What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Finally got around to the timing belt. Not as bad as I thought. Fixed a couple other annoying rattles. Just can't find the rattle in the dash. Turn the music up louder and it goes away.

box2.jpgbox1.jpg

box3.jpg

I built a speaker box today. I'm going to wire it tomorrow.

Did you measure about how much space the box is? Just curious in case I want to go that way.

I pulled my air cleaner off and adjusted the TPS on my VG34i. Now the funky little surge when coasting down a long hill is gone once again. :)

Wow...lots done today... Started off by modifying and reinforcing the rear of my frame to move my steel bumper up 3" to match my body lift(finally) and made custom brackets to make it all work....

welded on 2 nuts on the passenger side of the frame to accept my steering damper pin for when i switch to the 2wd steering setup which mounts the damper to the opposite side of the truck....

bent out the pigtails on a pair of yellow tag ZJ grand cherokee v8 springs, they now sit at a cool 19" with the pigtail expanded..

then a buddy came over and we replaced the steering rack in his R50...along with the tie rods and aligned it.

i can't believe how much got done in my front yard today! haha

Edited by Nefarious

Went to Louisiana Mudfest......and I just thought I was crazy.......take a look at www.louisianamudfest.com

The last three years I've been wanting to go check that out. A guy I work with has a hunting camp close by there. Was trucks gone wild there this year too?

James

The last three years I've been wanting to go check that out. A guy I work with has a hunting camp close by there. Was trucks gone wild there this year too?

James

Yeah, they were there.......I didnt get too close to the big pits because I dont have enough rubber......I did see some of the trucks and they are scary big.......

On another note, I was following a full size dodge who was having a whole lot of trouble and I just putted along with no problems......

We need to try to link up one weekend......they are open every weekend......

James

They do have places to park fifth wheels.......you could camp out in that new hotel on wheels

Yeah, they were there.......I didnt get too close to the big pits because I dont have enough rubber......I did see some of the trucks and they are scary big.......

On another note, I was following a full size dodge who was having a whole lot of trouble and I just putted along with no problems......

We need to try to link up one weekend......they are open every weekend......

I watched my buddy's video from over there. When a truck with tractor tires as tall as me gets stuck and someone pulls him out in three separate pieces I don't want anything to do with that mud hole. So I wouldn't even bring my pathy so I wouldn't get tempted after too much liquid courage!

My weekends stay booked up lately that’s why I couldn't make it. Working 55 to 60 hours a week and sometimes saturday too doesn't leave time for much else especially when your old and need sleep. It was so much easier when I didn't need to sleep!

James

I watched my buddy's video from over there. When a truck with tractor tires as tall as me gets stuck and someone pulls him out in three separate pieces I don't want anything to do with that mud hole. So I wouldn't even bring my pathy so I wouldn't get tempted after too much liquid courage!

My weekends stay booked up lately that’s why I couldn't make it. Working 55 to 60 hours a week and sometimes saturday too doesn't leave time for much else especially when your old and need sleep. It was so much easier when I didn't need to sleep!

James

I understand on the sleep thing....I gots to have my daily nap!!!! Yeah I saw pics of a truck with 72" tires and you couldn't see the back tires....I just had fun on the main road riding around and seeing all the muddy bikini tops and a few times, lack there of.....I will go back and play once I get everything setup the way I want it......and there are lots of areas to play in that we can get in and have fun without the entire Pathy disappearing in the holes.....there will definitely be more to follow on this topic!!!!!

Wasn't to my Pathy, but I feel like sharing anyway!

Put an MSD 6A-L in my s12, got it with a 6000 rpm rev limiter, but Mr.510 had a 3000rpm limiter, so I plopped it in to mess around with it. Here's the resulting video

Edited by silverton

replaced radiator that had a crack in the top tank near upper hose with a new one. replaced upper and lower rad hoses and both heater hoses. took it out for test drive after all was done and odo turned over 325,000 miles

Kicked it..........f**kin' auto hub started grinding away doing 60 km/h after needing 4wd to pull my boat out up the ramp, tide was out and was below the seaweed belt. If it's not one thing its another with this money pit...........same story with my wife, BUT I still love both of 'em.

Edited by TugboatTony

That means they are sticking, clean them and lube them with a bit of light grease and they should be fine. If the grease is too thick they will engage on their own in the cold months.

Edited by adamzan

That means they are sticking, clean them and lube them with a bit of light grease and they should be fine. If the grease is too thick they will engage on their own in the cold months.

I'm gonna just go with manuals

Did a little spring cleaning in the garage over the weekend and found a pair of forgotten Rancho RS99116 shocks that came off my Jeep project. Took off the JKS bar pin eliminators and stud conversions and cleaned them up a bit. Checked dimensions and thinking about mounting them on the rear of my '99...maybe this weekend when I fiddle with my custom HDPE strut spacers.