What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I replaced the front brake pads. While I was removing the driver's side, the pads were stuck to the rotor. I had to pry them off and then they crumpled. I had noticed it would pull to the left while driving, and pull hard left when braking. I put the new pads on and tried to compress the pistons and one was seized. No matter how hard I tried it wouldnt budge, so I replaced that too. Now the truck stops great and hold a straight line and is smoother.

I replaced the front brake pads. While I was removing the driver's side, the pads were stuck to the rotor. I had to pry them off and then they crumpled. I had noticed it would pull to the left while driving, and pull hard left when braking. I put the new pads on and tried to compress the pistons and one was seized. No matter how hard I tried it wouldnt budge, so I replaced that too. Now the truck stops great and hold a straight line and is smoother.

There is nothing quite like that new part feeling.

Today I decided to launch into my tranny cooler/filter/gauge project, which then branched off to my oil filter relocation, which then lead to buying a new optima red top, a marine battery box and enough wire to relocate it to the rear of the truck.

None of that actually got done today mind you. For some reason starting one project multiplies into 3 others and they will get done when I have had enough of wrenching.

The good news is my tranny filter and oil filter get to share a bracket in the space my battery used to be.

Loaded it up to the roofline, loaded up the utility trailer with a freezer & drove 500 km. Ran like a champ, but I think my fan clutch is going.

Played in the pond with it. Damn things getting to deep for 35s. E-fan commited suicide so it got a little warm near the end. Guess I may pull the pressure washer out and decattail it.

Thought of parading it around town but the local 5-oh are a bunch of skin head pricks this year.

talked to the shop that's doing my engine install today.....ordering the VG30DE on the 12th and it will be in around thde 18-19th.....the installation will be done and I will be on the road again by the end of the month........

going from the 153hp stock to the 222 stock engine......after headers and cold air I should have about 250hp......

soon, very soon will have the SAS and then I will feel comfortable with that many more HP......I don't wanna start snapping sheit!!!!

Quite a lot actually..

Put on new tensioner and new belt for A/C

Recharged A/C

Put the skid plate back on after repainting.

Installed new EGR valve (new to me, anyway.)

Removed new EGR valve for cleaning.

It's been a long day, but it's getting to where it needs to be, and the heat has been extreme lately so i thought i should go ahead and get the A/C going again...

Quite a lot actually..

Put on new tensioner and new belt for A/C

Recharged A/C

Put the skid plate back on after repainting.

Installed new EGR valve (new to me, anyway.)

Removed new EGR valve for cleaning.

It's been a long day, but it's getting to where it needs to be, and the heat has been extreme lately so i thought i should go ahead and get the A/C going again...

It is getting really hot around here and my A/C doesnt work. It probably just need to be recharged but I am too cheap to buy the kit. Windows down works alright lol

talked to the shop that's doing my engine install today.....ordering the VG30DE on the 12th and it will be in around thde 18-19th.....the installation will be done and I will be on the road again by the end of the month........

going from the 153hp stock to the 222 stock engine......after headers and cold air I should have about 250hp......

soon, very soon will have the SAS and then I will feel comfortable with that many more HP......I don't wanna start snapping sheit!!!!

err, FYI this thread is called

"What did you do to your Pathfinder today?" not "What did you talk about doing to your Pathfinder today?"

if you havent noticed, there is a lot of talk about what one is going to do.. to their pathfinders.... ;)

speaking of, today i relized its been almost 3 weeks without mine! :(

another 500 klic trip fully loaded & with trailer. Glad I replaced all suspension bushings, shocks, progressive springs in rear, sway bar endlinks & poly endlink bushings....rides sooooo nice! Just needs more pulling power up those hills. Tranny stays nice & cool @ 180* with that external cooler too!

Got most of the square tubing cut for the roof rack and got the base welded, still trying to decide how i want to do the flooring, extruded or square tube, oh well thats going to be the last thing I do, get all the framework welded first and go from there

Drained and refilled my transmission. My experience was like most I've read on here. The fill plug wouldn't budge. I hammered, heated, repeat. Finally the sucker busted loose. Refilled with the required 5.1L of GL-4. Good for 100,000 more miles. Much quieter now, didn't realize the transmission was making noise before.

Today I replaced the lift struts for the rear gate. I also installed some Energy Suspension low profile bump stops under my UCA's.

I wanted to finish my tranny oil cooler + gauge + filter install, and my oil filter relocation done, but that will have to be another day.