What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Took the hood off and painted it gloss black, 2 cans, need another one. Removed and painted the wiper arms flat black, look just like new.

Started the wiring for my upgraded headlight harness and installed one of the Hella headlights. I bought 2 headlight plugs from advance auto parts, removed the thin wires and soldered new 10 gauge wires to the connectors than re-inserted them into the plug. Red, Blue and Black wire. Mounted one of my old Dick Cepek double relays and a automatic resettable circuit breaker on a small piece of plastic behind the battery. The bracket that was there had a hole in the top already so I drilled it out larger and installed a riv-nut (nut sert), than used an allen head bolt to secure the plastic and relay.

I ran the new harness (high and low beam wires) from the drivers side to the relay, I used an existing ground point on top of the rad support as a ground for the new H4 bulb. Ran the harness covered with wire loom in front of the radiator.

Tomorrow if I have time, have to tie in the pass. side harness and connect the trigger wires from the old headlight plug to the relay.

Figured out how to replace the side mirror glass by practicing on my old mirror. Now I don't need to buy a whole mirror unit just to replace a broken mirror glass and now I can replace my drivers side flat mirror with a convex mirror to match my passenger side convex mirror. Convex mirrors really do make a difference and i highly recommend them.

Not today, but did a ton this weekend. Installed snorkel, installed transmission, Installed T-case. Even prepped the rear axle for paint. Looking forward to my differential shims showing up so I can keep going on it. Wife say I have till April 15, then it's a summer of house renos :headwall: , so the more I get done now the better.

What snorkel? Any pictures? What did you do with the air box? I'd love to see...

At least you have until April, I had to do the renos before I worked on the truck. P...

B

Figured out how to replace the side mirror glass by practicing on my old mirror. Now I don't need to buy a whole mirror unit just to replace a broken mirror glass and now I can replace my drivers side flat mirror with a convex mirror to match my passenger side convex mirror. Convex mirrors really do make a difference and i highly recommend them.

Leo,

Any pics or a line or two on how you did it so that we can do the same??

Thanks.

Philippe.

Among some other things I took pics of the timing with a gates belt. On the one I had before the marks were not matching very well and aligning it was not that easy. If you do not order from Nissan, this a good buy.

P1010006_zps8f23b14e.jpg

P1010027_zps33cacd77.jpg

And this is how it lines up:

P1010005_zpse6180f95.jpg

P1010007_zps0afb1e4c.jpg

P1010034_zps1e61f458.jpg

And the damper at TDC plus the distributor:

P1010017_zpsd6bb4585.jpg

P1010018_zps012ec0ca.jpg

P1010021_zpsb3da0482.jpg

And also having the shop manual next is the best guarantee for success.

Philippe.

It's always a good idea to count the teeth on the belt (several times) regardless of what the marks say. "The teeth do not lie." (as long as the belt has the right number of teeth). Still nice when the marks line up though and helps get it in the right place the first time!

I checked it too, don't think I'am so familiar to skip the ckecks :laugh: .

Gates has taken care of that too, there is a booklet in the kit and they give you the number of teeth. Very nice kit. Belt and tentionner.

Philippe.

What snorkel? Any pictures? What did you do with the air box? I'd love to see...

B

This is the less expensive option for 4x4 parts. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/hardbody-pathfinder-snorkel-p-5360.html

I was surprised how much I did have to modify the air box. I used a 1 1/2" ABS street 90 with some 1 1/2" ABS pipe to adapt the airbox to the flexible hose. You have to replace the box inside the inner fender with the adapter that comes with the kit. This connects the flex hose to the snorkel. The old pipe that comes from the airbox can be plugged with a 1 1/4" bow pex cap. All the fittings I grabbed at the local hardware store in the plumbing section, then sealed each connection with polyurethane. I haven't got to try it out yet. The factory airbox seems a lot more complicated that it has to be. I think this will work fine.

IMGP0178_zpse39efae2.jpg

IMGP0179_zps7e35e1f1.jpg

IMGP0183_zps8d8b3fe4.jpg

This is the inner fender.

IMGP0182_zpsc732c1a3.jpg

Leo,

Any pics or a line or two on how you did it so that we can do the same??

Thanks.

Philippe.

A line or two wont be enough but I will do a short write up with pictures when I buy a convex mirror. Did you need to change yours urgently or did you just want to replace good flat mirror with a convex one?

Did some bodywork, Painted the tire carrier rest points that mount to the body and wd40ed the tire carrier greasing points and boy did it make a difference. I will put grease when I buy some but now I can move the tire carrier with just my pinky :D.

Sunday, made a headlight harness to use a relay with my new Hella H4 headlights, installed the relay and drivers side harness, Today, installed pass. side harness, finished wiring relay, installed pass. side headlight, ran out of the small wire loom so some wires are uncovered in photo below:

2jcdoc1.jpg

Hella H4 headlight installed:

5kkjr5.jpg

A line or two wont be enough but I will do a short write up with pictures when I buy a convex mirror. Did you need to change yours urgently or did you just want to replace good flat mirror with a convex one?

I don't plan to do it but one side has abnormal play and I expect this mirror to fall one day. Better to know what I'll have to deal with now. I think it was mounted originally with convex glass and this what I'll replace with. No flat at all.

Thanks for the help.

Philippe.

I don't plan to do it but one side has abnormal play and I expect this mirror to fall one day. Better to know what I'll have to deal with now. I think it was mounted originally with convex glass and this what I'll replace with. No flat at all.

Thanks for the help.

Philippe.

Ah ok, well ill be sure to let you know when I post the how to :beer:.

• Like 1

Gave my tire carrier a quick paint job mainly because i was getting rid of the surface rust, it looks much better than before but close up you can see the imperfections. I suppose I will give it a thorough do over when I buy more paint.

Bought it back.

:happy: Makes me feel better.

full circle... saved from a doomed life of being parked on curbs!

:shiftyeyes:

Now it'll get bastardized and beat to death instead! :lmao:

B

:blink: Ha. Used as a pilot truck, maybe?

Took me a few minutes on the 3 hour drive home to get used to it's highway manners but after that, right at home.

Fixed the tach, put my subs back in, re-did the POs janky ass wiring for the subs, installed my new hatch struts, fixed the tach, attempted to check the oil, and put another hundred miles on it. :lol: