What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Just picked up a tru cool 18 000 gvw aux stacked plate trans cooler. Low pressure drop model with full install kit for 65$ new. Rated for a 3/4 ton turbo diesel pulling a camper so I figure it should be good for my vg33e swapped 93 towing a 4x10 box trailer for the move.

Edited by Nefarious

I recharged the battery, but forgot about it over night. It was @ 15.6 volts this morning I got up and has since dropped back down to 12.9 volts so I think the Optima Yellowtop survived. Thankfully I just have a little self metering 6amp charger; the battery wasn't even hot... :rolleyes:

B

Monday, i bought it. drove it around some and then parked for the night, and took the stereo out of my 1990 (a basically brand new color changing deck! :D ) and stuck it in the r50.

Tuesday i just drove it to work.BUt before that i removed my warns from the wd and installed them in place of the drive plates. Then installed some auto's i had laying around from my 1994, onto the wd. (still getting used to the extra luxury... that my wd21 did have. haha. Then my friend asked me if i could take them down to Sutherlin, OR. to get a puppy. That's a 220+ mile trip. But they were paying for gas and i like to drive... so the night before i gave it a good wash. The guy drove it 5k miles in a year. and had it two years.... left town at 9 and the whole trip was about 450 miles. the truck did GREAT. Much better freeway manners than a (my) wd... :)

Yesterday i installed my mud terrains i had on the wd with the legos. Don't like them much. Ill be looking into some highway/ allterrain tires. :(

Today i finished getting all the the stuff out of the wd. and fixed the rattling exhaust... which turned out to be these:

1185363_564420550261744_1597510429_n.jpg

Why there was a clamp on the exhaust... i don't know...... probably don't want to either.

999592_564426170261182_1083438439_n.jpg

But now the only issues that i have are the power steering makes this god awful squealing noise if you turn it to full lock either way. And the cv boots are torn. :)

I recharged the battery, but forgot about it over night. It was @ 15.6 volts this morning I got up and has since dropped back down to 12.9 volts so I think the Optima Yellowtop survived. Thankfully I just have a little self metering 6amp charger; the battery wasn't even hot... :rolleyes:

B

I wouldn't worry, when charging my 36 V cart just before the charger shuts down it's reading 44.6V normal voltage at full charge is 38.2 or 38.4

Took apart my auto hubs, found one of them was stuck. Other free wheeled. So cleaned then both and reinstalled. Hope my 4x4 works now lol. If not. Manual hubs here I come!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Loaded up the girlfriends path from front to back with all our stuff and moved to our new place in Campbell river. Be prepared for some epic wheeling photos once we get settled in here. The terrain is amazing, in the middle of the mountains on Vancouver island.

Ravaged through a 96 in the pnp yard. Found the rear dome light plastic in the cargo area. A new taillight. And a better (still way weak) rear wiper motor. Still missing my fuse door/cover for inside the cab. And the rear cargo shade.

Just took it on a 12 hour long road trip (6 hours each way) and I am really glad that we decided to drive it in lieu of the Miata. What a comfortable drive. Well, that and the fact we drove through torrential downpours that had us pulling off the interstate with the flashers going in North Carolina.

Still working on painting the hardbody grille, I have a few coats of Ace Hardware gloss black on it now, looks decent, still have clear to spray.

Removed the rear wing and painted it gloss black, have to clear it as well.

Swapped my milemarker hubs to the family caR50, had to be some kind of record time I felt like a one man pit crew LOL

And got my lego hub caps back on since the oem manual hubs fit underneath.. (SO happy I never cut into them to fit the mm's)

Was very busy on this 3 day weekend, did clutch, flywheel, slave, plugs, wires, cap rotor, plugs, re index'd my T bars, seafoamed my engine, changed my valvecover gaskets, and added a AFE filter. Got a couple more things on my to do list this week but im trying to get this thing back to glory after its been neglected from the owner I just got it from.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfg9277gp4rqdgw/IMAG0247.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nusjrz9hs1w69xi/IMAG0248.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nusjrz9hs1w69xi/IMAG0248.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr1r0aild8v4r6a/IMAG0251.jpg?m

• Like 1

Today I picked up the liftgate struts I ordered and installed them, and then went to the local junkyard. Got a windshield washer fluid reservoir, a coolant reservoir cap (to replace the mustard container lid I was using temporarily), a solid non-electric antenna, two of the little plastic things that keep my glove box from falling down, a Nissan badge for the grille, and a door handle cable for my friends F150. Paid $10 which wasn't too bad I guess. Couldn't find another lego wheel (why are they called lego?) to make a matching spare, or any of the cowl grilles. Somebody pretty much scavenged the only Pathfinders and Pickups I saw. I was even looking to find a sunroof cover or non-broken cup holders for someone else if they wanted them since mine are good. I did however locate a wasp nest just full of the little guys wanting to say, "Hi!" as I removed the washer fluid reservoir. Not allergic to bees myself, but I think everyone is allergic to the pain on being stung, haha. Overall good day though I suppose, only about 400 other things to do next.

Maybe another junkyard has what we want! (Yay optimism!) Until then, search button here I come!

Well, I managed to get the washer fluid reservoir installed, though there were of course some issues as I can't seem to get anything right. The reservoir came from a Pickup, and looked just like the Pathfinder's. NOPE. I didn't account for the rear window nozzle, hahaha. Looking at it makes me wonder since it has the groove in the back for the second hose but not the hole to attach it to. In the end I just drilled a little hole in the cap and stuck the hose through that with the elbow so it can't come out. Cap was busted anyway, now I just have to remember to keep it above half filled with fluid. I also cleaned the gunk out of the connectors and it started working again! Well, except the rear. When I pull the stick back for the windshield to be sprayed both little pumps go. When I do it for the rear window, nothing happens. I'll call it good enough for now and be happy.

I also went to install the little plastic snapping Nissan badge but it didn't fit. Well, not like it did on the grill I removed it from. I'll probably mess around and come with a little back plate for it to bolt into or something tomorrow after I wash it and figure out how to swap the antenna.

Time to clean up and find a cold drink now though.

• Like 1