What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Made a charcoal finger drawing by rubbing my fingers on the inside of my very charred tailpipe :stickwack:

Was it a Buffalo? Was it inside a cave? Did the cavemen own a Pathfinder that was running rich for some reason and create art?

Edited by kdj

Pulled the camshaft and crankshaft seals... 350k km on engine and I think they were original, rubber had turned into hard plastic consistency and it took me 2 hours and much cursing with all the right tools to get the 3 seals out. I've done this job a few times before on my other rigs and never had any issues, but this one I will remember. Good thing this new trucks body and frame are so mint cause that engine was seriously neglected! I am bringing it back up to snuff though... the leaks in the brake system and the front of the engine are just about fixed.

Edited by Nefarious

Pull plug wires off the distributor one at a time until you find one that doesn't make a difference.

Oh I know, just not doing it right now because my cat is already destroyed, and I actually am in fact running rich, as per the ECU. O2 is probably stuck and needs to be replaced because Mode 1 showed no problems, but Mode 2 was showing >5% rich. Will find out the week of Christmas when I have time off from school. Until then, stumble stumble burn burn :)

Today I:

Finished installing and torquing my bell housing bolts.

Got the last two bolts in the transmission cross member.

Installed my starter. Didn't get to hook up the electrical yet though.

Also drained the rad to replace both hoses. Started filling it back up, and realized I have a hole in my rad, pissing all over the inside of my engine bay. The guy letting me use his shop said he can solder it shut, but I dunno. Either way I have to pull it.

Also noticed some oil leaks that I need to chase down. It really was one of those days!

Replaced the front cam and crank seals. Installed a new waterpump. Pulled the thermostat housing and coolant sensor housings to clean and paint. Just about ready to reinstall the timing! Stoked to get this truck on the road for winter.

Got new a new exhaust installed - everything behind the cat.

I had them re-route the tailpipe so it's going straight out the back instead of the side - and put on a chrome finisher.

Ground down, sanded and painted a bunch more parts that I pulled to do the timing belt (balance tube, thermostat housing, etc).

Then I rolled and pulled the fenders on my 240sx... hopefully no more rubbing when my hatch is loaded full of tools for work!

240's with rolled fenders... :fireworx:

haha. Well at least now it shouldn't rub ! I'm running 2" fender flares on it and the wheels just poke out the slightest bit. Maybe 1/4" so it's pretty wide now eith the new wheel setup!

Ground down, sanded and painted a bunch more parts that I pulled to do the timing belt (balance tube, thermostat housing, etc).

Then I rolled and pulled the fenders on my 240sx... hopefully no more rubbing when my hatch is loaded full of tools for work!

Have you ever tried electrolitic rust removale.?

Edited by kdj
  • Like 1

haha. Well at least now it shouldn't rub ! I'm running 2" fender flares on it and the wheels just poke out the slightest bit. Maybe 1/4" so it's pretty wide now eith the new wheel setup!

overarches or actual flares? My buddy has a 240, running like -8 camber and a 3inch offset to fit his Fonde rims. Fitment is beautiful

Have you ever tried electrolitic rust removale.?

no I have not! Never even heard of it.. is it some kind of spray or solvent, or is it an actual machine/process?

I like to restore pretty much any piece that I pull for repairs so maybe I'll look into that. If it's easier than a nylon flapper wheel then I will be a happy man! Lol

edit: oh man... just googled it... i am definitely going to try that next time! Looks very easy to setup your own rig at home for said electrolytic rust removal. Looks almost too easy! Thanks for the tip !

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1