don't have a regular drill. I also soaked the new bushings in motor oil, to impregnate them with some lubrication. Forgot to take more pics, the skeeters were getting bad.

Now I have a non-saggy door, and a bunch of mosquito bites.

If you let it wear out enough it should be easy. Invest in a torch, a little heat and she loosened right up. also get a 3/8" drill bit for the bushings.

Unfortunately the upper hinge itself started wearing so i still have a bit of slop, but much better than before.

Mine were a pain. The bushings were seized to the pins and the pins spun in/wore out the brackets. I broke the pins loose, replaced the one bushing on the driver's side that was actually worn, then jacked up the back of the door to put the pin were it was supposed to be and welded the SOB to the bracket. It's really a lousy design and with how close the cylinders sit to the door, I was unable to get a drill bit anywhere near them.

If yours haven't seized up (pins don't rotate when you open and close the door), then you'll probably have a much better time of it than I did.