What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Installed alarm and added a actuator to the rear glass. Then attempted to change rear diff fluid but the incredible hulk worked on it last because I cant get the fill plug out.

Edited by JakeVQ

I have been doing alot to my pathfinder, two weeks ago I bought a 91 and a 95 both from different owners. Paid 700$ for both the 91 is rusting out bad so im pulling parts like the 95 needed a new back hatch so I did that, swapped the pass broken mirror, put door panel back on after it was taken off and thrown in the back, pulled the dash apart to replace burnt out bulbs and loose wires, swapped tires from the 91 to the 95 bc they were in better shape and newer. The 95 will be my daily driver and soon as im done pulling parts I am making the 91 I to a toy after I fix some serious rust issues it has. I am pretty sure almostthe whole floor is rusted out in it. The 95 is in really good condition it just needs some tlc

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Finally did some wiring in the rear. Dropped the trailer wiring harness connections through the rear up under where the spare is mounted. Spare clears it by about an inch. Now I can add whatever I need cleanly. With all the LED lamps I have installed, the combination (brake/indicator) causes inteference for some reason, so I'll have to use a 7-wire harness. I already have the 7-pin receptacle, but now the install should be easier. My aux is a backup signal on a switch up front. The extra "clear" is for my rock lighting - also on a switch up front. If i need a hot constant, I can pull from the amplifier fuse block.

25284044041_2e6fd84edb_b.jpg

• Like 1

My truck has passed 300,000 kms I was annoyed I missed when it rolled past 299999 but anyway, she got an oil change and fresh trans fluid change as a reward lol. Next I have to tackle the water pump on a free weekend. I think the water pump that's on there is the original too. Not bad for lasting 300,000 kms (187,500 miles)

Started on the water pump job, took about an hour and a half to get fan shroud, radiator out and drained and engine fan and the belts off. Undid the bolts holding the water pump and that thing is not budging! Grabs hammer, bashed on the edges of the old fan pulley until it worked loose. Lucky I had my bucket underneath because old coolant poured out of the engine block. I guess that's a good thing to see that must mean it's not blocked up inside. Took the radiator hoses off and scrubbed them out. It was great to see old brown crud coming out, due to me just using plain water. Tomorrow I'll clean up the front of the engine (it's an absolute mess from coolant spraying everything) then clean the water pump surface and put the new one on.

I got my passenger side front outer and inner bearings and seal replaced today. Easier than I thought it would be...I used the old races with the lower outer edges ground down to seat the new ones and the new seal. I was glad not to have to use a press to get the new ones in. Then went for a drive around the block... 14 mile mud bog , freshly thawed and graded dirt roads. So happy that the intermittent howl is now gone. I had undercoated that wheel well and repainted the rim while it was apart, after the drive it all matches...mud brown half way up the windows.

Edited by kdj
  • Like 1

Well, Im back. FINALLY replacing my spark plugs as was suggested oh so long ago, in order to try to get rid of that stupid misfire. not that it matters anymore, I realize that my truck is pretty hopeless at this point. Took it in for an alignment, knowing what the answer would be, and the guy just laughed and gave me my keys back without even putting it up on the lift. Maybe someday Ill have the money to fix ya buddy....

Plug 6 successfully changed! To be honest, if not for the tightness of the space, it was almost the easiest of the 6 plugs. Also, my misfire is far more steady, and is no longer random, so I believe that I can go cylinder by cylinder to determine what the problem is, so I'm pretty sure I can figure that one out of my own.

Alas, not all is well in the world of Kevin the Pathfinder. I've sprung a vac leak (go figure), but it seems like an easy fix - that is, assuming you guys know what it is based on my symptoms. It only makes the leaking sound under load, but I can audibly hear it cut out and stop leaking as soon as I take my foot off of the gas pedal, regardless of speed. I'm thinking its the IACV, butttttttt I'm not an expert. Thoughts?

Plug 6 successfully changed! To be honest, if not for the tightness of the space, it was almost the easiest of the 6 plugs. Also, my misfire is far more steady, and is no longer random, so I believe that I can go cylinder by cylinder to determine what the problem is, so I'm pretty sure I can figure that one out of my own.

Alas, not all is well in the world of Kevin the Pathfinder. I've sprung a vac leak (go figure), but it seems like an easy fix - that is, assuming you guys know what it is based on my symptoms. It only makes the leaking sound under load, but I can audibly hear it cut out and stop leaking as soon as I take my foot off of the gas pedal, regardless of speed. I'm thinking its the IACV, butttttttt I'm not an expert. Thoughts?

Just replace all the vac hose. The're cheap.

Just replace all the vac hose. The're cheap.

ahahahaha the vac leak was because one of the clips on the hose with the 70* bend that comes out of the intake tubing wasn't clipped in place, and so air was leaking around the sides of the connection. All fixed! (covered by the blue rag in your video above)

Replaced the CTS today, O2 sensor is arriving tomorrow. Gunna replace it when it shows up tomorrow - if it doesn't fix the misfire, I'm going to start messing with the EGR, IAC, and PCV. With high hopes that all goes well, I think I'll finally have time to redo some of my light and accessory wiring thats nesting beneath my center console.

Happy early Easter to all; I hope the weather remains civil for all of you!

ahahahaha the vac leak was because one of the clips on the hose with the 70* bend that comes out of the intake tubing wasn't clipped in place, and so air was leaking around the sides of the connection. All fixed! (covered by the blue rag in your video above)

Replaced the CTS today, O2 sensor is arriving tomorrow. Gunna replace it when it shows up tomorrow - if it doesn't fix the misfire, I'm going to start messing with the EGR, IAC, and PCV. With high hopes that all goes well, I think I'll finally have time to redo some of my light and accessory wiring thats nesting beneath my center console.

Happy early Easter to all; I hope the weather remains civil for all of you!

Happy Easter to you too!

Have you ever been over on Ronin Wheelers?