What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Had my 93 washed yesterday as well as tires re-balanced due to vibration above 60mph. The car was didn't do a good job. They do great for cars and my work van but not my pathy.

James

That turbo is very sexy. if it's for a pathy we want to see the pics for the build.

James :aok:

I was just teasing you guys! thought you'd appreciate a nice peice of engineering. Its for my project car, just gotta tow it back from outta town and throw on the new turbs. Rated to 600hp! Going on my RB25

Edited by 4doordrift

sick dude im building a KA24DE-T 240SX right now, just got it up and running on nismotronic ECU. going to be running 450cc injectors, n60 maf, walbro 255lph fuel pump, aiming for around 350whp and even more torque in my little S13 :D what are you throwing the RB25DE into???

Well, It started out as a completely stock 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T sedan. Came with a mint Rb20DET, Lasted me for a while until I threw a rod through the side of the block on a very hot day at a local track pushing the little inline 6 to do 3rd gear drifts on a road course. From there I got my hands on a RB25DET and swapped that in. Since that original RB25 swap, I've rebuilt the motor completely 3 times and pulled the engine and tranny 15-20 times.

Now ive got a spare rb25 on the side, and a set of weisco pistons and eagle rods that used to be in the motor, which blew due to incorrectly clearanced bearings.

My current build consists of:

Bottom:

-Decked, honed and acid dipped block
-Micropolished, balanced and blueprinted crank

-ACL Main bearings

-ACL Rod Bearings

-ARP Main Studs

-ARP Rod Studs

-Stock Rods

-Stock Pistons

-New rings

-Tomei 1.7 Metal Headgasket

-Ross Power Bond Harmonic Balancer

-Nissan Gasket Kit

-All Lines Replaced

-A/C Delete

-New Alternator

-New Starter

Top End:

-Acid Dipped, Planed and pressure tested head

-3 Angle Valve job

-Kelford 270 degree cams

-Ebay adjustable cam gears

-Restored lifters

-Splitfire Coilpacks

-Copper Spark Plugs, Cold heat range

-ARP Head Studs

-ARP Exhaust manifold studs

-Greddy Timing belt

-Nissan Gasket Kit

Breathing:
-HKS GT2535r (now blown)

-Comp Turbo CT4 5562 billet (ready to be installed)

-Greddy Intake Manifold

-Q45 (90mm) throttle body

-Z32 Mass Airflow meter

-Blitz Intake

-Greddy MSpec Intercooler

-All Aluminum piping

-HKS SSQV (purple insert)

Lubrication:

-N1 Oil Pump

-Bored Oil galleries

-Tomei Oil restrictors

-Royal Purple 20w-50

Exhaust:

-3 inch Custom straight pipe from the turbo back

-5 inch outlet (fireballs)

-Stock Exhaust manifold

Fuel:

-Twin walbro 255lph (removing)

-Aeromotive A-1000 Stealth in-tank (replacing the walbros)

-Deatcshwerks 740cc injectors

-Z32 fuel filter

-New Lines

Cooling:

-FRP Vented open grill hood

-Dual Flexalite 12inch rad fans

-Koyo Aluminum Rad

-N1 Water Pump

-Oil Cooler, with filter relocation

-Nismo Thermostat

Drivetrain:

-RPS Max Street Clutch

-Fidanza Lightweight flywheel

-Redline, Heavy Duty Gear oil

Handling:

-Stance Gr+ Pro Coilovers

-Megan Rear adjustable control arms (ready to install, to flaten out rear camber)

-Full Hicas Delete

-Nismo Strut Bar

-GTR wheels

-Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires

-Ebrake Spring delete (drift Button)

-Hawk HP Performance Pads

-Mild Weight Reduction

-Odyssey Trunk mounted battery

Engine Managment:

-Apex'i Power FC

-Apexi'i Boost controller

Interior:

-Innovate Wideband

-STRi Boost Gauge

-STRi Volt Meter

-STRi Oil Pressure

-Willans 4 point Harness

Audio:

-DVD/Bluetooth Deck

-Alpine Speakers front and back

-Compustar Remote Start and Security

Edited by 4doordrift

nice man thats a sick sedan r32. I am currently going ka-t on the s13 and i also just finished restoring a 1990 300ZX Z32 "slicktop" (hardtop) that my neighbour smashed and sold to me for uber cheap. just replaced the whole front rad support assembly and the front of the unibody and replaced all the broken parts. looks right back to stock again. it's getting ready for a VH45DE swap :D

i didn't work on MY pathfinder today but tomorrow I will be going to pull a 2003 frontier VG33E for my girlfriends 1993 Path SE. Gunna be a sick swap, has the higher power 180hp 202ft lbs vg33

• Like 1

You young guys have way too much time on your hands! Y'all need to grow up and get a real mans job where you work so much that you only have time to eat, sleep, work, and cry while you pick at young people with really cool car projects!

James

• Like 1

It is official... I now hate you as you have one of my dream cars. It is one of the few cars that I would gladly drive on a daily basis if I could get it. Otherwise it's an awesome car. :aok:

James

• Like 1

You young guys have way too much time on your hands! Y'all need to grow up and get a real mans job where you work so much that you only have time to eat, sleep, work, and cry while you pick at young people with really cool car projects!

James

:lol: It hasnt all been sunshine and lollipops. I've owned this car for almost 8 years and been through hell and back with it on more than one occasion, It's hard to find the time of day for it but when you are so passionate about something you will find a way to make it work. 100's and 100's of hours, ml's of blood, L's of Sweat and tears have gone into this thing and I'm just now starting to get it to where I want it to be however it is no where near done. I'm now on the right path in life and changed some my attitude and outlook on some things, so far it has paid off and I couldn't be happier with both my project car and my direction in life lately. Oh and for a job I am a Tax accountant at PricewaterhouseCoopers, this time a year its not out of the ordinary to work 70+hour weeks, so eating, sleeping and working are my main activities right now hahah :FartExplode-vi:

Cheers! Thanks for the love

Well went out and finally decided to find out what was making the squealing noise in my engine bay. Thought it was an idler pulley but as luck would have it no dice. My power steering pump is what is making the god awful noise. It is louder at idle then at higher rpm's. Is my 93 pump a good one to just buy from the parts store or is there an upgrade I can do???

Thanks in advance will be searching here later but wanted to through that out there in case someone has already had this problem and knows where the info is on here.

THanks again

James

It's no big deal to mix them. You can also disconnect the return line and have somebody turn the wheel while you pour new fluid in to flush the system, though a siphon & fill is adequate. You can do it several times with a bit of driving in between until you've gone through the quart.

• Like 1

Picked up a later model inst.cluster white looks so much nicer, the tac didn't work so I had to do some swapping using my old one with the white face and pointer, speedo was missing the pointer, and the odometer had 12.000 miles more the mine wound it back and had to use the orange pointer all in all it looks good.

Also picked up another front tow hook

I finally got tired of the door not shutting right (crappy Taiwanese hinge plate was the wrong thickness, so the door was all sucked in at the top) and tore into it tonight. Two rubber shims later, the door shuts properly. Opening it is another matter, since I snapped off the plastic door handle trying to get the bolt holes lined up. :headwall:

Moral of the story, spend the extra couple bucks on OEM hinge plates.

The new KC 1789 57 series lites came in yesterday, what a difference over the Bosch. They're both 100 watters

but the KC are more of a spot or pencil beam and about half the size of the Bosch.

So instead of a brick wall on the Targa bar I now have a picket fence :laugh: :laugh:

My exhaust had been sooo loud inside the cabin because I have a leaky flex pipe on the passenger side and the noise is just coming straight up through from under the shifter boot. I dont have funds to replace it all right now, so I stuffed a ton of batting (aka pillow-guts) underneath my shifter boot, and now its pretty darn silent in the cab again! No more headaches on the highway! If anybody else wants to sound proof your vehicle, this is something that will definitely help!

Replaced the dash needles and tires. After having a look through the speedometer I think nissan made it calibratable, if that is the case then I think I know how to calibrate a speed driven speedometer without expensive tools.