What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Phew... another couple days working on the 300ZX... another hour and I will have finished the full 120k service. Timing belt, idler bearings, tensioner bearings, camshaft seals, water pump, thermostat and some blood from my hands! Just need to throw the accessory belts and the rad/fan/shroud and she is done! Almost ready for the road and then the pathy is getting some major work done. :)

• Like 1

Replaced rear shocks with KYB Gas-A-Justs. Really easy, took 30 minutes for the first side and 10 minutes for the other side. Also cleaned the drum brakes. I'll need to adjust and lubricate them soon as well. Brake dust is nasty!

20120612_180858.jpg

Installed newly fabbed bumper and used winch, then cranked the bars to get it back up to height... will post a picture shortly.

finished_frnt_bumper1.jpg

Went a little unconventional, whereas everyone else mounts their winch inside the bumper... I like being different haha.

Still trying to source parts for the drive line and solid swap... almost have everything lined up, missing some minor yet much needed small parts...going to be interesting...

Edited by tmoore4512

Picked up an 18000 BTU Trans cooler (with instal kit) from Autozone. Already have a cooler from a Dodge with the Cummins Turbo Diesel. Just waiting for Payday to pick up some ATF.

Pulled the skid plate off the front to see what kind of ugly I'm in for mounting the cooler.

Pulled the drives side lock that some fool tried to punch out (it takes longer to find a coathanger than it does to open the door with one!). Straightened the sheet metal around the lock. loosened up the wafers in the tumbler so that the lock actually turns now. Need to take a trip to the local pick a part to pick up a few more lock cylinders to rekey (the lip that the chrome ring seats on is broken on mine).

Pulled the factory Clarion stereo and Amp. No evidence of mickey mouse wiring :D

Found rust (and candy) under the rear passenger side seat. Heh, found factory tools too. Neat. Haven't had a set of those since my last Honda Motorcycle.

Pulled the never been used spare out of the back and found rocks and Kinder Surprise toys under it. Nice that there's room to toss a recovery strap (or my chains), booster cables and a small tool kit in behind the spare tire rack.

Took it in to Kal Tire for the mechanical inspection. Everything was good except the horn relay. They ordered the part, I came back the next day and they installed it for free and made the horn work.

While I'm at the pick a part I will look for a new headlight to replace the passenger side one with a hole in it.

Took the better part of a week to read all 118 pages of this thread.

Figured out how to post the pictures that I took for my "Daddy got a new pair of boots" thread.

72630657.jpg

Drivers side from the front. You can't really see it but there is rust in front of the wheel well from the bottom of the fender to the top of the arch. There is also a rust bubble erupting under the "e" in Pathfinder. Bumpers are a bit rusty too. Some idiot tried (unsuccessfully) to punch out the drivers side door lock. It takes longer to find a coathanger than it does to open the door with one.

72630663.jpg

A little patch of rust at the bottom rear of the rear wheel well.

72630670.jpg

Another rust patch on the fuel cap door. And a little bit in front of the rear wheel well, right down at the bottom.

72630676.jpg

This end is nice and minty still.

72630683.jpg

Of course there is rust under here. Mostly surface rust though. No holes rusted through the floor or the frame. Nice newish muffler.

72630692.jpg

The only flaw I could find in the interior.

I finally got around to getting my Mechanical inspection done for insurance. The only problem they found was a burnt out horn relay.

Put exhaust on it. The guy straight up pissed me off! I specifically said I wanted 2.5" and he stuck 2.25" on there, forgot to make the y-pipe (I fired it up and went what the fskc), then he got busier and had a minion do it who stuck the &^%*ing thing directly in front of where the front drive shaft needs to go. I don't know how many times I asked "you sure the drive shaft will fit?" I'm going back down tomorrow and we're going to have a talk... I'd love to keep bringin the guy business, but...

The Purple Hornie is already starting to burn out. It sounds way good I can definitely hear the natural tone and exhaust pulses from the headers. Still quiet but it'll louden up more. Headers > 2.5" pipe > Purple Hornie > dump after rear axle.

I like that tube bumper.

Get a 20 dollar Cherrybomb turbo/ glass pack. The new glass packs are diffrent from the old style that acutally has glass packing, these ones have baffles.

I did nothing to it, and I am content. I thought of playing monster truck but I didnt want to go and charge its battory up or even hook it up.

I put a 3"x 30" cherry bomb glass pack on my titan and it was loud! The drone was bad with the full pipe so I cut it right after the axle. It reduced the drone but made it even louder. Both me and my neighbors were glad when I put a 18" magnaflow on it with the full pipe again.

I'm still waiting on my pipes for my pathfinder. :(

James

PF wouldn't start when leaving work yesterday, starter was just spinning but not engaging, finally got it to start by shifting to neutral, don't know why it started in neutral but it did. Got home shut it off and it wouldn't start in park but it did in neutral, shut it off, restarted it 3 times in park !! ??, My buddy noticed a space between the top of the starter and the block so I tightened the top bolt. Of course it had to start pouring rain out right before I went under the truck !!, will see how it does today.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Finally got the xterra rack installed, just have to run to hardware store tomorrow to get some new allen head bolts and washers. Trimming the front mounts to clear the sunroof wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only mounting part left to do is to notch the front tubes so the metal bracket that the front mount bolts to is there. I have to make one of the metal parts as I must have misplaced one of them. Than it will be on to paint. Pics to follow.

Yesterday......I finished the 2 week school in North Dakota and drove back down to Missouri where the Pathy sat dead at the dealership.....rented a car haul trailer, bought a come-along and winched her up on the trailer and then drove at a high rate of speed until I finally parked in my driveway about 9 last night.....according to the dealership, the engine is seized.....now it's time to do the engine swap that I had on the horizon for about 6 months down the road......

Yesterday......I finished the 2 week school in North Dakota and drove back down to Missouri where the Pathy sat dead at the dealership.....rented a car haul trailer, bought a come-along and winched her up on the trailer and then drove at a high rate of speed until I finally parked in my driveway about 9 last night.....according to the dealership, the engine is seized.....now it's time to do the engine swap that I had on the horizon for about 6 months down the road......

VG30 or 33?

Finally took a close look at the rear frame rails on OlBlue. Not safe to drive, not sure there is enough to left to weld anything onto.

I had to use 2x2 squire tube on mine to connect the spring section to the bumper. People have complety welded frames from the front doors back.

I put a 3"x 30" cherry bomb glass pack on my titan and it was loud! The drone was bad with the full pipe so I cut it right after the axle.

James

Got a 2.5 x 26 on my 5.4 and I dont notice any drone at all. Above 2.5k it howls but at speed its as quite as the factory muffler.

When I had a vg I did notice a little drone in the cabin, not as much as some people say. But mine had true 2 inch pipe. The driver side passager foot well was always toasty though. The glass pack was a Thrush so that may have been the diffrence.

I moved mine from under a tree to the front yard so I could hose it off and then parked it under a diffrent tree. I think I'm gonna add a white stripe to break up the flat black/ gold a little more. Like a old mopar hockey stick stripe.

Finally got the xterra rack installed, just have to run to hardware store tomorrow to get some new allen head bolts and washers. Trimming the front mounts to clear the sunroof wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only mounting part left to do is to notch the front tubes so the metal bracket that the front mount bolts to is there. I have to make one of the metal parts as I must have misplaced one of them. Than it will be on to paint. Pics to follow.

I didn't put those metal brakets back on mine. I figured when I weight it down the brakets wern't doing anything anyway.

James

Today, picked up some washers but hardware store didn't have the bolts I wanted to use, had to re-do one of the rivnuts to a bigger size as the 1/4-20 one came loose and fell in, installed a 5/16" rivnut.

I cut the end of the tube in half, the part that I previously cut off the end of the front tube ( the one with the slots for those metal brackets), I put one half on each side of the roof rack tube to use as a guide to make those slots in the tube, was pretty easy to get the shape right using 2 different size drill bits and a file, bolted the front mounts onto the tubes. Removed both roof rack bars and the cross pieces and sanded them down and primed them, thinking of painting them a dark grey.

VG30 or 33?

gonna go with a VG30DE and I have a guy locally that is going to do the install for me for a very reasonable price. I will get a good many more horses and the engine that I found has approximately 35-45K on it.

Wow. Very low mileage.

Yeah, the mechanic that's gonna do the work for me showed me the site....he has gotten engines for other people there.....if you care to look at it, you can fine it here. I was shocked at the mileage and the cost of everything.....mechanic says he has had nothing but good luck with them.....we will see!!!