What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

That wasn't a stab at you Kyle (supringly :lol: )

Haha i know. :)

Took me a few minutes on the 3 hour drive home to get used to it's highway manners but after that, right at home.

Fixed the tach, put my subs back in, re-did the POs janky ass wiring for the subs, installed my new hatch struts, fixed the tach, attempted to check the oil, and put another hundred miles on it. :lol:

Don't you love the wiring i got for free? lol.

No kidding, Kyle we know you wheel. We've got pics.

Yeah, and i love it. But i rarely go. :(

Figured out a way to secure my sub for when I go offroading, yet with a quick release so when I want the storage space I can pop it out easily and it works beautifully! Just used some L brackets and then drilled through the carpet and put a bolt through a fender washer and then through the hole, and tightened down with wingnuts. Also shortened up and tidied up the wiring for it, and finally I took off the driver's door panel and banged out a massive dent that has been there for the last 6+ months since somebody backed into my door. Finally had a GREAT weather day AND the day off from work! Then some buddies and I all went out for a bonfire/shooting/wheelin' trip and with my new tires (treadwright guard dog mts) my pathy did just awesome!

Always a great day when you get a lot done on the Pathfinder, and then take it out and it performs beautifully.

Changed La Blanca Vajayjay's power steering pump for the third time this year. While I'm pissed I had to change it out AGAIN, I'm stoked I did the job in just an hour.

*had to change it this time because of a bum reman pump.

• Like 1

This is the less expensive option for 4x4 parts. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/hardbody-pathfinder-snorkel-p-5360.html

I was surprised how much I did have to modify the air box. I used a 1 1/2" ABS street 90 with some 1 1/2" ABS pipe to adapt the airbox to the flexible hose. You have to replace the box inside the inner fender with the adapter that comes with the kit. This connects the flex hose to the snorkel. The old pipe that comes from the airbox can be plugged with a 1 1/4" bow pex cap. All the fittings I grabbed at the local hardware store in the plumbing section, then sealed each connection with polyurethane. I haven't got to try it out yet. The factory airbox seems a lot more complicated that it has to be. I think this will work fine.

IMGP0178_zpse39efae2.jpg

Cool, it looks great. Thanks for the description and pictures. :aok:

GAK! $400 for a plastic tube and a snorkel hat! :thumbsdown:

B

my poor old girl is in the shop :( either dead lifters or something worse sounds like a death rattle though :handlebars: not nice seeing it flat bedded away...! if its not worth fixing the old vg30 ill go a 33 swap i recon the rest of it is real nice shape for its age

Fresh MT-90 for the transmission and rewired the charging harness for my brand new 130A Quest altinitor. Tomorrow I gotta do the fab work to make it fit and tension.

The drain plug looks like it had never ever been touched so it wouldn't surprise me if the fluid was 215K miles old. Barely any shavings on the magnet so it's still in 'bout perfect shape.

This week end: re installed the wheels, drop the car from blocks prepared the engine for installation, pushed the car in position, hooked up the engine and sunday afternoon caught me.

Get to talk to Rob as I need more seals.

Next time I work on it the engine should be inside.

Philippe.

I also changed pistons, seals and dust protectors. The previous dust protectors were not (i guess) seated properly and this is what happened.

The only one to blame is me, I changed them three years ago. Hope this time will be a better job.

Philippe.

P1010007_zps14048bd0.jpg

Finally got a tire mounted on my 5th Lego, and then put it on the spare tire carrier. Discovered that despite the pictures I have seen around here, the early model center caps will not fit on the wheel on the tire carrier. I'm guessing you have to cut away the piece that comes through the center of the wheel to make it fit.

Finally got a tire mounted on my 5th Lego, and then put it on the spare tire carrier. Discovered that despite the pictures I have seen around here, the early model center caps will not fit on the wheel on the tire carrier. I'm guessing you have to cut away the piece that comes through the center of the wheel to make it fit.

Yeah about a 1/4 inch needs to come off

• Like 1

I greased the bushings that hold the front sway bar to the frame on the off chance that they've been causing the occasional squeak on bumps.

I have Energy Suspension, but man do they make some noise when its time for a little more grease. Sadly Formula 5 seems to be the only thing that shuts them up

Yeah about a 1/4 inch needs to come off

Good to know, I was going to go with the ol eyeball method. Headed out to the garage now to do some shaving......

Like a little girl, or screaming like a man who is King of the Pathfinder?

I'd have to lean towards maniacally... I'm trying to determine if my ceiling is strong enough for me to mount my 1000lb chain hoist. All I would use it for would be the occasional ARB or motor or what not so 500lbs should be plenty.

I broke the lug nuts loose and put the rear axle on jack stands. Pretty easy now that I can get around it.

B

I tore off the horn button hoping to remove the wheel and clean the sliders... no such luck, the wheel's really on there. I had a hell of a time getting the horn button back on (the FSM doesn't cover installation). Finally I got frustrated and whacked the bugger with my fist... and it clipped perfectly into place. :lol: I guess that's what I get for being subtle with a horn.

Also rubbed some turtle wax on the plastic over the gauge cluster and got that looking a lot cleaner/clearer.