What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

threw the trailer receiver in the back end after the mounting brackets finally rusted through and the damned thing fell off while my son was driving.

:rofl: i laugh because I can picture it from past experiences with other trucks

:rofl: i laugh because I can picture it from past experiences with other trucks

just glad I wasn't hauling the logsplitter that I was supposed to pickup that afternoon. I never buy the optional damage waiver unless I plan to beat the sh|t out of the thing

I agree it could have been catastrophic, fortunately it wasn't. I know the think of a hitch hitting the ground and how it can make someone jump though (the one on the 4Runner came apart-though not the frame falling apart). A wood chipper and a hasty hook up caused a tragedy locally a few years ago, I realize reality of it is it ain't a joking matter

I agree it could have been catastrophic, fortunately it wasn't. I know the think of a hitch hitting the ground and how it can make someone jump though (the one on the 4Runner came apart-though not the frame falling apart). A wood chipper and a hasty hook up caused a tragedy locally a few years ago, I realize reality of it is it ain't a joking matter

I never really told anyone this but I did have the hitch come off on my old pathy. It took the rear bumper with it...Thankfully I was just pulling a hay wagon on my friend's farm. But It could have been much worse. The frame wasn't really rotten back there but the bolt heads pried their way out of the frame, I guess after pulling so many people out with the hitch lol. I just welded it on afterwards :lol: .

WooHoo! Got my alignment done. Whoopie, you say, that's no big deal. Well where I am it is. With 2.5" suspension lift and a Calmini steering system, finding someone in Columbia Md is nigh impossible. I finally checked out a shop in Glen Burnie Md and they nailed it! Even got the steering wheel straight. I am totally stoked! Time to head up to Rauche Creek and bend something :)

Piscator

• Like 1

"and bend something" :lol:

Actually no surprise at all, people have reported that lots of shops have a hard time getting a lifted WD's alignment right. It's one of the reasons a lot of people do driveway alignments themselves.

Firestone has been good for me, and I bought the Forever Alignment years ago :aok:

Firestone alignment for all three vehicles as well, happy so far.

New tires yesterday, removed flares and cleaned it up a bit. 93' 5spd, 4x4. XE-V6

32vEGQ1.jpg

Nice, I had one that looked like that! :aok:

I never really told anyone this but I did have the hitch come off on my old pathy. It took the rear bumper with it...Thankfully I was just pulling a hay wagon on my friend's farm. But It could have been much worse. The frame wasn't really rotten back there but the bolt heads pried their way out of the frame, I guess after pulling so many people out with the hitch lol. I just welded it on afterwards :lol: .

I think you posted some videos of it, and said something about the rear frame issues?

B

Oh, I fired up Little Stomper, ran him enough to recharge the battery, put air in the tires and reparked it avoid flat spots. Got to clean out the garage so I can finish some work...

Edited by Precise1

Pulled the plenum off and fixed the fuel leak on my '88. Also fixed the floppy door panel with a couple of black screws...

Going to take it camping tomorrow and toutle around.

Licensed it. Drove to Dr appointment, pulled out the driving lights to install the nissan brush guard and low and behold the job is 2 brackets short, the member I bought it from said. .... it was completely intact and all braces/brackets came with, well as you can tell it's the chance you take when you buy unseen. ..back 2 the drawing board lol.

Installed the adapter and harness to install a new style Siriusxm antenna to the factory one.

Works awesome! Sounds much clearer and not so foggy.

Considering that the PO dynomated the rear of the 04 I wonder if he also replaced the speakers? Sounds 1000x better than my 99. Even though the amp in the rear is same part number.

Sent from fat fingers on S6

Went spelunking to a couple wrecking yards in Alabama, and found the extremely elusive sunroof glass storage bag! :jig:

By the looks of it, it had been folded up under the back seat and forgotten about for 28 years. Best of all, since there isn't a "Sunroof Storage Bag" on their pricelist, I got it for $2.50 (plus tax)! :D

NP-SunRoofBag.png

• Like 1

What's that bag for? Storing the sunroof glass?!

Exactly - sunroofs on the WD21s are removable, and this provides some (minimal) protection when you take it out.

• Like 1

picked up a badlands 12.000 lb winch at harbor frieght on sale for $299.00, if it only gets me unstuck once out in the desert

it's paid for itself

Are you going to use it to pull yourself in deeper or to pull yourself back out?

Took it to the beach yesterday. Nice trip, weather held up pretty well. I saw an XJ that was stuck up in the soft stuff so I gave him a pull. He lost his 4wd due to an air leak. He stuck his head out the window and got sprayed with my roost, it was pretty funny lol.

20150524_130828_zpsp1mjntym.jpg

Well, not today, but yesterday we went and played!!!!

20150524_154933_zpsca3855eb.jpg

I did loose my maxima swapped alternator right after that shot, but the parts house warrantied it and I swapped it out after leaving the trail.

• Like 2