What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

My former 94 drove so good with the Falken's on it !

I've been puddle crashing around all day, we've got some lakes forming due to the rapid melt off. Quiet on the road, dumps water like a fire-truck, and MUCH better traction in snow/ice than the destinations.. I was a little iffy about them at first and all my other buddies swear by DuraTrac's, but quite frankly I think this was the right choice. Can't stand the noise of the BFG DT's (have done several 8-10 hour road trips to the UP from MN in my buddies jeep gc, a wrangler, and a silverado all running bfg's) but these Falkens are *quiet*.

Edited by madhakish

locksmith was out all day so no key yet, damn it. although i did get the air filter changed and the trunk lifts are now new as well. pretty stoked. i still need to straighten out one of the lower air box mount brackets to use as support and put an isolator around it to keep it cold air.

Repaired the nasty 5 cylinder lumpy I've-dropped-a-cylinder sound by adjusting the contacts on the #1 cylinder injector plug while standing in the snow, wearing two pairs of gloves and trying not to drop the stainless steel retainer. And now it sound like usual again. YAY!

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

Continued modifying the the airbox for the flexipipe conection from the snorkel to fully seal.

Fitted the new 'Toms Offroad and Custom" idler arm brace. MEGA solid! :aok:

Shouted, raged and waved my arms mightily when discovered the "new and rebuilt" starter motor has crapped out after only 3 weeks!! F**ks sake! :headwall:

Received a new left hand rear tail light now just need some time off work to pull out the smashed one. How it happened - reversed into a shopping cart at the shops. Went to junkyard, guy behind the counter wanted $100 for a 2nd hand scratched up one. I did some hunting online and found www.autopartsmate.com.au they have aftermarket parts. Not original tail light but looks exactly the same thing.

Fabricated an extension for my "bolt on" catalytic converter using the flanges from the old cat. Installed it all, now to see if it will smog. Oh and adjusted timing to spec.

Replaced the gasket on the right side valve cover, changed the oil and oil filter, put a new air filter in, and pb blasted the top of all the spark plugs to soak over night.

I charged up the battery, and when I opened the door to pop the hood I was amazed to smell the the 'new car' smell after all this time. Then I realized it was just the gauge pillar pod laying in the passenger seat that was out gassing...

B

Took it out for a good test drive, on and off road, the on road went well as you can ask for, OFF road really surprised me with the trucks ability to soak up the bumps, and the traction amazing and I never did get into four wheel drive. Sorry no pictures though, can't wait to get it out for a real good trail trip.

Took it out for a good test drive, on and off road, the on road went well as you can ask for, OFF road really surprised me with the trucks ability to soak up the bumps, and the traction amazing and I never did get into four wheel drive. Sorry no pictures though, can't wait to get it out for a real good trail trip.

Might have to put a run together soon!

Changed the spark plugs (even number 6), wires, and distributed cap they where the original ones and at 180k there was nothing left of them. Then changed the fuel filter, which was also factory and the gas that poured out was so brown and nasty. Now it idles about 1k less than it used to.