What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

what is the likely hood of an ignition coil going out? i am pretty sure my problem lies somewhere in the spark and or egr valve so im getting a timing light to check timing if thats messed up im going to change the distributor and go from there but i am thinking it may be the ignition coil as well. if neither of these fixes the problem i am back to square one and have no idea what to do.

Got the rear shocks replaced... :aok: ...looks like the PO had put some Gabriel stock replacements on there and they compressed and extended with very little pressure....I bet that the Rancho 5112s give me a lot better ride and a whole lot more flex!!!!! Now FEDEX just needs to hurry up with my CVs so I can go try all the new parts out!!!!!

oh sweet, i need to do an e fan on mine, did you buy a new one or take it off a donor truck? also how are you wireing it? i dont think i want it to run all the time so how could i get it to only turn on when i want it to?

worked on my steering wheel got the horn and cruise control to work as it should, removed the sunroof and took off theold weatherstripping I had installed on the glass to try and cut down the wind noise and installed new weatherstripping.

Wheels off a 1st gen xterra installed, painted black. UCAs come in contact with the inside of the wheel at full lock so I tried to grind down a small portion of the UCA. Helped a lot, but a little more material needs to come off. Trimmed some sheet metal off to gain clearance for the 33x10.50s to stuff. Found out one of the UCA bolts is stripped... Need to do the front brakes, idler arm, and replace the exhaust studs next weekend. Love the truck, always have an excuse to futz with something.

Cleaned steering wheel and parking brake handle and wiped down some other surfaces. Really could use a wash and vacuum. I got a growing list of other stuff to do too, and it's only getting hotter in Florida. :(

Finally finished my transfer case gears install. Been so busy over the last month. I kept seeing it sitting there while on my way out to somewhere else, hoping that I would remember how it all came apart. I hate leaving a job halfway through. Anyhow, glad it's done. It went pretty smooth other than removing the speedo sensor.

• Like 1

oh sweet, i need to do an e fan on mine, did you buy a new one or take it off a donor truck? also how are you wireing it? i dont think i want it to run all the time so how could i get it to only turn on when i want it to?

I used a fan from a 1994 Ford Taurus that I found at my local U Pull It....I scored it for $12.00 and this E-Fan Controller. It has a probe that goes into the fins of the radiator and is adjustable so you can set it to come on at whatever temp you want it to....it also has a line that goes to the A/C compressor so it comes on when the A/C is on. I wired mine up according to the included instructions and I have had absoloutely no problems and I love the swap!!!!!

The fan harness had three wires...they were labled + on one side and - on the other and the middle wire wasn't labled.....I didn't use the middle wire, as it is the low speed for the fan......As I said, I wired it according to the controller instructions and I have had no problems.

Just because I am curious, I also wired in an LED and mounted it on my dash so I know when the fan is on.....Some people also wire in a toggle switch to turn it completely off when they are doing water crossings.....

As for mounting the E-Fan to the radiator, I used this type of kit.....E-Fan mounting kit. I got mine at O'Reilleys for like 5-6 bucks......You should be able to get the kit at any autoparts store for about the same price.....

Good luck with your install....it's an easy one and one that a lot of people have done and like!!!!!

• Like 1

Changed out my transmission fluid and over filled it which went a lot faster than I had read it would, took me about 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish, re indexed the torsion bars 2 splines which took about 2 hours, removed the factory fender flares, now she sits level and looks great.

Almost got stranded at the junkyard. PF has been starting fine since I replaced the starter than today when leaving the junkyard I could hear the starter spinning but I guess the bendix got stuck, luckily another PF owner that was looking for parts had just pulled in and came over to ask me what year mine was and he turned the key as I gently smacked the side of the starter a few times until the bendix engaged.

Drove home, stopped at post office was afraid to shut the truck off but I did and it started fine. Went home shut it off was on my way up to another post office, PF started right up. shut it off at PO, came out it started right up, went to hardware store, came out and it did the same thing, starter was spinning but bendix didn't engage. I rocked the truck once and it started right up. Got back home shut it off and started it twice no problem.

After putting my sentra back together I checked the rear windshield washer pump on the PF, had power at the harness but pump did not work, removed the pump from the truck, hooked it up to my power supply still wouldn't work. Took the bottom off and removed the rubber impellar and shaft was stuck, turned it a couple times with a pliers, hooked it back up to power supply and it went Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, !! LOL, put it back together, put a short piece of hose on the inlet and stuck it into a bottle of water and that sucker was pumping like crazy !!, reinstalled it in the truck and it now works again.

side note weatherstripping I put on the sunroof glass yesterday seems to be working, didn't hear any wind noise from sunroof today.

Also washed all the love bugs off the front end.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Fedex delivered my CVs......got them both installed......I think it took a total of about 15 minutes to get them back in with the wife hitting the brakes for me....

On the removal and install, I didn't remove the brakes or tie rod......I just set the frame on a jack stand and let the lower control arm down and/or up with the jack......really very easy!!!

Also got the front shocks on after the CVs went on......finally done for a while!!!!!

Now time to go play....going to Louisiana Mudfest on Memorial Day weekend!!!!!

Pulled a mint 95 pathy steering box with zero play from the junkyard and finally got my missing front skid guard both for 50$. Cleaned em up and blasted em with some black tremclad rust paint. Ready to go on today. :)

Phew... Installed the new steering box... Went to put on newly acquired front skidplate and realised every single one of the 6 bolts has been snapped off lol... time to bust out the drill and tap... sigh. Steering feels amazing now with lower mile 95 pathy steering box and 2wd hardbody steering setup with oem steering damper. Tomorrow is new spare tire carrier bushings and fitting front skid plate...alignment friday and wheeling this weekend!!

My rear end was getting noisy and I was way overdue, so I changed the front and read differential fluids and the transfer case fluid. I had some leftoer fluid from the subaru so I got under the truck and went to work.

There was a little sludge buildup on both the drain plugs and an acceptable amount of metal flakes on the rear drain plug magnet for 210,000 miles....So I am happy.

Both fluids were near black and nasty. Front was very thick and rear was very thin and didnt have a very strong 'gear oil smell' I was way overdue to change them! (i know better)

Washed & waxed....then installed front drive shaft :aok: . Had to go test it out, right :lol: ? Took it back into the woods on an ATV trail, wound up bending the outer tie rods LOL. Limped it home and ordered replacements. I'll swap them after work tomorrow night :headwall:

Phew... Installed the new steering box... Went to put on newly acquired front skidplate and realised every single one of the 6 bolts has been snapped off lol... time to bust out the drill and tap... sigh. Steering feels amazing now with lower mile 95 pathy steering box and 2wd hardbody steering setup with oem steering damper. Tomorrow is new spare tire carrier bushings and fitting front skid plate...alignment friday and wheeling this weekend!!

Now you can drill them out to a larger size that won't snap off so easy. I'm going to do that to mine just because they are rusty.

My rear end was getting noisy and I was way overdue, so I changed the front and read differential fluids and the transfer case fluid. I had some leftoer fluid from the subaru so I got under the truck and went to work.

There was a little sludge buildup on both the drain plugs and an acceptable amount of metal flakes on the rear drain plug magnet for 210,000 miles....So I am happy.

Both fluids were near black and nasty. Front was very thick and rear was very thin and didnt have a very strong 'gear oil smell' I was way overdue to change them! (i know better)

Yea my rear end gets noisy some time too, depends on what I eat!

James

Got my spare tire carrier pins and bushings today. Getting ready for putting them in tomorrow as well as welding some captive nuts to the custom brackets I made to fit the carrier on my non-carrier truck. Fishings nuts on the back is just a pain and was a temporary solution. Also going to try and drill and tap some bigger front skidplate plate bolts. Then alignment at 1:00 and wheeling this weekend!

I was driving home from work today and felt a warm bit of air on my leg, I reached down towards the floor and felt that it was pretty warm. I checked to see if the heater was on, it was not. I reached back down and the floor was warm to the touch. I put my hand under the floor mat and felt hot air, I slid my hand a little further and went into a hole. When I got home I pulled the floor mat out and there was 2 holes melted in the carpet. I took a look under the truck and saw that right by the y-pipe the floor was rotting away. There is no heat shield above that part of the exhaust and it is f@&$ing up my floor. Has anyone else ever encounter this?