What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

new drivers side door handle and reraised the nap on the door where I rest my elbow. It had gotten nasty over the years. A wire brush to break through the crud, then a drop of Dawn dishsoap and a scrubbrush got it nice and clean.

Changed the oil and now my fasten seatbelt chime works. Whats up Nissan? I didn't even know it had a fasten seatbelt chime. Always had the dash light on startup and I've owned it for 2 years now.

Added some led marker lights and replaced broken fog lights on pathfinder, then we Took the titan in for recall item's. Came home and worked on the pathfinders stereo system that I can't get sound out from.

Edited by Nissanland

On the way to work I bought 2 rolls of tint, going to privacy my nap area tonight..muahahahaaaaaa. I can't wait. I usually nap on my lunch break, but most of the offices let out at the same time, so a lot of nosy people peeking in my truck. I have been waiting to do this, plus it will make it darker. God you know you are getting old when nap times get exciting.....

On the way to work I bought 2 rolls of tint, going to privacy my nap area tonight..muahahahaaaaaa. I can't wait. I usually nap on my lunch break, but most of the offices let out at the same time, so a lot of nosy people peeking in my truck. I have been waiting to do this, plus it will make it darker. God you know you are getting old when nap times get exciting.....

Oooooo tint sounds nice.... lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Installed new HVAC blower. The old one lasted 20+ years and 334,000 miles.

Oh, and the seat belt chime that showed up after the last oil change. It's gone again. It will not be missed

• Like 2

I removed my HVAC blower and took the motor completely apart, cleaned the copper part, blew all the dust out of it and re-assembled it with a little grease on the end of the shaft, working great now.

Also just did the same thing in my 90 Sentra, The blower would not come on sometimes and moving the inside/outside air lever back and forth would make the blower start working, it turned out when I took the glove box out and lower dash that moving that lever caused enough vibration for the blower to kick on.

Working perfect again now.

Edited by ahardb0dy

I did that twice with the blower on my old rig, then it finally stopped for good, in the middle of winter of course. My 94 seems to have an aweful vibration when the blower is on max, will have to inspect sometime.

Today I took the shims out from behind my uca to see if I can finally get a half decent alignment and not have so much positive camber.

I replaced the o-rings on my oil cooler and added a bit of Lucas oil additive to help get rid of the knock that showed up 2 weeks ago. And also replaced all the bolts that hold my plastic skid plate thingy on.

Saturday I have plans on taking the running boards off. Then wash and wax the poor thing.

I replaced the o-rings on my oil cooler and added a bit of Lucas oil additive to help get rid of the knock that showed up 2 weeks ago. And also replaced all the bolts that hold my plastic skid plate thingy on.

Saturday I have plans on taking the running boards off. Then wash and wax the poor thing.

You won't get rid of the knock unless you rebuild or replace. You might mask it with that thick goopy crap so its less audible, but its still there.

You won't get rid of the knock unless you rebuild or replace. You might mask it with that thick goopy crap so its less audible, but its still there.

I know, but I dont have the $$$ for the replacement motror just yet. And I think that the previous owner had the same issue because when I changed the oil it was pretty thick as well. Just hope to buy myself a few more months so I can have the funds ready when it goes. $4000.0 is a bit much for a second motor.

Remaining 3 old coils replaced.. All 6 new ignition coils now as of yesterday and new motor mounts going in today! Today is a good day! And I didn't have to use my AK :ar15: Still waiting on some goodies to show up at my doorstep.. Spare tire cover, License plate relocation kit from tiregate.com. For now my plate is just zip-tied on without a light.. I will also add my rear view camera and hook it up to rear view mirror LCD display when I get the relocation kit for the plate.. Today is a good day! I have also decided to add welds to my SFD and go over all bolts from the kit and re-torque to proper spec. Started the process of ordering what I need to make HD custom rebuild-able adjustable upper trailing arms to re-center my rear differential. These will be HUGE!! Today is a good day! I need to clean my K&N air filter too. Pics to follow...

added a bit of Lucas oil additive to help get rid of the knock that showed up 2 weeks ago

Lucas oil additive will only thicken the fluid and provide no benefits; in effect, it will only mask the noise so you can't hear it.

How many miles do you have on the current oil fill & filter? What oil and filter are you using? What are the current temperatures in Nevada? Does the knock happen when cold and hot (i.e. does it ever go away)? How many miles on your Pathfinder?

I have about 25 miles on this filter and oil, Oil is Castrol gxt 10w/30 and the filter is a Wix. Current temps in Nevada are in the high 40's-low 50's during the day and close to 20 at night. I have been hearing a lifter tick noise for about 6 months and thought the oil change would help. It didn't . Thats when I heard the louder knock, and decided to try an additive. Now when I first start the Pathfinder up i still hear the lifter tick and the other knock seems to gone. After it warms up the lifter tick is gone as well. The motor is right at 149,000... Im not sure how it was driven in the past, but since I have had it it's been driven to and from work on the freeway.. But every now and then I do like to air it out.. But Im no street racer when I drive.

Which model # Wix?

Try a filter with a silicone anti-drainback valve, if you haven't yet (usually orange colored), in no particular order: Purolator PureONE, NAPA Gold (Wix rebrand), Fram ToughGuard / Ultra, Bosch Premium (PureONE clone)

Nitrile (usually black) on the cheaper filters sometimes does not seal as well and can become brittle and hard after repeated heating/cooling cycles, resulting in oil draining out of the filter and causing startup rattle/noise.

The Lucas crap is basically SAE 140 gear oil with zero additives - all it does is thicken the oil and dilute its additive package. If you want a thicker oil, use a thicker oil instead of putting gorilla snot in it. It's fine for this oil fill, but I would strongly suggest discontinuing use after this oil change.

I have been thinking about dealing strictly with Napa. They seem to have the best service and supply of the parts I need.

5W-30 is suitable year-round. Where do you typically purchase oil from? That will influence my suggestion for an oil filter.

Installed 33x12.50 General Grabber AT2s. Kinda like the looks of them and all the reviews I found placed them as the new benchmark for AT tires, time will tell. Picked up a full set of Lego wheels with caps. I now have my spare Lego and 3 wheels and caps I do not need......

I have been thinking about dealing strictly with Napa. They seem to have the best service and supply of the parts I need.

NAPA store-brand conventional 5W-30 and NAPA Gold filters will work perfect for 5,000 mile oil change intervals.