What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Started the bull bar. Got it put together. Next month home I'll be hoping to get it installed. Never enough time to get a whole job done in 3 days a month. Sometimes I hate being a truck driver. I'm jealous of you guys who get all the time to work on your toys. So far yet so far to go to get it where I want it...????

Today, figured out the wiring for the power mirror swap I will be doing, hooked the mirrors and switch up to my power supply and tested everything, all good to go, just need to pick up some 3 conductor wire.

Started the bull bar. Got it put together. Next month home I'll be hoping to get it installed. Never enough time to get a whole job done in 3 days a month. Sometimes I hate being a truck driver. I'm jealous of you guys who get all the time to work on your toys. So far yet so far to go to get it where I want it...????

OT LOL My son drives comercial and has been trying for 4 years to get his 65 El Camino back together.

He only needs about 3 days of solid work to get it on the road

End of the EGT probe snapped off and went through my Turbo last night :headwall:

BUT I have sourced another Turbo from a local guy and it even comes with a spare head with half the milage on it than my current so that's kind of a win, busy days leading up to the weekend though, gonna start taking everything apart tonight. A sad day for Te Rino, (now if only I can win TOTM, that will at least bring me some joy) :)

Finally finished painting the last pieces I stripped for the timing job. Will have it back together and running on the weekend. Can't wait to get this truck back on the road with all the issues fixed! Miss driving a pathy...

Finally finished painting the last pieces I stripped for the timing job. Will have it back together and running on the weekend. Can't wait to get this truck back on the road with all the issues fixed! Miss driving a pathy...

We like to see pics too and I want to know if it is more colorful than mine... :tongue:

Today I was entering Port Of Spain and of course there was a traffic jam... instead of getting aggravated, I was thinking to all these great guys fixing great cars on NPORA when I noticed that, I wanted to share it here. Philippe.

P1010004_zpse3c20426.jpg

We like to see pics too and I want to know if it is more colorful than mine... :tongue:

haha well I just repainted all the parts black again and stripped the parts that were steel and used to be coated (and we're just rusty) with black as well (coolant pipes etc). I also polished and shined up some of the aluminum parts as well. I figure I'll start a build thread for my new truck in the members rides section. I'll get some pics tomorrow and post up a new thread!

haha well I just repainted all the parts black again and stripped the parts that were steel and used to be coated (and we're just rusty) with black as well (coolant pipes etc). I also polished and shined up some of the aluminum parts as well. I figure I'll start a build thread for my new truck in the members rides section. I'll get some pics tomorrow and post up a new thread!

Black and silver... Hummmmm... Pics!! :lol:

I'll follow your thread, seem to be very interesting. Thanks.

Philippe.

OT LOL My son drives comercial and has been trying for 4 years to get his 65 El Camino back together.

He only needs about 3 days of solid work to get it on the

road

So I'm not alone. LoL. I really like to drive, just wish I could have my cake and eat it too. ???? happy turkey day

Changed oil and filter this morning. First time since I installed the Thorley headers. Seemed like the filter was easier to get to and thread back on because you can actually see where the filter goes. Also was pretty easy wrapping the starter with foil to keep it from getting saturated. Was 8K miles since last change (oops!) but oil was still fairly clear and amber. I am amazed at how clean this motor runs. 40 bucks for a 5 qt. bottle of Mobil 1? Yikes! The left over from the 2 last bottles will change the bike though....

Found an annoying squeak that came from the grill missing a few screws on the bottom. It was driving me nuts! Wonder why they were done, *ahem*, Kyle...

Then fixed a bad solder joint inside the ECU that was causing the engine to die when I hit a bump just right. Luckily when I closed the hood it died so I got the clue and tapped on the side of the ECU. Easy fix.

Vacuumed it out too. Had a few pine needles on the carpet driving me nuts.

• Like 1

Thanks to my relatives, who just yesterday found out that I had a new car, I might now have enough money for a brake overhaul on my truck. New pads and rotors for the front, new pads and adjustment hardware for the rear, and possibly even upgraded calipers for the front. The next step after that will be to replace the struts to hopefully stop front end dive under breaking.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had the opportunity to eat a lot of food.

Awesome. Family can really be a bail out at times! Struts? I think not. You may mean the torsion bars? Or shocks? Shocks are cheap so no biggie. I have a pair of stock torsion bars (they are just fine)from when I bought the Sway-A-Ways. If you want them I could package them up and you just pay for the shipping.

Went big today! Black Friday @ 4WheelParts.569e1258321e8de2c737f66fbbe6363b.jpg

Viair portable (for now) list price 299$ got it out the door 265$. No more trying to find a gas station after the trail. On board tank next.

Awesome. Family can really be a bail out at times! Struts? I think not. You may mean the torsion bars? Or shocks? Shocks are cheap so no biggie. I have a pair of stock torsion bars (they are just fine)from when I bought the Sway-A-Ways. If you want them I could package them up and you just pay for the shipping.

Totally meant shocks haha.