What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Discovered a good method for removing side mirror glass out of it's plastic housing - feeler gauge tool or spark plug gap measuring tool. It's a good sliver of metal to wedge in and run it around the edge of the glass to pop it out. My mirror had an annoying rattle and would you believe there was a coin behind it. Only 5 cents though. Beats me how it got in there. I think the PO had a rattle from there and tried gluing a coin in it but when the coin got loose it became a new rattle lol.

That is fantastic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pics cause I was angry, I replaced the alternator in the 96 today. It was charging fine but the bearings were screaming, sounded like an X-wing fighter! Now that is quiet, I'm hearing a squeak/chattering kind of noise, seems like it might be coming from the water pump? Seems like there's a little play when I try to wiggle the fan blade with no belt on the pulley...

Edited by 01Pathmaker

Replaced my alternator today with the old one I got back from the electrician that had a refurbish. No more grinding noise and the charging isn't the best so now I'm suspecting it's the battery. If it's not one thing it's another.

• Like 1

Didnt want to just replace thr bearings? If available locally? Napa can carry them if they also have heavy truck parts or specific rebuilder shops

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The thought crossed my mind but when I pulled it out I found a tag on it from one of the infamous low quality local rebuilders, so I figured dump it now before it throws Murphys law at me. I know if had done the bearings, no doubt it would have crapped out soon after. Surprised it was dated almost 2yrs sgo, usually everything that shop touches is only good for a year at best.

The thought crossed my mind but when I pulled it out I found a tag on it from one of the infamous low quality local rebuilders, so I figured dump it now before it throws Murphys law at me. I know if had done the bearings, no doubt it would have crapped out soon after. Surprised it was dated almost 2yrs sgo, usually everything that shop touches is only good for a year at best.

Makes sense.

7add33ec79958e19c8cb67ba5550353e.jpg

Windshield wipers, American racing baja wheels(15x7) matte black, general grabber at2 tires, repainted roof rack, oil change, and about to give life to some of the sun bleached plastic

Edited by Bigdaddy62

Actually yesterday but, found my chatter, it's coming from the crank pulley, but only when the ac belt is on it. It's not the idler and not coming from the compressor, definitely from the crank pulley. So since I was short on time (and it's October) I'm leaving the belt off for now. I'll dig deeper into it when time allows.

Actually yesterday but, found my chatter, it's coming from the crank pulley, but only when the ac belt is on it. It's not the idler and not coming from the compressor, definitely from the crank pulley. So since I was short on time (and it's October) I'm leaving the belt off for now. I'll dig deeper into it when time allows.

Replace that before the balancer fails and takes out your radiatior...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Wouldn't start this morning, totally dead! 13 volts at the battery. Checked fusible link connector, was full of road grime. Cleaned it out and she starts right up! Thinking about cutting out the whole fusible link section and using some heavy gauge wire with an 80a fuse so if it happens again it's just a matter of replacing the fuse instead of fiddling with wires.

Got booth valve cover gasket replaced on my Xterra 2002 VG33ER at Nissan and a used NISMO exhaust (complete with the y-pipe with a little less that 2 year of use) from a Frontier short box.

The tail pipe is right where is has to be, I was fearing that the exhaust would be a little too long.

Took them 3.5 Hours for the valve cover gasket (2.5 hours theoretical in fast) and 1.5 Hours of exhaust fitting from the cat. and welding custom hangers with the removal and reinstall the skidrow complete skid plate.... witch is not that bad!

Next step is the installation of DT headers :tongue:

Finding the source of the mega fuel lost on my 1995 Safire blue WD21, was stunned to see on the top of the fuel tank, the metal line that fuel exit to get in the rubber line completely broke off.... this is why I hate to get primed 2-3 sec. before starting to get it started the first time....

With less than 1/4 of inch of metal left, just take to bare metal everything on that area, connect the hose as best as I can and then fill the whole area with 2part urethane adhesive/filling agent for metal body panel repair.

Work awesome, resist solvents, no more leak and this is the method I used 2 year ago on my trailer queen! Even the ground who was rip off of the tank is repaired that way :lol:

Edited by Lemay

How do you like your xterra? Mine has been a bit problematic since purchase...running too rich and diluting oil with gas...

Same as yours 2002 supercharged 5 speed though.

I LED'd the dome lights on the '04. Thinking about wiring the map lights to the dome lights as well but I'm tired of making LED strip circuit boards at the moment...

20151010_200606_zpspc5yw8qq.jpg

20151010_180105_zpskwqe85fw.jpg

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

After becoming stranded on a freeway on ramp with a blown fusible link, I rewired it by installing some metal loop connectors and attached it via the tightening nut on the + terminal. Cleaned everything up with CLR and taped up any exposed wiring. Reverse safety switch fuse had blown to so new 10a fuse and she's working again.

• Like 1

Replace that before the balancer fails and takes out your radiatior...

Man, I can't thank you enough for pointing me in that direction! Upon further research and diagnosis I ordered up a new harmonic balancer. I replaced it today and not a moment too soon! The outer pulley where the 2 serpentine belts ride had begun to separate from the balancer itself and can be spun by hand while holding the inner section. Looks like I was on borrowed time, it could have let loose at any moment.

Just more proof of how valuable this forum is! It's not just ideas for cool mods, or just a place to share your common interests, but also a very valuable source of information, and it's also a collective wealth of knowledge and experience that can make you think or look in a direction you haven't thought of.

I LOVE NPORA!!!

• Like 2

Replaced blown stereo fuse which involved pulling the whole thing out because the tiny 10a fuse is on the back of the stereo and it's impossible to get my fat hand in there. Screwed everything back in then wondered why I wasn't getting any stations. Ohh, forgot to connect the aerial plug lol

*unscrews everything again*

After letting the 95 sit for the last 3 months, I charge up the battery and took for a spin. Still fun little toy. Just no time to enjoy the fruits of the labor.

Edited by Nissanland