What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Pressure washed alot of the green film that's been growing while the work was getting done, all this rain can make moss grow just about anywhere, LOL, and I let the wife drive it today and I don't know if she will let me have it back, she loves it, I guess the 04 titan LE isn't a bad 2nd place vehicle, hard to beat the power :)

Edited by Nissanland

New top and bottom radiator hose

New CV Boot

New Wiper Motor

Blew out nozzles

New Alternator

New vacuum hoses

New light switch / Indicator stalk

Hooked up Amp and found out the car has new and loud 6x9's in the rear ha ha

New Power steering hoses and clamps

Took it out to local pick n pull, found a few goodies for the truck, my partner in crime wife found the best piece, a full intact rear wing, and rear hatch struts. Also found a couple good tail lights and speaker covers that I was missing. I hope they fit.

20140327_132235_zpsq9y8wte_edit_13959533

Edited by Nissanland

$20 for both the lights, .99 cents for the two struts, $2.99 for the speaker covers, and $26 for the rear wing. Plus alot of free circuit breakers, fuses, and spare light bulbs. I just couldn't get a single working fog light.

sounds like my wife's 94

Sorry for correcting you but I just can't help it. You shouldn't have put an apostrophe in " wife's". That mean your wife sound like "she is 94". I hope she didn't read that!

Sorry for correcting you but I just can't help it. You shouldn't have put an apostrophe in " wife's". That mean your wife sound like "she is 94". I hope she didn't read that!

lol she's getting close :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

wasnt today but over the last couple of weekends i threw on rear drums and new brake shoes, front drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads, installed mile marker manual hubs, and repacked the front wheel bearings. oh ya, and broke my parking brake adjuster = \ cant find the front parking brake cable anywhere. Oh well, such is life.

Fixed the problem with the horn not working, replaced the vacuum line for cruise control, wasn't activating when turned on. Replaced a couple fuses. Prep the new rear wing ( prime and paint)

Replaced the starter relay, checked and blew the dirt and crud out of the fusable links, jumped it, in the garage charging the battery now. can't wait to test drive her.

if it's a 5spd make a jumper with about 4 inches 12 gauge wire and 2 male spade connectors if the relay dies you can use the jumper wire. Sometime it helps to smack the heck out of it

• Like 1

Added subwoofer and amp to boot,added rear spottie down low and hooked it up to the air con button ,I'd disconected air con. Reamed out cat convertor, wired in two 12volt lighter sockets in rear wagon...tommorow il disconect the dual coils I'd bridged,also add rear brake light, LED and give it a clean,may remove side steps and aircom motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since my so called alignment after the lift (back in 10/13) my steering wheel has never been "centered" so with a healthy Captain Morgan buzz going on last night I figured I would go to the garage and rectify the issue. I got the front tires off the ground and proceeded to loosen the locking nuts on the tie rods, no problem. Didn't take long to realize that the tie rod/ ends on the passenger side were frozen for some reason with no movement what-so-ever. Well, I was here, might as well dig in and fix the problem. I whipped out the trusty ol' pickle fork and busted the wheel side loose, from there the outer end and rod came off the inner.... Great, good start. There was NO WAY, breaker bar, impact wrench, NOTHING was breaking them loose. I had a spare tie rod/ ends but they were large taper and my '91 is a small taper, so I needed only the rod and could use the existing ends if I could get these damn parts apart. My only option was to take a cutting blade on my hand grinder, cut a few deep grooves in the rod and use a nut breaker/ cold chisel to bust them apart. After some frustrated giggling, swear words, and blood I got them apart and reinstalled everything..... at 4AM this morning. I slept for a few hours, got up and set the steering wheel alignment and toe. Whew! all that for a straight steering wheel.

The moral of this story is don't take for granted that when you take your truck to an alignment place that they give a $&@T about doing things right. Most of them are hacks and many refuse to work on lifted Nissans. I am one of those guys who never lets anyone work on his rig, except for the tire guys and up until now the alignment because they have fancy equipment. No more. From now on the alignment on the Pathy gets done with a level, straightedge, and a measuring tape..

Happy weekend everyone!!

Spent the day replacing rear brake shoes, machined the drums, replaced tension rod bushings, front brake pads and rotors. Upon removing the left front warm hub, I found 3 broken bolts! Drilled and extracted them and installed new bolts altogether. Cleaned and repacked the bearings of course. Installed new low profile upper bump stops and new front sway bar links. I will put pics of everything I'm my member thread soon.

Installed the new wind deflector, and have already noticed that I don't need to run rear wiper as much, washed ( pressure) first time I have washed it at all since we purchased from the daughter and boy did it need it, there was real thick moss growing along the window seams, WELL I think it made run smoother, cleaner air I guess, but it was quieter. Also vacuumed the back out. The theme here....now that the pathfinder is up and running, efforts have been changed to getting it cleaned up and looking better, and smelling like a truck, not old rubbish..LOL, it's all fun though...:)

Alternator packed it in and died. Good thing I run a deep cycle battery so I had lots of time to get it home after the battery light came on. Weighed the pros and cons and decided its time to take the pathy off the road.

240SX is going back on the road now and the pathfinder is going under the knife for another round of heavy modifications.

New tentative mod list for the pathy this spring/summer;

-Quest 140 amp alternator.

-Full timing job with all new main seals.

-Custom a/c bracket and convert the a/c to onboard air system.

-Junk the auto trans and convert to manual trans.

-Finish building my hybrid throttle body (vg30 guts/tps with vg33 housing and throttle plate).

-Finish converting vg33 r50 intake manifold to work in a wd21 chassis.

-Custom eeprom tune and install wideband O2 sensor for tuning.

-Custom snorkel

-Build a panhard drop bracket

-1-1.5" more rear lift.

-Install keyless entry alarm system

-VHF/UHF radio install

This should be a fun season!

Edited by Nefarious

Oh almost forgot! Literally all of the main suspension bushings... front upper and lower control arm bushings. rear upper, lower and panhard arm bushings....and possibly new body mount bushings if I find the right price... not looking forward to this part of the rebuild..lol

Edited by Nefarious

Bottom aircon belt was hanging on by a few pieces of wire also discovered the radiator fan shroud wasn't even bolted down! It was just sitting in there, attached to nothing. So had to remove all the belts (first time I've attempted this) managed to get new belt on down there after much aarrghing and yelling but I got it all done. Found four screws to attach the fan shroud on properly. Turned the key, nothing. Second attempt, still nothing. Third attempt, Roooaaaarhhhhh hooray it's Alive hahaha it's Alive!!!

changed the oil today it dropped out only 2 quarts and my coworker didn't believe me that it only took 3.5 quarts, it was entertaining. i also discovered why it's got a sluggish start, it's the diode in the alternator i can get a maxima 90 amp alt for $71

Edited by travisg

Me and a buddy spent the afternoon installing my new (old) brush guard. It was meant to go on a stock truck without a body lift, so we fabbed up some mounting tabs to make it work. Im happy with the outcome! :happy:

242crgg.jpg

• Like 2