What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Replaced the driver side exterior door handle that broke off when we had a cold snap. "rock auto 12 bones plus shipping" bout 30 to 45mins worth of work depending on the tools you have.

Pat

Decided to start in on a rear bumper. 7f7d8beb4b377bfd2bea965bd2a0b02f.jpg

Removed the factory bumper cover. And support brackets which will for sure eliminate some rear wheel rub at flex. Still have some trimming and hammering to do on the body.

ef6d3492f89a27aced98c852e9e0df00.jpg

Plan on getting rid of the factory bolt on hitch receiver and incorporating a new one higher and tighter to the trunk.

Made a pilgrimage to the parts store junk yard. Didn't find what i was looking for, but I did manage to get a good pair of headlight lenses and a sunroof for my spares collection.

Did some work on removing my old busted turbo, played "find the broken EGT probe." Still have to fit the new turbo and re-install the intercooler.
Also took the time whilst everything was easy to access to remove the EGR and fit blanking plates.

Hit around the edge of the door with my fist to break the ice so I could open it. Also discovered that the little sliding nuts in the roof rack bars have plastic springy bits underneath them, and that if you thread in a stud and thump it to break the ice, the springy bits go all to pieces. Oh well, at least I didn't snap the door handle this time.

Today i was sooo lucky :)

I met one previous owner and he told me who has my missing wheel carrier. I called him and he promised it to me free. Now i just have to pick it up some day!

• Like 1

Some pics of the Turbo removal / change thus far:

2014-11-30184550_zps72607fc8.jpg?t=14173

2014-11-30161529_zps65c4b95e.jpg?t=14173

2014-11-30160541_zps08975f8a.jpg?t=14172

Turns out the EGT probe end that had snapped off was jammed in-between the blades so actually hadn't broken them. Still worth changing over the turbo though methinks (considering I have a spare one here now)

• Like 1

damned near ran off the road when my radio decided to temporarily work while I was driving this morning. My son had turned the volume knob up quite high trying to get it to work last time he drove it.

• Like 2

damned near ran off the road when my radio decided to temporarily work while I was driving this morning. My son had turned the volume knob up quite high trying to get it to work last time he drove it.

My front speakers kick in about once a month to scare the crap out of me. My old Pathfinder ('98) only went to volume 11 the new one ('03) goes to 31. That'll wake you up in the morning.

• Like 1

Just got the front of the engine back together. Just need to torque the crank bolt and put the belts/fan/rad/rad hose on!

Then the restored brake booster and rebuilt brake master cylinder go in and she is done! Can't wait to get this truck on the road for winter...

Technically December 21st is the first day of winter. :P

Still haven't had any snow where I'm at, although it has been getting down to -13 or so some nights.

As long as I get it finished before the snow hits, I'll be laughing... my lowered 240sx is not ideal in snowy conditions haha.

Edited by Nefarious