What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Put on my wheels/tires and they fit at stock height I just can't turn or hit any bumps.. So it sits in the driveway till the lift arrives.

photo6_zpsb7a30839.jpg

Edited by mastersryan
  • Like 1

Put on my wheels/tires and they fit at stock height I just can't turn or hit any bumps.. So it sits in the driveway till the lift arrives.

photo6_zpsb7a30839.jpg

Should have wrote 31" on the fender. At least that's my plan next time I get her muddy.

Car started making strange noises yesterday, found out that two exhaust hangers had broken and the pipes were hitting the cross member. Both bolts on the frame to one hanger snapped & the replacement I had gotten from the store was the wrong one anyway. Found an old universal hangar and now it's all set. I also wiped off the rear end to find I have an LSD. Was pretty good.

Replaced my starter. Only the second one I've had to replace in him. I put in a factory unit the first time, this one is a aftermarket piece, but has a lifetime warranty. Cleaned my J/W pop charger filter as it was pretty caked with mud. And to round it out, I cleaned my air flow meter. Should be a nice drive to work tomorrow

Well I found an engine hoist for 70$ on craigslist. The thing is beast and adjustable for throw and length. Someone's well done home project and it accepts any standard bottle jack. The shop is really getting setup now! Just in time for the VG33E swap in my girlfriends truck. No more renting! :) Setup some shelving in the shop and got most of the tools and equipment put away now too. Not exactly work on the pathfinder, I know...but it relates to ...work on the pathfinder. lol

Exciting day today, since my step daughter is driving the pathfinder most lately (my AC in the sentra is finally working !), I checked the oil and coolant, re-attached the horn wire to the steering wheel pad (she forgot to tell me the pad came off !!), and re-attached the horn pad, took it for a quick ride to check for any new noises, none found.

In re connecting the harness, I realized that One ( or more ) dog chewed it... :headwall:

So I patiently did some electrical, style forensic scenario.

There are some years one should stay in bed.

Philippe.

Took the 4 bolts out of the RMS retainer. Tried prying it off but chipped the retainer.

Got itchy arms from the sound proofing material I was laying on. Need to go find more cardboard.

Realized I can't find any of the 3 packages of blue rtv I was sure I had.

Now off to grab some cardboard boxes of an apropriate size, rtv silicone, and beer.

My step daughter told me last night the brakes were making noise, than I heard her pull the truck in the driveway and it was grinding very bad, went out and checked quick and one of the rear rotors had some nice grooves in it.

Today pulled the rear tires, the dr. rear rotor, outside only was shot, pad was down to the rivets but the inside pad and both on the pass. rear were fine, maybe the caliper was sticking??

Pulled the calipers and mounting brackets off, removed the rotors, called Oreily auto parts, they didn't have the parts in stock but said they could get them from another store by 4:30 so I told them to go ahead. Picked up the parts and installed new rotors and pads, and also replaced a broken stud on the pass. rear, all back together and stopping good.

I hear a rubbing sound from the drivers rear, took the tire back off, removed the caliper and greased the upper pin, re-assembled. Hopefully after driving a couple days the noise will go away.

Not on the Pathfinder but on my sentra, removed the front struts and replaced the top strut mounts, Alignment scheduled for Monday morning.

Put new windshield wipers on it. For $15, less than the price of one at the parts store, I got a 19" and 20" Teflon coated wipers from Rock Autos closeout sale. Didn't even have to leave the house. I bought them before the truck was stolen and just now got around to putting them on.