What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Drove it to work as usual, parked it just a little outta line to be different from the rest of the people parked there as usual, and paused for a second every time I walked past the door to admire it....as usual...:)

Edited by RCAR50
  • Like 1

Took a cut off wheel and die grinder to the factory bose speaker baskets. Had to make room for the Audisons. Took as much material as I could get away with and they just barely fit. :lol:

Dragged it kicking and screaming through emissions and inspection and got it licensed last Tuesday. Today I ordered a new spare tire cover and antenna adapter so I can replace the stereo.

Installed the longer rear brake line from AC parts. Works like a champ. Also put in Fluery rear 1" spacers to give it a rake and not have the old California truck look to it. Installed front camber bolts to get it aligned.

Hooked up the A/C machine. It was over charged to 1.75lbs. Way over. At proper pressure the compressor is bouncing. Will need a new one. Recommendations?

Sent from fat fingers on S6

replaced the drivers side lift window motor. I was driving home on Friday and put the window down (one click, all the way down) and I heard a thunk and it kept running. Tried to put it up when I got to Home Depot and all I hear was the motor. crap. Calling for thunderstorms all weekend so I grabbed what I needed from the store and headed home. Pulled the motor and regulator out to take a look and saw that the rubber insert in the gear that eases the transition between the motor's worm gear and the regulator had ripped the center out and was just spinning. Of course, you can't buy just that insert so I had to find a replacement lift motor. The only one available that night was 30 miles away at an AdvanceAutoParts. Did not recognize the brand but it was my only option and it was only $40. Read 3 reviews about the holes not lining up but I'm an engineer and a little fitment issue doesn't scare me. Turns out that the plastic housing that encloses the end of the lift motor is made differently and interfered with the bracket holding the regulator. Break out the dremel. Got it all installed and decided to check it before I put the glass back in and the panel on. Hit the auto-down to get access to the bolts for the glass and the traveler ran to the top and jumped the track. Crap. Pulled it back out and managed to ease the tension on the cable enough to get the traveler back on the track. Hit the 'up' and the thing ran to the bottom. Nice... the damned connector is wired backwards. Ok, simple fix. I released the pins from the connector and swapped them. Reinstalled everything and got it back together just before the sky opened up. Then I had the pleasure of writing an online review for the window motor that was am "exact fit for my 95 pathfinder". I wonder if they will edit it before they post it, if they post it at all.

Moved it to my new property. I borrowed a buddies trailer to do this. Made it a mile from my old house me the passenger side trailer suspension literally fell apart. Made it to my new shop/house and parked it again for who knows how long.

Bubba.....

Used my parts pathys hood as a work bench to hold my tools and parts, while working on my 240sx unibody rebuild / rust repair / custom turbo setup. Just finished tearing apart the t3 turbo for a full rebuild and finished up another unibody panel to 100% rust free status. Making progress now ! Got setup to weld stainless steel now as well and built a 3/8" stainless 7 bolt t3 turbo flange from scratch as well. :)

Had it quick washed and simple interior wipe down. I still went over the interior with Vinylex. Tomorrow will finish up with the Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax to help protect the paint.

Unfortunately when I park to take the work truck. I have to park under a tree. Which has lovely birds in it. So, sometimes I have a bunch of bird poop I have to wash off, or now as mating season has been over. I am getting eggs that fell out of the nests on it. Ugh.

31's... check.

new brakes all around... check

new rust... check.

Broken alternator adjuster... still check..

Been gone for a little while guys, just got out of the hospital. Had a few broken ribs, a torn shoulder (everything in it), a broken nose and a severe concussion, with random loss of consciousness (thus the extended hospital stay)

I'll only tell the story because its pretty wild, but here goes.

About a month ago a buddy of mine turned 21, and I agreed to DD his birthday celebration at a club in Denver (oh joy). Anyways, hes a trust fund kid from California, so he has all sorts of toys, including a 450+ HP Evo X, black, murded out and all. Anyways, the weather on the way there wasn't looking too great, as we've had a lot of rain in Colorado over the last month or so. When we came back outside at around 4 am, the ground was soaked as it had dumped rain but wasn't raining anymore. The drive back to Boulder, where we live, is a straightshot down the highway, so we were cruising right around 80-85 mph when we hit a flooded part of the road, just as I was changing lanes to get off at our exit. I didn't see it until it was too late, and we began to hydroplane literally instantly. Now, I'm the president of the rally racing team at the University of Colorado, so an uncontrolled slide wasn't really all that surprising to me. What caught me off-guard was the uneven braking that his car gave me when I attempted to slow us down. With no control of the car whatsoever, we slid into those big yellow barrels they put in front of the guard rails of off-ramps, at a speed of about 65, according to the police report. I don't even remember the impact or anything from then until we arrived at the hospital, me all sorts of messed up and my buddy passed out drunk with just a cut forehead. I owe my life to the safety measures put in place by Colorado Highway Patrol and to the outstanding crash resistance of the Evo X, and to the 12-point Cusco roll cage in his car. Had we been in my Pathfinder, it is very likely that we both would have been dead, albeit also would have hit the barrier at a far slower speed. I am just grateful to be alive and to be able to learn from my experience.

Hope you all have been doing well, and that your trucks have been treating you nicely.

:blink: Yikes. Good to hear everyone made it out. Hopefully the only lasting damage is to the Evo.

Today I rolled under my '93, tried to figure out where the oil leak was coming from, and found fresh oil all down the driver's side of the engine... having just done the valve cover gaskets I'm trying to figure out what could be leaking up there that's not the head gasket. I also discovered that the front wheel bearings need doing and one of the CV boots is ripped. Still waiting on the manifold gaskets to (hopefully) get rid of the misfire. Gotta love the writeups here for making this stuff a little less intimidating!

• Like 1

:blink: Yikes. Good to hear everyone made it out. Hopefully the only lasting damage is to the Evo.

Still waiting on the manifold gaskets to (hopefully) get rid of the misfire. Gotta love the writeups here for making this stuff a little less intimidating!

Yea, I'm feeling much better now. The Evo's obviously totalled, but we managed to get the insurance company to give him all of the non-damaged engine goods

researching how much it will cost to get my pathfinder running and road worthy..

Noticed you posting around again, it's been a while right? Welcome back! So what's the state of Shelly?

Not today, but slapped a coat of wax on the Pathy mid-last week, the paints not in good condition, but any protection to help it resists mother nature will extend it a bit further. Forecast says that we will be hitting 100 this weekend and 90's starting mid week and extending at least to mid next week. That with no sign of rain in the near future, it'll need at the help it can get.

Dropped the pin from a broken shifter bushing into the transmission :( Its still in there. And discovered a loose flywheel bolt was the reason for my clutch sticking....
988572_890813254325265_3421793745795178011046506_890995004307090_739258941149935

Noticed you posting around again, it's been a while right? Welcome back! So what's the state of Shelly?

Not today, but slapped a coat of wax on the Pathy mid-last week, the paints not in good condition, but any protection to help it resists mother nature will extend it a bit further. Forecast says that we will be hitting 100 this weekend and 90's starting mid week and extending at least to mid next week. That with no sign of rain in the near future, it'll need at the help it can get.

Yeah, it's been a while. Shelly's been collecting a nice thick layer of dust and some rust. Needs a short but costly list of things. frame pull, new transmission, suspension rebuild, brake rebuild, and body repair. I hope my gas tank is still holding up After sitting so long. I'm also hoping the motor I rebuilt works and doesn't explode at first start-up.

Good to hear the insurance isn't jerking him around too bad.

I got my cheesy stamped Victor Reinz intake gaskets out of the 93 and some Fel-Pros in and the misfire is gone. :dance:

Then went to move the bugger, forgot I'd parked the '95 so close, and made a little more work for myself... :doh: