What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Wedge eh, hmm, I guess that's for the 1999.5+.

Today I replaced my taillight bulbs to LED sets (1156 for the reverse and signal, and 1157 for the stop). Then I picked up a different set of flood lights and hooked them up on my bumper into the fog light wires.

Wedge eh, hmm, I guess that's for the 1999.5+.

Today I replaced my taillight bulbs to LED sets (1156 for the reverse and signal, and 1157 for the stop). Then I picked up a different set of flood lights and hooked them up on my bumper into the fog light wires.

well. How does the LED lights work? Are they much brighter?

Finally installed a set of Monroe Sensa Trac shocks on the front end and threw away those horrible KYB Gas A Just shocks! Much better, no more float! Now I've got a full set front and rear of Sensa Tracs, I'm happy with them.

swapped marker lights, corner lights and a headlight with a neighbor who was trashing his pathy. The corners are chrome instead of black but it kinda looks interesting (until I paint them)

Did my timing belt today :D

Tightened and replaced belts, no more squeaky :D

Changed oil too, and when I was re-adding oil I was like "wow pathy, you're hungry for oil today!" Then I realized that I was holding the oil drain plug in my left hand.... Dumped 5 whole quarts of Castrol Edge into the oil collector pan :suicide:

Lastly, heard some misfires come back, but they were present before swapping the timing belt, so I know that I didn't screw it up... now to find WHICH cylinder is misfiring and WHY

Edit: Much thanks to WD21colorado (Adam) for his Snap-On tool set and for helping me with the whole process

Heres a time-lapse video of the the timing belt process

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts
  • Like 1

The sensa tracs are okay but I find them too soft.

Soooo what did you upgrade to? If you say Rancho 5000 I'll be really confused because I keep hearing that they are softer than gas pressurized shocks...however I am starting to think more about oil filled shocks instead of gas....I may be due to try a set in a year or so...

Soooo what did you upgrade to? If you say Rancho 5000 I'll be really confused because I keep hearing that they are softer than gas pressurized shocks...however I am starting to think more about oil filled shocks instead of gas....I may be due to try a set in a year or so...

I do have the ranchos...They're not soft at all.

Did you do it EXACTLY by the Book/HowTo (specifically, the tension)

Of course Red :D Followed How-To and FSM to the letter. You should have seen how loose the old one was :blink: .... it was so loose that it could touch the timing belt cover!!!!!

I run the rancho 5000 and the ride is great, just a little bit stiff but it isn't harsh at all.

My last set of kyb I had in the rear were jittery, I thought at first I liked how firm they were, but then the more I drove with them I started getting all this nervous jitter and I finally couldn't take it had to get rid of them.

Those Ranchos aren't too jittery are they?

My last set of kyb I had in the rear were jittery, I thought at first I liked how firm they were, but then the more I drove with them I started getting all this nervous jitter and I finally couldn't take it had to get rid of them

not jittery or mushy. Just middle of the road really. I have used them on full size trucks and the pathfinder. I think the rancho work better on the pathfinder.

Edited by Nissanland