What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

That may be something that I may end up having to replace. I'm still in the troubleshooting phase after burying the front passenger tire -deep in soft dirt on the levy and spinning and digging out 3x's.

I'm hoping it was just the fail-safe from the AT Control unit but also could be the timing belts on 95 4wd,from what I have read now.

But just in case...how expensive were silonoids?

Is that something that I can replace myself or do I realllly a shop for yhat?

This is my only driver so I'm on a mission!!!

• Like 1

But just in case...how expensive were silonoids?

Is that something that I can replace myself or do I realllly a shop for yhat?

This is my only driver so I'm on a mission!!!

To replace the torque converter solenoid you don't need to take the tranny off, but to replace the other 4 solenoids you do. So, if you have the skills to work with the transmission... In my case, I had a shop do that

I've done a lot of search in the web for solenoids, and the prices where about US$ 300 or more (the 4 solenoids kit) and US$ 170 the torque converter solenoid (if I remember correctly).

As I live in Brazil, that will result in about US$ 1000, shipping+taxes.

I ended buying from www.partsouq.com, which is located in Dubai. US$ 160 the kit, and US$ 95 the converter solenoid. Original ones.

Incoming pictures... Today was a very busy day. bull bar/bumper removed, skid plate removed (oh the carnage!), seats and carpets removed, hand scrubbed and pressure washed carpets, and shampooed the seats. Hopefully the stench of cigarettes and weed will be out of the truck and I can start doing motor work tomorrow. Still waiting for a buddy to bring over the engine hoist so I can put the motor on the stand.

GOPR0216_zpslb1mwty6.jpg

GOPR0217_zpszvg1azq4.jpg

GOPR0218_zpsb1xaog49.jpg

GOPR0219_zpsqvvnc8ox.jpg

GOPR0220_zpsjzxhdi6z.jpg

This is not the best lighting and it's hard to see under the truck, but the engine grenaded and shot the rod through the oil pan... in better lighting you can see the rod.

GOPR0224_zps7ajd8jie.jpg

8c356167-d070-48aa-934f-df4863356b41_zps

GOPR0221_zpskjnm3csm.jpg

• Like 1

Learned how to bypass my starter relay with a paper clip :-) I went to pull a minivan out of some mud and ummnn...yeah my 95 had NOTHIN....lol a click not a crank not a kiss goodbye, nothin...

So I walked home from the levy and found a YouTube. It was a jeep but it looked close enough so I tried it :-)

Patti is home just dirty as the back 40 and in need of yet more repairs and maintenance but she got me back home

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Discovered a cool method of finding out where the fan bolts are located. Grab a sheet of A4 paper, then press it down over the centre of the fan where it bolts on. Remove paper and the bolts will show up on the paper because of the road grime! Also handy way of measuring the bolt gap across the fan so you can order the right size if you need one.

• Like 1

Learned how to bypass my starter relay with a paper clip :-) I went to pull a minivan out of some mud and ummnn...yeah my 95 had NOTHIN....lol a click not a crank not a kiss goodbye, nothin...

So I walked home from the levy and found a YouTube. It was a jeep but it looked close enough so I tried it :-)

Patti is home just dirty as the back 40 and in need of yet more repairs and maintenance but she got me back home

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Happy you got Patti home. Which relay did did you "bypass"?

Yanked the heart of my pathy named Skippy. Have 8 boxes of new parts including, water pump, oil pump, exhaust valves, intake valves, valve seals and keepers, cabin filters, wix filters for intake, oil and transmission, blower motor, champion iridium plugs, oil pressure sensor, knock sensor, new .020" oversize hyperutectic pistons and rings, all new engine bearings, rods, full engine gaskets set and much more :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not so much work on the car today, I'm waiting for a new fan I picked up off Ebay for $55 AUD, not bad. My old fan has cracks all around the centre rim which have been there for a few years but I suspect it's getting worse so I better change it before I destroy my rad. Gave all my tools an overnight soaking in CLR to remove 10 years worth of rust and grime. It's great at removing calcium, lime and most importantly rust. Gave the tool box a good spray out with degreaser and washed it. Wow, whose tools are those! Looks brand new now.

I decided to remove the anti-sway bar bolts on Ernest this morning after dealing with two weeks of Goodyear Wrangler Territory 31" tire abuse coming through the suspension. Dear lord what a difference! I drove it around the block, through the alley and over the speed humps to try it out.... WOW... what an awesome ride! Smooth as buttered glass! I think I may just remove both bars and call it even. :lmao:

Edited by SpecialWarr
  • Like 2

Bought a daily so the old girl can have a good birthday:

So far tonight:

- Rewiring winch switches

- Replaced Braced Idler Arm (shot bushes)

- cleaned air filter

- Started prepping for passenger side balljoint replacements (did drivers side few weeks back)

Still to come over the coming month:
- New Turbo & Intercooler

- New transcooler, filter & hoses

- Window Seals
- Replace Rotors & wheel bearings

Completed a ghetto patch on the rust hole under the back seat. If it were anything more than a rusty off road beater that cost me $300 I would care more about how it was repaired. And maybe some day i'll get back to it and do it right. But for now I ground out all of the loose rust, used Rustoleum rust converter/primer, undercoating, formed a sheet of aluminum over the bump and set it with black gasket maker, secured with a dozen rivets. I then re primed and undercoated the whole thing. Should at least keep the rust from spreading and keep exhaust, dirt, mud, and water from leaking in to the cabin.

Found a perfect size rubber hose for one of my compression lines, the port the hose had to join onto was micro small diameter and the only hose available was 8mm which even then was too big. I eventually found the rubber cord that fits around fly screen doors actually had a hole going through it so it was usable as a hose connection! Tested in boiling water just in case to make sure it doesn't melt and it survived the heat test.

I replaced my front tires since my old style MT/Rs were worn out. I think I scored the best tire deal ever. Two 100% tread, new style 32x11.50-15 MT/Rs mounted and balanced with disposal for $80. I wasn't about to complain about the fact that they mounted the new tires with the white letters in when the rears had the white out. It would usually cost $15 a tire just for dismount/mount/balance. The only bad part is that the tread on the new tires seems to be quite a bit wider. Fender trimming and a T-bar crank are in order.