What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

^^ more pictures please, side profile?! Looks tough!

Changed the oil today and lubed up the windows with silicone. Makes a very noticeable difference! They became very slow on their way up.

Slow? Did you use silicone sealant? :unsure:

Started it, ran it for 1/2 an hour with the doors open, heater/AC on and moved it back and forth a few times.

Harder than it sounded as the battery was @ 4.8 volts and my trickle charger would just tap out. Had to jumper it with a spare battery and then hook up the trickle charger to that until I had enough to crank.

Fired on the 4th rotation... :aok:

B

Yeah the windows were really dragging their a** up and down. I thought the motor was burning out but a quick search revealed that this is a common issue and has been solved by spraying silicone lubricant into the window rails. Worked for me.

imagejpg1_zps2c117f3d.jpg

I trimmed the front of the front plastic trim around the fenders so it won't rub the 32's. Looks like I'll need to trim some metal at the bottom back side of front wheel well next. Made appointment to replace water pump ,timing belt,and thermostat on Tuesday due to leaky water pump. Can't wait to take it out on the trails.

Yeah the windows were really dragging their a** up and down. I thought the motor was burning out but a quick search revealed that this is a common issue and has been solved by spraying silicone lubricant into the window rails. Worked for me.

Sorry, the way I read this made it sound like they got slower once you applied the silicone...

Makes a very noticeable difference! They became very slow on their way up.

Yes, the silicone lubricant can do wonders to help them slide, it is the standard 'fix'.

Today i put my valve covers,intake,oil pan,new pick up tube,and rear main.

IMAG0263_zpspp4jlzf0.jpgIMAG0266_zpsvixumsoc.jpg

Very pretty! I hope it runs as well as it looks... ;)

Did you put in VG30 or aftermarket cams as well?

B

Changed out the oil for 5w-40 synthetic. After starting it I realized the alarm I installed auto locks the doors when the ignition is turned on and unlocks them when it's shut off. Not cool at all!

• Like 1

I hate anything auto lock. I don't care what it is. I'm going to try disconnecting the ignition switched 12v and see if it does anything weird. I know it will disable that part but I'm not sure whatever else will go a long with it.

The new black 92 is now officially on the road as my full time daily driver. Feels good to be driving a pathy again!

Now I can take the time to fully rebuild the chassis and get the s13 ready for 12 lbs of boost. :)

Installed ultra low profile bump stops up front, cranked up the torsion bars about 2 inches. Truck rides way better now and doesn't rub the 33s anymore. Still going to clearance a bit more though so I don't mess anything wheeling.

Also re tapped my o2 sensor bung since it was trying to eat the threads of my new o2 sensor. No more running rich!