What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Started to come up with a design for my rear shelving/sub box/water tap/storage setup for the back of my path.

Going to try and integrate it all together to make functional storage setup in the rear while still leaving the center of the truck open for sleeping. Even going to mount a 12v coffee maker and use a sure Flo pump setup to a tap at the back with on board water storage. :) big plans... but first I must build the structure

• Like 1

What rust converter product did you use?

I used Plasti-Kote brand that I picked it up from Amazon. Added it to another order to get free shipping. :)

It did take quite a while to cure, though - at least 4 hours (not the 1 hour that it said on the bottle). I waited overnight before applying the bed liner just to be safe

Fired her up for the first time in a year, cranked first time. She got a new timing belt, water pump, belts, full tune. Then a good wash, cut all new mats out of commercial walk off mat material. Very happy she's running again!'

• Like 1

Fired her up for the first time in a year, cranked first time. She got a new timing belt, water pump, belts, full tune. Then a good wash, cut all new mats out of commercial walk off mat material. Very happy she's running again!'

Same here! Timing belt all the way down is golden! Come on 250k miles....lol Edited by GreenMachine96

Swapped out the leaky washer pump and put the summer wheels back on. Nice to be able to trust the speedo again. I discovered by following a friend's rig that my snow tires make 60 read as 70 on my speedo. I expected a change with the smaller tires, but that much change surprised me.

Mount will ground itself if you have it screwed into metal, however you will find that the c.b. will have a much better swr reading and stronger signal if you do ground the mount. What kinda c.b. do you run? Myself run a galaxy dx959 with standard and upper/lower side band's for a total of 120 channels.

Mount will ground itself if you have it screwed into metal, however you will find that the c.b. will have a much better swr reading and stronger signal if you do ground the mount. What kinda c.b. do you run? Myself run a galaxy dx959 with standard and upper/lower side band's for a total of 120 channels.

My wife picked me up a Cobra19 ultra 3 from walmart For xmas last year. I wanted something compact that would fit in my center console. Taking the cb to a shop to "P&T" it. Thanks I will ground the mount tonight.

My wife picked me up a Cobra19 ultra 3 from walmart For xmas last year. I wanted something compact that would fit in my center console. Taking the cb to a shop to "P&T" it. Thanks I will ground the mount tonight.

welcome. My first c.b. radio as a truck driver was a cobra 19. Great little work horse. Good idea to get it p/t will get better performance. Just a FYI that radio has smaller crystals than most, might be able to get a few extra watts. Probably get 6-8 whereas a bigger one you could get upwards of 20 watts. Hope you have fun with it. Being up in the mountains you can get some fun skipping action on clear nights. I was talking to a guy in California while I was on top of Loveland pass in colordo last week 11000 ft level.

Edited by Nissanland

welcome. My first c.b. radio as a truck driver was a cobra 19. Great little work horse. Good idea to get it p/t will get better performance. Just a FYI that radio has smaller crystals than most, might be able to get a few extra watts. Probably get 6-8 whereas a bigger one you could get upwards of 20 watts. Hope you have fun with it. Being up in the mountains you can get some fun skipping action on clear nights. I was talking to a guy in California while I was on top of Loveland pass in colordo last week 11000 ft level.

Thats awesome that your range is that far. Im a beginner when it comes to radios. So hopefully this we be a great starter radio. Eventually Ill graduate to something more when the time comes. 6-8watts would be the max huh. They guy doing said 10-12. How can I be sure?

Thats awesome that your range is that far. Im a beginner when it comes to radios. So hopefully this we be a great starter radio. Eventually Ill graduate to something more when the time comes. 6-8watts would be the max huh. They guy doing said 10-12. How can I be sure?

wow if he can get that much he maybe upgrading the crystal or power module. Just ask to see it on the meter along with the swr reading. Lower the number the better for swr 0-2 at max.

wow if he can get that much he maybe upgrading the crystal or power module. Just ask to see it on the meter along with the swr reading. Lower the number the better for swr 0-2 at max.

Yea, thats what he told me. Ill be sure to check before hand.