What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Installed a bunch of stuff I've been collecting over the winter.....EBC Brakes & Rotors, Calipers, Braided Extended Brakelines, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Front Stabilizer Links, Both Ball Joints, Replaced Both OEM Baffle Plates & Replaced a couple of bad wheel studs and lug nut. Installed Camber Alignment Bolts.

Nunya, you should tell people that you only change your oil once a year or it is false advertising... ;)

B

I change it twice a year thank you verry much and will end up pushing m fair weather one a little early since I pulled the filter for easier starter removal so I got my core ready for the new ones arrival

took drivers side tire off to try and find my clunk when i turn or change directions.... :/ found my drivers side wheel bearing is bad or worn... top nad bottom of spindle move in and out... could that be my clunk?? my Bj's are fine. tension rod is tight... uca/lca's dont SEEM to move...

pulled the passenger shock and axle shaft in preparation for the new ones....started to take the starter off and found that I can't break the bolts loose with 3/8.....had to stop and go handle some business with my son.....came back home tired....bolted upper BJ back up and rolled her out of the garage.....passenger axle shaft came out easily....will take out starter tomorrow morning as well as the driver side axle shaft....

Tomorrow, new CV axles, shocks, upper BJs and starter!!!!! Nothing is gonna get in my way tomorrow!!!!!

I wish they gave tickets for exhaust around here... I live next to a cop who's got a straight-piped Dodge diesel that rattles windows. :/

I left the lights on... again. :doh: I'm considering re-wiring the headlight switch to the ignition... on the bright side, the check valve hasn't buzzed once since I WD'd it. :D

Also, Buckryp, dunno if I did it right, but I pulled out the upper valve of the EGR (don't remember offhand which is the EGR and which is the BPT), shot a little WD in there, and worked it around until it quit sticking... between that and patching the rotted-out hose that hooked it to the exhaust, the truck seemed to find a missing cojone or two. :) I didn't pull the other half, as it looked like a PITA...

Edited by Slartibartfast

i tried to tighten my wheel bearings today... got as far as...... NO WHERE. couldnt find the right allen/hex key to take the auto hub off! :/

got the starter out......holy sheit is that a gigantic PITA!!!!! two auto parts stores to get the starter.....store one says in their computer that they had the starter and 2 CV axles......they had neither....store number two had the starter so I got it and two upper BJs.....finally got home and ordered the CV axles from Rock Auto. Also, Fedex brought me my new Ranchos.....hopefully, in a few days she will be back on the road.....

it's an auto....I had the axle shaft out cuz I'm replacing both of them so I had a place to get a hand through.....and no on the oil filter...it didn't even hit on it, it was that frickity frackity bracket that kept getting hung on everything......I am too tired tonight to fool with it tonight so I am gonna hit it first thing after coffee in the morning

i only asked because i found it easier to remove my oil filter and bring it GEAR DRIVE up first through the side of the engine in the engine bay... :) plus, i needed an oil change anyway.

Edit: the bracket/sheild on the starter?

i took that off too

Edited by Kyle94

I just did an oil change before the starter died and with my headers, it won't fit through there....no body lift yet.....I read everything on here with starter in the post be fore I tackled it. All in all, it probably 30 minutes to get it out, but it sure did seem like longer.....

i dont have a body lift. :lmao: and i came out fine without the oil filter. :D took me that long after i figured out how i was gonna get the money for the oil change stuff!

lets see, 87 5spd no body lift. starter 2 bolts and a plug, came out and back in in about 10 min. unbolted and pulled it straight out the front :lmao:

Went too the gas station in it, I got my first ticket ever, for loud exhaust. Also got bitched at for it being too high (bumper to ground, mn is 28inchs) lack of fender flares, expired tabs, unreadable plates, lack of amber colared turn signals and lack of bumpers.

Do you have a picture of your truck? Hard luck man.

got the starter back in in about 10 minutes from hooking up wires to crank time!!!!! :aok: and after a trip to Harbor Freight for a ball joint separator, got the right upper BJ changed!!! Now it's a trip to town with the better half......but when I return, gonna get the left axle shaft out, replace the left BJ and put on rear shocks!!!!! I figure no need to put the new front shocks on till I get the new CVs in.....no since in double work!!!!!

• Like 1

Do you have a picture of your truck? Hard luck man.

yeah, but only of it stock. There on the members page and in a few threads. I'm on Dial up so its a hassles to up load pics since facebook up-graded and photo bucket has never worked for me.

sounds like a few projects are coming along well, how much are the cv shafts on rock auto? i need a new driver side.

yeah,, things are coming together nicely.....I just wish I could get all this little stuff done so I can start saving for the new engine and SAS......I got both for 117.30 shipped......they were 44.79 a piece....

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy