What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

drove around in a blizzard last night just for the fun of it. Rusty handled like a champ, even with what I think are crapy Motomaster tires. even in drifts up to a foot deep no issues no pulling to one side just powered straight through.

The longer I have this truck the more I like it.

Took the upper and lower air pan off then removed the MAF and cleaned it with some isopropyl alcohol. I soaked my whole intake yesterday driving through the river and splashing around, and the check engine light came on and sounded like I was driving with a worn out 454 with a moody cam. Problem solved, pathy is happy and purrs like a kitten again =]

Got some new shoes installed. Always saw good reviews on the Falken Rocky Mountains, so I got a good deal on a set and free replacement certificates. My heart wanted some mud terrains, but maybe next time.

Fixed a nasty exhaust leak that kept sucking water into my catalytic converter, considering removing the cat till I have to smog at the end of the year, and hopefully by that time ill have a completely new exhaust system complete with fully custom made headers by me and a dual exhaust setup ran from a glasspack with twin outlets

how does a vac gauge help you to save fuel? just curious..i'm always down for saving fuel!!

anyways i finally went out and cranked up my drivers torsion bar...driver side is not liking being cranked up over 3", might need some new bars soon.. ill be building a custom front steel bumper soon so I could use some stiffer t-bars anyways.. did a driveway alignment.

also moved an exhaust clamp that wasnt sealing and tightened my drivers side exhaust header.. no more exhaust leaks!!

also set the timing, it was just eyeballed when i put the distributor back in recently. purring like a kitten now!

just need to find an EGR to put on my truck to pass emissions (then promptly take it back off once i pass) and the beast is ready to rock! almost there!

Edited by Nefarious

how does a vac gauge help you to save fuel? just curious..i'm always down for saving fuel!!

Look at the picture,Its called a fuel-saver because you can use it to curb your driving habits using color coded zones; the harder you step on the gas the less vacuum you have.

So if you drive around keeping the needle in the green you will your driving habits will use less gas then if you drive around in the red.

The colors read as follows:

POWER (0-6) POOR (6-12) BEST ECONOMY (12-21) DECELERATION (21-30)

There's articles online that go much more in depth about these gauges and the other indications they can give as far as tuning and engine health. My purpose is a means of comparing performance and economy when I do her 3.3 swap soon.

Edited by MY1PATH

anyways i finally went out and cranked up my drivers torsion bar...driver side is not liking being cranked up over 3", might need some new bars soon.. ill be building a custom front steel bumper soon so I could use some stiffer t-bars anyways.. did a driveway alignment.

also moved an exhaust clamp that wasnt sealing and tightened my drivers side exhaust header.. no more exhaust leaks!!

also set the timing, it was just eyeballed when i put the distributor back in recently. purring like a kitten now!

just need to find an EGR to put on my truck to pass emissions (then promptly take it back off once i pass) and the beast is ready to rock! almost there!

You "might" be able to pass without an egr. I passed with a non functioning one here in ontario. Barely, but it passed!

That all depends on the location, I'm in a part of California that is tighter than a ticks ass with the smog requirements but they have some leniency here since mypathfinder is an 88 with tbi, I have a funky egr valve that causes a weird bog and had to drop my idle below 750 to pass but I passed with flyring colors, it just all depends on the year and motor style

Used the rear drivers side wheel to rip the front corner off a 2007 honda civic.

Used it's amazing turn radius (not) to do a 3-point u-turn to follow the drunk driver in the civic that had hit me and fled the scene.

Used it's height to see over the Saturn in front of me so I could get the license plate of the civic.

Used it's size to block the civic in between a parked SUV and a tree about 3 miles from the accident

Used it's engine to heat the air inside and keep my son warm while I spoke with the police on scene

Used to crystal clear drivers side window to watch as the driver of the civic was taken away in handcuffs.

Used my BFG TA/KOs, as I drove home, to run over (multiple times) the body parts that were left at the accident scene

• Like 2

I looked at my truck with a bit of sadness. Suddenly a spark of light appeared when I realized the ground under her isn't covered in snow. Now that temps are getting closer to the melting point, the sooner I can give the ole girl some love.

Installed gas hood struts, loose prop stick :whistle: ...

Rancho used to make those in a kit, I installed a set on my friends Toyota way back, of course there was no listing for any Nissan's, as usual

Moved some of the parts in to the garage...

I sure miss it.

Get another one! P...

I took it out and washed it, prelude to waxing it and installing the Xterra rack. After years of neglect, it needs a good buffing or something... :unsure:

016.jpg

Am I glad my 88 is a Ca. pathy I ordered the pins and bushing for the tire carier today, and decided to tear it down it only took about 45 minutes to pull the carrier and knock out the pins and bushings. I did have a slight prob with last of the bushings

, but a 12 mm 3/8s socket and a 4 inch extension fit perfect to knock it out. After hearing some of the stories about frozen pins I was sweating it