What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Picked up some Mobil 1 5W-20 High Mileage last night. Now if it will stop raining I can do my oil change. 4k miles in 50 days. :ohmy:

(Which btw the 5 qt jug is only $21 at Walmart!)

Edited by Rebelord

Yes, unbeatable price for M1. How long will you be running the oil? Unless you run it 6k or longer there is no benefit; conventional oil will protect just as well. Not saying there's anything wrong with M1 especially for the great price, just something to think about.

I usually go about 4k miles between changes. Just rolled 174k. Want to keep everything nice and clean. But if I can push the M1 to 6k that would be great! Right now, on a dealer oil change. Had a coupon for $19 oil change at the Nissan dealer. >.> <.< Not sure if I still trust them... Ill do this one M1 with the Bosch Blue extended life filter for 6k. See how it goes.

(Edit: I do drive for work a lot. Towing 2-3k lbs trailer upwards of 280 miles a day sometimes. Heavy traffic/stop n go to highway speeds.)

Edited by Rebelord

Are they still wobbly?

Subjected it to a full day of towing loaded trailer, then installed a new non wobbly hatch latch Nunya sent me. Adjusted it as far in as possible to hold the door super tight so hopefully it quits squeaking! Thanks again Nunya. :beer:

"Nissan dealer. >.> <.< Not sure if I still trust them..." Not Nissan but Mazda dealer, Had taken my gramps 03 Protege for an oil change, 3hrs later while he was driving back home the oil filter became/was loose. Engine shut off alone, was completely drained. Towed the car back home, refilled with fresh oil and new filter. Turned car on, engine was stuffed. :/ Called the dealer told them what happened, they told me to take the car in, they payed for the towing and the complete engine overhaul. They fired the tech. Since then, I've done the oil changes myself, and gramps has been happy.

Edited by WyKi

Installed new aftermarket black style head lights and back lights, added warn manual hubs, checked oil separator (installed few month ago, already added few liters of oil) = it is empty and dry, on next week going to service for engine repair (eating oil).

c.jpg

bigger image

/>Subjected it to a full day of towing loaded trailer, then installed a new non wobbly hatch latch Nunya sent me. Adjusted it as far in as possible to hold the door super tight so hopefully it quits squeaking! Thanks again Nunya. :beer:

(Obviously haven't checked for a few day) dam that made it quick! Glad to help out bud :beer: I got my eyes peeled for the rest of your needs as well on my list of "parts for people I like" notes in my phone for pick a part runs and the occasion I see a useful part out on CL.

On topic I actually had to so one of those sad days and BUY fuel for WhiteOwl. At least this way it ain't brown and smell bad :lol: Took him on Rt28 a little too to blow the dust off (until I got close to home as its congested there no matter the day/time) and used him as a blocker to keep a tailgating d-bag off a biker.

/>

"Nissan dealer. >.> <. not sure if i still trust them... nissan but mazda dealer had taken my gramps protege for an oil change later while he was driving back home the filter became loose. engine shut off alone completely drained. towed car refilled with fresh and new filter. turned on stuffed. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/Set_2_dry.gif" alt=":/"> Called the dealer told them what happened, they told me to take the car in, they payed for the towing and the complete engine overhaul. They fired the tech. Since then, I've done the oil changes myself, and gramps has been happy.

Really the dealer did right though and handled their mistake. Stuff happens/parts fail sometimes. I honestly commend them for what sounds like a hassle-free rectification of it.

Just checked my diffs and transfer case. Diffs are good. Nice honey color and smelled good. Transfer case though not so well. Drained and filled. Transfer case fluid was black. No bueno.

Sent from smert fone