What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Yeah sure I'll take a couple tomorrow. Right now I have the 4 " trailmaster suspension lift front and back, as well as about 2 inches of torsion bar crank. Still have to get my jgc springs in the back to level it out, but at least now I don't rub. So far it's about 6" front suspension lift, I'll probably crank it another half inch or so and call it a day since my jgc springs lift the rear that much.

Got my new headlight housings in the mail today and I just had to install them! They take the same H3 9004 bulb but are the more modern style of housing with clear lens and reflector caps inside to control the cut off line properly. Now I can finally install this HID kit that I've been holding on to for ages and feel good that I will have converted to hid the proper way!

quote name="CDN_S4" post="744044" timestamp="1420312177"]

Got it stuck. Am stuck as I'm writing this lol.

This guy needs a locker!!

b64c8640b88bf882fa317afac0a52ec5.jpg

No factory rear lsd? I only ever got stuck when I had the open rear diff. Now that I swapped in the factory rear locker I haven't been stuck even once!

Edited by Nefarious

Yarg!! Doesn't look too stuck ;)

Put mine in the garage for the first time ever. Tonight will be his first night inside of a garage since I bought him. The outdoor parking spot gets 6 foot drifts and the winds and snow tonight are expected to hit 30 mph, so I figured I'd beg the parents as long as I'm on break to let me spare him any extra rust!

Yeah wouldn't have been a problem if the other side wasn't sitting on ice. TbH I don't know what's in it for slip diff, I guess factory whatever that is. But wheels on ice just spun with nothing I grip obviously.

5fb36a6862347f8eecd54d8e3a6cba17.jpg

8225d24386c0dbfec44e8564b6773bc8.jpg

3b16142d91cf8b21a2d86a87128fd3bd.jpg

6e063a5e0f9028fc309299a177ccb540.jpg

quote name="CDN_S4" post="744044" timestamp="1420312177"]

No factory rear lsd? I only ever got stuck when I had the open rear diff. Now that I swapped in the factory rear locker I haven't been stuck even once!

How much did that swap set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Cost me 50 bucks :). Just found a part out pathfinder and went and pulled the entire rear axle for 50 bucks. I swapped to rear disc brakes at the same time as the rear lsd. Best 50 bucks I've ever put into my truck! I drive a 92 model so I'm not sure if you can get rear disc brakes for your truck too but I know they definitely had a locking clutch type lsd diff as an option on the r50 as well. On the wd21 rigs there's usually an orange sticker on the pumpkin that says lsd. Or you could jack up the rear wheels and spin one side by hand and watch the other side. If the wheels spin in opposite directions, it's open diff, if they spin the same direction, it's lsd.

Yeah, put it in neutral and spin the rear wheel on one side and watch the other side. U can jack it up from the center of the pumpkin that's the easiest way. Then u can just jack it up an inch or two to get it up off the ground

Yesterday I installed LED interior lamps and ran the wiring/installed 2 amplifiers to power my speakers in my truck. (Only have 2 small 2 channel amps, need to replace them with a 4 channel amp), but I got tunes in the new rig now and they are loud!

Installed rear view camera. It's meant to hang upside down under the trunk lid handle but since I mounted mine on the roof rack it's "upside down". The screen can be flipped but the guide lines always stay so they will just be upside down. They won't be accurate anyways from up there but at least now I can see again since the tire blocks my rear view window almost entirely.

57121cff9e634f942e46b0b03b266f3d.jpg

I finally got around to putting on the 2" body lift. Made brackets for the ebrake cables and drive shaft safety loop. I put longer hoses on the power steering reservoir rather than drilling new holes. I have to have new hoses crimped for my remote oil filter mount. I installed the rear gap guards but not the front. I'm probably going to cut the front guards down and use the factory holes for mounting.

Yeah, put it in neutral and spin the rear wheel on one side and watch the other side. U can jack it up from the center of the pumpkin that's the easiest way. Then u can just jack it up an inch or two to get it up off the ground

Did this and both spin in the same direction. Does that mean I have factory LSD?

Yeah if they spin the same direction then you most likely have factory lsd. I've read that the lsd in the r50 is much weaker locking torque than the one in the wd21 so that may be why it isn't as effective. Did you try to apply the e brake at the same time as revving the engine? Applying some load to both rear wheels by the e brake will help the locker engage and get the other wheel spinning.

No I don't try that, didn't actually know that. But good to know! However as I was sitting on ice on one side I don't think any amount of locking would have done anything but dig a deeper hole. Thanks for the tip, will try that out next time I get stuck lol

Saturday I grabbed the fire extinguisher out of the rear of the Pathy & put the fire out roaring out of the front passengers side. Fuel line/hose got melted by the header & fuel was gushing down onto the header. Time to get new headers, hoses, & double check the brake lines & whatever else is in the area. Can't win for losing right now.

• Like 1

Saturday I grabbed the fire extinguisher out of the rear of the Pathy & put the fire out roaring out of the front passengers side. Fuel line/hose got melted by the header & fuel was gushing down onto the header. Time to get new headers, hoses, & double check the brake lines & whatever else is in the area. Can't win for losing right now.

every cold morning when I smell gas, I wonder if/when something like this will happen to me. One of these days I'll have to replace that damned little hose between the fuel rails. Glad (and assuming) you weren't hurt in the incident.

• Like 2

Washed him up (4 hand washes and a pair of autos), shining like he's fresh off of the factory line. Damn car wash stole the "Pathfinder" strip off the back though!!!

Guy at the parts store was like "damn, that thing looks like its got a fresh coat of paint!" :laugh: Unfortunately, I know that sheen won't last long. :/

Was pricing around for O2 sensors, and everywhere was quoting me at like $85, but I swore a member here said I could get one for like $30 shipped. Anyone?

And I know you all hate on the cheap plugs, wires, caps and rotors, but the dude at AutoZone said I could get all that for $100 and that its guaranteed for life and to not to decrease gas mileage. So why not :shrug: I'm going back tomorrow after I change my oil to get the stuff. That only leaves ALL of my other fluids to change, brake job, new suspension all around, redo my timing belt, and a vacuum and I'll be set. Should be easy and cheap, right? ;)

Oh yea, one more thing, thought you guys might enjoy this. These first two picture were taken after a very cold, very wet, and very foggy drive to a ski resort. I think its one of the coolest ice formations I've ever seen.

219b41z.jpgjtw3u8.jpg

This last picture is to show you what a clean (W)D21 looks like compared to a dirty one. Wash your trucks people!

157jcq8.jpg

Got my replacement O2 sensor for 38 bux at autozone. its Bosch i think and its the kind you splice in instead of just plug in. Have to cut original wires and reconnect them to the new sensor.

Pat