What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Started right up. The harbor freight solar-powered charger has been a nice little safety net, works really well. Put 5 gallons gasoline in so i can get it to the gas station for fill up. Started to pressure wash all the pine needles and moss off from sitting all winter here in the wet weather conditions, i say started because the stupid thing quit working after only a 1/4 of the wash completed. Hopefully will be able to get out Sunday for agood trail run up at Elbe off road area.

AHHHHH IM GIDDY!!! Redid my timing belt today, and the first thing I noticed when I tore down to it.... 39 teeth between cam marks, and 44 between the cam sprocket and crank sprocket.... Driver side cam was a tooth off, which in turn caused the ignition timing to be off, resulting in terrible misfiring and backfiring when I let off the gas. Now runs 100x smoother, quieter, acceleration is once again linear and unforced, and most importantly.... my exhaust sounds smooth again! Just wish I had had the time to do this so much sooner..

• Like 4

Put new headlight bulbs in the '04. Been tapping on the passenger side for a week now and it finally quit for good. I put the GE Xenons in, side by side they do actually appear brighter and thankfully not blue.

Sprayed t-bar adjusting bolts with pb for the third day in a row... hopefully by Friday they will be ready to adjust..

Speaking of, calling all Colorado folks. 4th of July trail run at Slaughterhouse gulch.. meeting at noon at the gas station off of 285. Let me know if you plan on coming so that I know how many burgers to bring!

20150702_150724.jpg

Found a random small sheet of 1/4" thick aluminum and wondered how much it would take to make my own skid plate for my r50. Evidently not too much effort. Took me about an hour to construct. I was surprised how easy this was. I'm going to find some thicker metal now that I realized how easy it is. But for now it works for better than the plastic POS that I have.

• Like 1

Started the process of installing my Thorleys today. Had to cut the old y-pipe out because all the bolts were so rusted. Unbolted both exhaust manifolds. So far one broken stud, and 4 studs extracted themselves while I was unbolting everything. Hopefully no more will break when I remove the remaining studs. Picked up a set of left hand drill bits, a center punch, and a right angle attachment for my drill to take care of the one broken one. Also picked up the parts to replace the leaky swivels on my oil filter relocation kit. I'm also REALLY glad I did that body lift a few months ago, this process would have really sucked without that extra clearance.

The one place I'm stuck at is the EGR connection. Thing doesn't want to budge, and is starting to round off even after soaking in PB blaster, hammer strikes, and continued heating with a propane torch. Thinking I may have to come up with a way to either splice in a new connection, or replace the pipe section completely, as I do need it to pass emissions. Any ideas?

Edited by Harbinger

We had to heat mine with a oxy acetylene torch. Once you got it red hot and dumped water on it a few times it cracked free.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Tried heating/quenching it this morning. No dice. Thought I'd remove it from the EGR valve up top, and work on it on a bench vise. Not 30 seconds later the part of the EGR valve that connects to the tube snapped clean off. :headwall:

Have a new tube coming from alkorhail, and a bosch egr valve coming from Rockauto. Guess I didn't need my savings anyway. :/