What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

My alt figured it would die on me today. I managed to get to the parts store before the battery completely died. I replaced the battery also.

I'm glad these are pretty easy to work on. I changed the alt out in the dark. I did have a drop light though.

The way I look at it, I own the vehicle, so no payment.

Edited by RF600

Strange new mystery. My E-brake light stays on no matter what, but when the E-brake is actually pulled, the light gets marginally brighter. Any ideas? I checked what I think were all of the connections with an ohm-meter and no issues

Make sure your interlock switch is in the off position. :shrug:

CO, check your brake fluid level. My BRAKE light and one other light (battery?) came on a couple times when my brake master was leaking. More brake fluid made the lights go away until the fluid leaked back out again. Doesn't sound like you've got both lights on, but it wouldn't hurt to rule out.

Cursed my lights. There has become a delay when i put lights on. Sometimes several minutes. Hi beam works instantly but low has this odd delay..

Take a look at this, for me the problem started with a delay when I was turning high beam on. That was the solution: #4193

Philippe.

Hung a new alternator today. It's been a nightmare. First off the front bolt broke off so I had to drill it to use a reverser. After an eternity of drilling I stuck the reverser in and tried to extract the bolt. The reverser broke inside the pilot hole. Grrrrrr. Had to grind that smooth and drill that out to get the hole back that I stared with. Lol. Managed to drill out the front bolt hole and then drilled the tread out of the rear bolt hole so I could use one long through bolt like it should be. Now I can't find my fan pully. Been a crazy evening.

Take a look at this, for me the problem started with a delay when I was turning high beam on. That was the solution: #4193

Philippe.

THANKS!

I was just appealing here... -i should have asked about problem on another topic. -But it's solved now. Thanks you, this is a great forum

Strange new mystery. My E-brake light stays on no matter what, but when the E-brake is actually pulled, the light gets marginally brighter. Any ideas? I checked what I think were all of the connections with an ohm-meter and no issues

Couple of weeks ago my ebrake light was coming on, then going out. Then a few days later the ABS light joined in and they stayed on. Checked the fluid and it was above the MIN line but added some, problem solved. Where did the fluid go? I guess if it is not just worn pads I will find that out too...

Built a switch panel that deletes the ash tray today. Built it out of some scrap aluminum, think it was 10 gauge, but might be 12. Need to wire up the switches still, and find reasons to fill the other three spots!

10489733_10206032279630424_1175675042286

Edited by Harbinger

Just finished replacing the fuel lines/hoses that burnt from the heat & fumes from the hole in the header. Still not going to drive Pathy until headers are replaced. Don't need it going up in flames AGAIN. Hope to order OBX stainless headers in a week or two.

• Like 1

Just finished installing my HID conversion on the WD21. Low and high beam are working and now I just need to aim them properly :) So much better ! Now the headlights are powered through a relay and converted to HID with proper conversion housings. Never will I complain about my trucks lighting again. :)

I hate HID's. I don't see how they are any better, the color of the light makes it impossible for me to see in the rain (having driven several vehicles with factory and aftermarket setups).

• Like 1

I run 4300k hid colour, which is the only factory and legal colour and has the best visibility of any of the headlight options per lumen. I personally love them and I can see FAR better than I could before with the combination of new housings and the conversion.

Even in the dense fog in the coastal town I live in, I can see better. There are a LOT of wild animals around here including elk and deer, which frequent the highways, which are 120 kmh. Trust me, you need to see as clearly as possible out here. No street lamps on most roads just reflectors. I live in the boonies haha

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1

I finally had a nice "warm" day to install my daytime running light module from Canadian Tire. 90minutes and everything is tied down, wired and working like a charm. Monday will be soldering the connections and weather resistant heat shrink tubing.

Notes for anyone else running an early wagon: R.h low beam is RED/BLACK wire; the L.h low is RED/GREEN!

Went out and cranked up a tiny bit and leveled out my two front torsion bars. One side was a bit higher than the other and it was driving me crazy... now I just need to set the camber and toe in the front end and aim my head lights. The new rig is really getting there now :)

Saturday I had the truck aligned. Yay for lifetime alignments at Firestone!

Today I changed the oil/filter, spark plugs, wires, and the distributor cap and rotor. Put in NGK G Powers & some AC Delco 7mm wires, while the distributor parts were Bosch.

I'm really glad I found a set of OEM spark plug tools @ the junk yard a few months back, they made the #6 cylinder into an easier job than I expected.

Also wired up my new switch panel. Now the Hella 500's are relayed off of the high beams, and I have the wiring keyed off of the low beams for when I get my fog lights.

Edited by Harbinger

Well. Apparently I am not as good an electrician as I thought. The path will not start now that I have installed the daytime running light module. I drove it to work, had interior lights and dash lights but not enough electricity to start the truck. A boost did nothing other than sparks at the negative of the battery. Cold,tired, and dark means I am going to be having words with Ernest tomorrow when I take the 2 buses, 2 subways and a taxi to get back to work a few hours late.