What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hadn't thought of that. Actually, my goal is to rhino-line the body. I was actually thinking of pulling that strip off and seeing what the body looks like underneath.

Bubba.....

I've had two Pathfinders and I always blackout the Nissan and Pathfinder stuff.. It keeps people guessing where the back door handles are.

Edited by kdj
  • Like 1

At one point I actually had the goofy a$$ idea of building half doors for it like a jeep cj. That idea still pops into the old redneck noggin now and again.

Bubba.....

Did the maxima alternator upgrade today. Definitely an easy project if anyone is thinking about doing it. I just had to swap over the pulley and trim the fan spacer from my stock alternator. After that, it bolts right in. :happy: Also, scored an extra lego wheel at pull-a-part this morning

I did this /

Installed the bumper I built.

Bubba.....

Looks good. What did you end up doing to fill in the gap between the top of the bumper and the body?

Today, I changed the drivers side CV axle. I'm getting better at it! Took around 2 hours. Then I pulled her out of my buddies shop, and drove her home. Pretty big deal when I haven't driven the poor thing in 2.5 years.

Ever considered dipping the black "Nissan" strip silver? Or the letters? I've seen a couple of trucks around that have, and it looks awesome

I honestly love the fact my hatch black plastic strip is shaved off completely.

I wenr out and fired him up for a couple minutes when I got home from work.

Looks good. What did you end up doing to fill in the gap between the top of the bumper and the body?

Today, I changed the drivers side CV axle. I'm getting better at it! Took around 2 hours. Then I pulled her out of my buddies shop, and drove her home. Pretty big deal when I haven't driven the poor thing in 2.5 years.

Well. Shaved 2" off of the mounting brackets, that put it about 1/4-3/8 off of the center of the body and around 3/4 off on each end. I can live with that. Pretty reminiscent of the old cowboy step bumpers as far as shape goes.

Bubba.....

I've had two Pathfinders and I always blackout the Nissan and Pathfinder stuff.. It keeps people guessing where the back door handles are.

I actually had a guy open the driver's door, flip the seat forward, and attempt to crawl past it. :lol: In his defense, it was dark out.

Then I pulled her out of my buddies shop, and drove her home. Pretty big deal when I haven't driven the poor thing in 2.5 years.

Must be nice to finally have it back on the road!

What brand and what does it do?

KJ

Schumacher picked it up on sale. They maintain the charge level of a battery over extended periods of time or through cold weather. They can also recharge low (not dead) batteries.

EDIT: A little over $22 when I bought it and many good reviews, figured I'd give it a shot :aok:

Some reviewers say that it draws power from the battery when not plugged in, if this is the case I will install a quick disconnect, a switch or something, not a big deal.

Edited by RedPath88
  • Like 1

Finally got around to pulling the rusty brake booster and replacing it with a much cleaner and newer one that I restored. Now just to install the brake master cylinder and bleed the system with new fluid and she is pretty much done

Started installing the alarm I bought for it. About the only good spot to mount the module with the length of wiring I have is on the transmission tunnel under the stereo tucked away. I wanted to mount it in the kick panel under you rear speaker but not enough wire. :(

I actually had a guy open the driver's door, flip the seat forward, and attempt to crawl past it. :lol: In his defense, it was dark out.

4 doors DO have 2 door envy, that's why they have front seat bracketry/mechanisims and hide their rear handles!
  • Like 1

What happened to Slart happened to me with my old pathy after having it for 6 years. I was at a party and a friend's drunk girlfriend was trying to wedge herself between the front drivers seat and the door opening. Hilarious, it was.