What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Dude that is starting to look really nice. Better than oem!

Well it wasn't my pathfinder, but I replaced the power steering pump and belts on a 2002 pathfinder yesterday. The vq35de isn't as crammed in there as I thought! Was pretty easy to work on. Although compared to my 1990 300zx....everything is easy to work on...lol

Lol but doing a clutch in one is one of the easiest I've ever done. Actually might be easier than the Z31s only because of the firewall clearance around the bell housing without the cross over pipe. Trans is heavier but still easy enough to drop on your chest and roll out from under it then bench press it back in.

Do you have any pics of your VG33 swaps?

Yeah I have a thread up here for my truck, did it a couple of years ago. Not sure if the pics are still up but ill check a bit later . I swapped the whole vg33e from the r50 over including accessories. Made custom accessory mounts to the block to gain clearance since the alt and p/s stuck out way too far to clear the frame rails and ended up with a lot shorter than stock belts. Bent the old p/s lines to work on the opposite side of the engine bay, alternator harness just reached over.

The vg33 swap we just put in my girls truck, we used Mr 510s adapter and all stock hardware. We stripped the engine down to the block and heads and cleaned and painted every single surface, bracket, pipe, etc...

Ill post some pics up today, we are off to wash her truck for the first time since the swap and we will get some pics up after.

L & R TRE's replaced. Found out my balljoints are shot. Was going to put new oilpan gasket in but my wife broke mirror off door of her Mitsu backing out of garage so I had to mess with that. Oh well, the oilpan will have to wait for another day

NewFogLights.jpg?t=1375411263

New Fog Lights. I know a normal person would have fixed the dirty headlight first.

I have a pair of stock headlights if you want one or both, make me an offer, where are you in Florida?

Got tires as stated above also found a decent aftermarket deck at a flea market removed fender flares because the 32s rubbed if i had the wheel fully cranked finally getting somewhere :)

In the last 4 days I finally got around to replacing front brake pads with hawk's, new rotors, outer wheel bearings, passenger side caliper, driver's side tie rod ends (rockauto forgot to ship me the other pair, should be in this week), and trimmed the front fenders (Rust Removal haha) apparently tin snips and a dremel can get you pretty far if you *act like* you know what you're doing!

IMG_8126_zps6c645bea.jpeg

Edited by tdauria
  • Like 1

I miss the beach permit and 4 wheeling on the beaches back home !

Yesterday, checked the oil and coolant and tire pressure on the PF since I haven't drove it in a few months, step daughter is using it as she doesn't have a car right now.

Finally got my CEL to go off, replaced the evap cannister & valve - hey presto! no more CEL or oxygen sensor codes :shrug::scratchhead::jig: Hopefully this also means no more barfing fuel out of the gas cap on a 100f + day :D

Finally got my CEL to go off, replaced the evap cannister & valve - hey presto! no more CEL or oxygen sensor codes :shrug::scratchhead::jig: Hopefully this also means no more barfing fuel out of the gas cap on a 100f + day :D

Sweet! The only way I can get my SES to go off is to remove the key from my ignition switch. waiting.gif

• Like 1

Tackled drum brakes for the first time today... Always been scared, but went surprising easy... Only confusing part is adjusting afterwards, I did it so I could hear it scraping the drum, I'm sure it's fine, the adjuster will do it's job, rest drove it and it brakes fine... Does anyone want to add to this? How did you guys adjust it?

Btw this is on my d21 4 banger so it has a different rear axle but I'm positive the drums work the same

Swapped out a bad starter on my ladys path as well as turned a spare rear washer pump into a front washer pump since the front pump was toast. Now her truck starts every time and can keep its windshield clean to boot....lol

Tackled drum brakes for the first time today... Always been scared, but went surprising easy... Only confusing part is adjusting afterwards, I did it so I could hear it scraping the drum, I'm sure it's fine, the adjuster will do it's job, rest drove it and it brakes fine... Does anyone want to add to this? How did you guys adjust it?

Btw this is on my d21 4 banger so it has a different rear axle but I'm positive the drums work the same

Usually I adjust mine until they're JUST scraping the drum, one time I adjusted them a little more & I got all kinds of noise from the LSD when I was cornering. If you have an open diff you shouldn't get this noise. I guess if they're too tight on a limited slip diff it acts like a locker, same as the old off roading trick of applying the parking brake a little to fool the LSD into thinking it has traction.

Lol well I didn't know about that. I had it so tight at one time when I tried to take the drum off it was taking the pads with it too haha

Went for a longer cruise everything seems fine, brakes the same without the rear squeal, but I noticed (at lower speeds just coming to a stop) and rotating squeak, not sure if its front or rear, could be a warped rotor, honestly not too concerned about it.

Started to replace the oil pan gasket but after I got the starter and gussets out of the way I could see the oil press switch was leaking so I replaced that. Cleaned everything up and tightened bolts on oilpan before putting everything back together. I'm going to wait and find out if the oil press switch was the single source of the leak before I tackle the oil pan. Oh and I did oil change too.

Fixing a sudden temper tantrum, where Pathy decided she didn't want to idle anymore ... some of the time. Wiggling a few spark plug wires resulted in engine dying with the beautiful sound of electrical arcing. Replaced. Wiggling MAF connector resulted in a slight bump in engine speed (probably poor connection). Unplugged battery to reset 'puter. Better.

/>

Wiggling a few spark plug wires resulted in engine dying with the beautiful sound of electrical arcing. Replaced. Wiggling MAF connector resulted in a slight bump in engine speed (probably poor connection). Unplugged battery to reset 'puter. Better.

Litteraly just did the same with my Miata last weekend. I cleaned the connectors and put some dielectric grease on them. Runs beautifully!

/>

Another good idea is to use a small pick to 'tighten' the pins inside the female end of the connector. Good insurance against it happening again.

Sure thing. I used a tiny screwdriver to scrape the male ends and, like you mentioned, bent the female ends to the point the harness was difficult snap back together. :aok:

Another good idea is to use a small pick to 'tighten' the pins inside the female end of the connector. Good insurance against it happening again.

Was next on my list :yeahthat: ... to make the "wiggle" trick a bit more permanent.