What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

put some rear speakers in, picked up a mechless radio with aux, usb sd , pulled the center dash binnacle deleted the cig liter and ash tray, cut the binnacle to fit new head unit where the ash tray was turned out to be a nice tight fit, re routed the radio loom and fitted au spec connectors for power ans speakers, made a blanking plate for the old radio slot , made a swivel mount to put 7" 3g tablet (telstra t tab s7 ) for nav and hema maps weather etc under the radio the bottom storage tray now has my uhf cb and a 3 way 12v break out,

i was hoping to use a blutooth odb consult unit to relay data to the tablet but it appears my 92 odb cant do that :(

its at the mechanics get a new 100 amp maxima alty hopefully a fixed rms if they have time

Today, removed the Dr. side exhaust manifold shield to check the studs, surprisingly the bolts holding the shield all came out, usually they break. All studs are intact, nuts were tight, no sign of any exhaust leak. Must just be me that I think it sounds like there is a leak, maybe it's just the way it sounds. Engine block still looks like new can even see assembly marks above the exhaust manifold, good thing for JDM engines !!

Removed a wire harness that was sticking out a hole in the firewall, think it was alarm related, it went down to the Dr. side kick panel and was plugged into another connecter that went into a harness, no idea what it was for.

Check my AC, system must be low on freon, clutch would not engage, bypassed the low pressure switch and clutch kicked on, added freon, seems like it started to get semi- cold, will have to drive it to see for sure.

Removed the Dr.s side Warn manual hub to check it, was not able to turn the dial at all, inside it was all corroded and rust flakes,dust everywhere. Removed the whole hub, took the hub COMPLETELY apart, cleaned everything, greased everything lightly, re-assembled it, re-installed it, now can turn it with 2 fingers. Checked the pass. side hub, still turns easy.

Checked the oil and it seems very low, may be a good idea to add some, think I will tomorrow.

that was it on the pathfinder, (sentra removed the muffler it is shot), sounds good idling with no muffler but very loud revving it !! LOL

Added a quart and a quarter of oil, so hard to see the level on this dipstick, one side shows normal one shows nothing, would think if the oil was at a certain level it would show the same on all 4 sides.

Lubed the dr. door window rubber with pure silicone, window now goes up on it's own (for now anyway).

It's leaking from somewhere, haven't determined from where yet. All I know is it appears to be leaking on the ground from the rear of the engine, I had a new rear main seal put in when the JDM engine was installed 3 years ago. I think it may be coming fro the dr. side valve cover but I need to pull the manifold so I can get to some of the bolts. The bolts I could get to were loose enough I could have removed them by hand.

It's overdue for an oil change, I'm waiting until I get the hoses for the remote oil filter, I only want to remove the oil filter one time than it will be the new filter in the new location. May order the fittings and hose Friday from Summit.

Fixed the dash gauge illumination and front left turn signal on my girlfriends 93 SE, looked at and pondered plans for my 93 XE. About to go pick up some rare options from a parts truck.. window rain deflectors all around, front hood bug deflector.. also grabbing the rear spoiler and hinges, front right corner light, and rear headrests for 100$. Seems a good deal to me

well the bug deflector and window rain guards had some damage on them so i left them but i did get a 92 model rear spoiler that i was missing on my truck (just empty holes on the top of the hatch). also got a perfect front right corner light in chrome and 2 rear headrests in grey leather for my girlfriends 93 path. ended up scoring it all for 50 bones. good day for the pathy family. lol

The belt is the easy part. . . I was referring to the part where you're laying under the truck supporting the alternator with one hand while using the other hand to reattach the wires one handed. Then lifting the alternator into position (from the bottom) while putting the bolts in from the top??? On my '78 D150 (dodge truck) it was about a 6 minute job if you took your time. This was closer to an hour to remove 5 bolts and one nut???

Whatever, I've got a 5 year warranty on the Alternator, hope I never have to change it again. Now I'm really looking forward to changing the broken manifold studs. . .

Take the mounting bracket off and drill it out for a 5/16" through bolt. Soooo much easier.

Lol especially the ones around here!

Well, got my wheels mounted finally. A $70 set of wheels ran me up to $200! Had to special order Enkei specific 6mm Euro valve stems for them and buy different lug nuts.

I just ordered a Grassroots center link and all of the front end bushings, picked up the tie rods earlier. There goes $550... $450 when I send my old center link back. But it has to be done. I already put new upper ball joints on it and I have new lowers in a box somewhere.

After that there's really nothing else that hasn't been touched on the truck. Can't wait to see how it drives after I rebuild the front end.

Well today was the day to fix the intermittent "no start" issue with my girlfriends 93 Path SE MT. Quite often the truck would start fine and have no issues, but every once in a while the thing just wouldn't start. No cranking, no nothing, just some relays clicking. So I investigated, cleaned all the connections everywhere...Found some bad wiring insulation, tidied up a bunch of things but none of them were the issue. Eventually I tracked it down to the Clutch Interlock Relay... I guess Pathfinders from the USA have a funky clutch interlock system in them. My Canadian 240sx and a couple of buddies with MT Pathfinders do not have the system at all... Anyways I jumped the high current terminals on the connector for the one side of the interlock relay, pulled the relay, taped it all up. Now the truck starts every time!

(last few days the truck would take about 50 tries to start, totally ridiculous and in canada there is no part listing for this relay since it wasnt on canadian models as far as i can tell)

anyways. now the thing starts every time, first time. that was such an annoyance of her truck that I never had to worry about with mine. Anyways it's all good now,...

I also pulled the driver door lock out thinking it was broken but upon inspection found that there was a broken off key inside it from the P.O., anyways I extracted it and reinstalled and voila! the thing works perfectly again.... all that's left to fix on her truck now is one side has a stuck e-brake cable and the power door locks dont work at all.

the 420$ truck is almost perfect now!

Installed Energy Suspension Ultra low profile upper bump stops and removed and chopped the factory lower bump stops and re-installed them on my girlfriends 93 SE. Gained her Pathy about another 2+ inches of front wheel travel over all. :) The thing rides quite respectably now. Such a cheap mod but what a difference it makes!

Ooohhh LA LA!

Well, I replaced a busted out tail light and tore my door panel off to fix my window that got stuck down, that was just regulator bolts that fell out. Then I did some body work to the top of the door frame so the window would close as the track was smashed in and bent the door back in to the body. I slid into a tree wheeling this weekend and landed on my drivers door. Fscked it up pretty good and had no choice but to rip my mirror off to get off the tree. Because of no mirror I backed into a branch and busted out my tail light. :( First time in 5 years I've done any body damage wheeling. Gonna need a new CV axle too. Then I cleaned the mud out of the inside, need to pressure wash the rest and the undercarriage tomorrow.

Spent 3 hours driving around trying to find a good gray power mirror and finally found a place that had one for $35, where I got my tail light from, but when he brought the mirror out it was already busted! Still hunting for that. Course when I get back my mom asks me to tow the trailer full of yard debris off then a load to the dump, hate not having mirrors especially with a big ass trailer.

Edited by Kingman

Was looking under the hood and found that the PO had used some electrical tape to conceal a ginormous tear in the rubber elbow leading from the air intake to the throttle body. This has left a big gap there for all kinds of junk to get in.. Well, they didnt have any at my local store, so I'll be ordering a new one, until then I used real tape (gorilla tape) to wrap it up good and snugged it up tight till I can get a replacement. While it was off I cleaned my disgustingly filthy throttle body of all the grime that had built up from the gaping hole in the tubing.