What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Me and a buddy spent the afternoon installing my new (old) brush guard. It was meant to go on a stock truck without a body lift, so we fabbed up some mounting tabs to make it work. Im happy with the outcome! :happy:

242crgg.jpg

Man, that is a nice truck. Slightly jealous!

Parked my 93 path into the back and pulled the battery. It is now ready for some engine surgery. R50 manifold/throttle body and N60 maf, along with a set of early vg30 cams and a tune. See what can be had from a basic healthy vg33e. Should be fun!

• Like 1

I just bought my Pathfinder on Wednesday.

Today I insured it (yay!) and transferred the newish battery from my dead Passport to replace the little bad one that it came with.

Finally got around to putting the 33x12.50 spare tire on the Lego rim only to find out it would not mount back on the rear tire carrier due to the bigger tire hitting the carrier latch, bars, etc. Took a piece of 2x6 sched 80 rect. tubing and made a couple of standouts for the mount. I figured since I was there I would give it a couple of extra inches to leave room for the Hi-Lift jack and hand winch mount (next project).

It sticks out a tad but after all the other gear gets mounted back there it will look alright, I am just wondering about lic. plate visibility.....

IMG_8729_zps39a9ac4c.jpg

IMG_8731_zpsfcafe742.jpg

IMG_8730_zps63e1bdaa.jpg

Has anybody else mounted this much weight on the rear carrier? I am just hoping it is strong enough to take the extra strain.......

Bushings are well lubed and working properly and the latch fits tight. It is just double the original weight and 6 inches further out for added leverage.... I guess time will tell!

Put in rockford fosgate power 5x7's all around, they didn't just drop in, but that's what a dremel is for.

Hey how do you like your new speakers? Are they the Prime 1682 or something like that, 2 way from car toys for like $70 a pair? I've got the same ones, no amp but they sound great! I am how ever kind of starting to think about getting an amp installed, around 250 watts I think, it won't take much to really open these this up. You said yours were power tho..must be a step up from mine...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Bushings are well lubed and working properly and the latch fits tight. It is just double the original weight and 6 inches further out for added leverage.... I guess time will tell!

Hey skibum you've got my 2nd choice of off-road tire that I took a real hard look at but was just barely edged out by the Coopers. I'm interested how you find those Grabber AT2's and I still feel fairly certain that I may use them if I ever get another Path, not that I'm unhappy with the AT/3s, they're great. I like your Legos too, the black center caps are a nice touch.

I did alot of research for the tires. EVERYONE is running the BFGs and the Generals had better reviews. I looked at the Coopers but I got such an awesome deal on these I couldnt pass it up. So far I am surprised how quiet they are on the road. Havent got a good chance to offroad them yet but will post pics and review when I do....

That's what I found as well, people seem to rate the grabbers over the BFG, I watched every video and review I could find on those tires, they do look pretty capable, and I like how they look asthetically too.

I took another run at tracking down the missing left high beam problem and spent the morning on that to no avail. Then I decided that I would rather have functional washers so I replaced those with new ones and spent the last two hours looking throgh my boxes for the FSM Wiring diagram.... now I'm having a coffee because I give up. But I'll be back.

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

So today the second round of "time to breathe some more life into the machine" was done. Cost me some hideously scraped knuckles but that oughta teach me not to try to stick my hands into small spaces.

Anyway, with assistance from the local workshop guys, plenty got done... first we went in for the front brakes and tie-rod ends; the tie-rod ends were real bad, at least an inch of play in the wheel both ways, so those had to get done because I'd rather not shimmy my shiny metallic butt all over the highway (that and scary visions of wheels coming off, etc.). Turned out to be a real pain in the ass due to them being rusted up solid, so a lot of WD-40 and finagling later, that was set. Front discs and pads went on without a hitch, the old discs were cracked and chipped, so those went right into "huh, what can we do with these, oh here's an idea, lets make two clocks!" country.

Then it was time for the rear end; drums and shoe replacement. And none too soon since there were no shoes left. Or much drum. Or master cylinders. Or gaskets. Surprised to find it wasn't quite pissing out brake fluid but it sure explained where it's been going recently. Had to trundle down the road to the alignment shop with the new brakes and such on and let me tell you.. it can stop on a dime now. As I found out after rather over-enthousiastically applying the brakes and instead of coasting to a nice stop it went from "going" to "*squeal* stopped".

Once alignment was done, took it out for a spin on the highway. Like. Freaking. Butter. It's so smooth now. No wandering, no shimmy, just... schmoove. Then came the last bit of fun time, replacing the AC compressor. The old one's clutch assembly was pretty well wrecked, and the compressor itself wasn't compressing very much; as it turns out, the guy that took it out held it up and shook it, and it made all sorts of really nasty bad rattling noises. I'm using it as a door stop now >.>

New AC compressor went in without much issues, besides me getting my knuckles scraped. Also the inside of the car is like a freezer now. But hey, it works.

The only "big ticket" item on the agenda is replacing the clutch, but we ran out of time. Since I need to go a few places over the next few days it's gotten postponed to the weekend. After that's done all that remains is visual things. Over-fender bits, a rear light that's got a hole in the plastic, and things of that nature.

• Like 1

Hey how do you like your new speakers? Are they the Prime 1682 or something like that, 2 way from car toys for like $70 a pair? I've got the same ones, no amp but they sound great! I am how ever kind of starting to think about getting an amp installed, around 250 watts I think, it won't take much to really open these this up. You said yours were power tho..must be a step up from mine...

I have the Power T1572's, they're in the higher end series of RF's. The Prime is their lower end, then the Punch and then Power. I think the MSRP was somewhere around $200+ when they were new, I picked up all 4 for $90 so it was a pretty great deal. I bypassed the stock amp's so they're running off my Pioneer HU and it seems to be enough power, then I have a JL 10" and they all sound good together. I'm definitely happy with them especially for the price I got them for. As far as an amp install, I've never felt the need to run another amp for the speakers as long as you have a good HU that puts out enough power. I only run an amp for a smaller sub because I don't listen to much rap or other really bass heavy music and I just want the sound to be full, not rattle windows. I never wanted to put that much money into a system for my car, I prefer to use it for my home stereo instead. Thats just my opinion though

Today I kept a promise to an old friend and had the muddiest truck in his funeral purcession. The only thing dirtier was some of the looks I got from some of his family who didn't know me (or him). R.I.P. Paul, who's eating dirt now buddy?

• Like 1

Had a walk around home depot with my wife - started getting ideas for screwing curtain rod hooks and buying cloth to make a rear cargo shade but got outta there before I blew the rest of our shopping money. It will have to wait until another weekend!

Today I kept a promise to an old friend and had the muddiest truck in his funeral purcession. The only thing dirtier was some of the looks I got from some of his family who didn't know me (or him). R.I.P. Paul, who's eating dirt now buddy?

Awesome!

I hope the friends I have that "know me" do something as thoughtful and courageous for me.... Well done.

After another round of carburator struggles, finally managed to score an elusive rebuild kit yesterday and spent the better part of today figuring out how to rebuild a carb. It works too! The big test will be tomorrow, 100 mile drive, see if it all works as intended.

• Like 1

went to the local u pull it they had a fresh 88 pathy and a 93 v6 navara got some rola roof rack parts and a long range fuel tank looks to be about 150 ltrs or so off the 88 and a complete upper plenum and carbon filter, off the vg30e all for 100 bucks :) nice getting filthy on sunday morning :):beer:

blue2 got a full service and new head and ecu temp sensors, thermostat & new lower hose

• Like 1

Replace the brake cylinder on the right rear, was losing brake fluid from a nice hole in the rubber outer seal. I know I could just get a rebuild kit. But with all the miles on old unit, I just decided to go with the new cylinder. Very easy fix. No more fluid on the drive way.