What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Pulled the fluttering EGR valve, lubed it up, replaced a section of dryrotted vac line and taped up a hole in the exhaust pressure tube. I'll see if that quieted it down, or if I need to remove/clean the other valve as well.

In my process of slowly buying new replacement parts, I got some sway bar bushings. The rectangular ones with the dome shape on top. I knew this wouldn't make a WHOLE lot of difference, but they were cheap, and I thought it would be some easy fun.

I got everything off and my old bushings looked...almost better than the new ones. I could tell they were a little bit aged and cracking a little bit, but they weren't worn at all and are bigger than the new ones.

I put the new ones on, and I'm a little concerned with a gap, here's why 2012-04-08151307.jpg

I don't like that gap at all. I know it's probably not a big deal, but it doesn't look like it should be there.

Here's Old vs. new

2012-04-08151139.jpg

What's this little bracket on my steering bar? Does it have anything to do with those brackets on the bottom of my oil pan?

2012-04-08151319.jpg

I also bought some upper control arm bushings. Mine are completely...blown, demolished, crushed. How easy are they to change? I tried changing my tie rod, but I kinda need two jacks to relieve tension on the tie rod. Is the control arm like this at all?

One thing I noticed when I candied one set of tails solid red, I lost alot of usefulness of the reverse light illumination at night. Might be a thought for you.

if i were to tint my lights out i would leave the reverse light clear... :) looks good though!

BTW Koveman, what tires on ON your truck?? :) i like them.

Edited by Kyle94

if i were to tint my lights out i would leave the reverse light clear... :) looks good though!

BTW Koveman, what tires on ON your truck?? :) i like them.

I plan on installing a reverse light on the bumper. I bought the tires from Big O. They are just called "Mud Claw Radial M/T". I have seen them branded by Sigma and Wild Country. They have performed perfectly on all surfaces and that really surprised me. I have run them in mud, rocks, sand and snow and they have done as well or better than any other tires that I have used. They are a little loud, but they are a mud tire. If I had know how well they would perform I would have dropped the extra cash and picked up a matching spare.

• Like 1

cool. ill keep them in mind (if they still make them) when its time for new tires! :)

today i drove it... barely. yesterday i took my senior photos with it after washing and waxing it on friday! got much lovin' this weekend!

I assembled my MPFI conversion in the driveway and spread out the wire harness in the grass. Sitting in the sun I picked through wires and how to run them cleaning up the harness as I go and re-routing things in a way that works better for the Pathy intake.

Holy crap that VG34 has some power! The only thing I ever saw loose traction at 60 mph was my Dad's dodge cummins with a banks power pack on it. You gonna need a new trans soon!

Now your making me want to leave the throttle body on mine. What kind of fuel mileage has that VG34 been getting?

James

It didn't break loose, just surprised me that it downshifted to 2nd at that speed and revved so much higher than ever before. This seems to have been a one-time thing as it will not repeat it now. I'm already running a RE4R01A-HD trans from an '01 Xterra.

Today I changed my oil and filter, ran a vacuum line into the truck to get some WOT vacuum readings, advanced the timing a whole bunch to 17.5 degrees BTDC, did mulitple 0-60 runs against the stopwatch with different tweaks, and removed the air cleaner housing inlet restrictor that I put in to duplicate the stock pressure drop across the housing when I was first having trouble with the injection. With no other changes going from the stock size opening to the 3" tube that connects to my cowl it dropped from 13.1 seconds to 12.5 seconds 0-60mph on 33" KOs with 160 pounds of ballast (Dennis) in the passenger's seat and a full tank of fuel. Now Dennis' S12 SE-V6 is quicker off the line (expected, much lighter!) but my Pathy pulls away slowly if we both get on it from 25mph or so. Also, if it's in 2nd or 3rd at 25mph and I punch it the trans instantly drops to 1st gear and both rear tires break loose but only enough that you can feel them hook back up half a second later. (The rear is currently fully locked.) It's going to be interesting to swap a set of my 31s onto this thing to see how quick it is and what sort of traction problems it has. :lol:

have not done it yet, but needed to order some parts for my sentra from rockauto so figured I would get some parts for the pathfinder, I have a O2 sensor and tranny filter coming. Hopefully mileage will go up a little with a new O2 sensor installed and after changing the trans filter and filling with new fluid maybe trans will shift better from 1-2.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Did a shop floor toe-and-go allignment, eye-balling it. Didnt do too bad since now the steering wheel is strait for the first time in years

from

7354c39a.jpg

to

527a40f4.jpg

something else to get used to now...

With 235s I'll I'd have is tire smoke! :lol:

Are you running 4.90s in your rig? If not, that is probably why the 31s are quicker off the line. Nice work, nevertheless. I, for one, am envious.

Are you running 4.90s in your rig? If not, that is probably why the 31s are quicker off the line. Nice work, nevertheless. I, for one, am envious.

I've got 4.625 gears but would like 4.9s, sort of. Gotta think about that a minute now. 33s slow a Pathy down a seriously depressing amount on the street. But I've decided to go back to 31x10.5s for street use since I now have separate sets of street and trail rubber. Only one time have I ever wanted more power or lower gears off road with the Pathy: When pulling siverton's Pathy off a rock the size of a refrigerator. That was the hardest I've ever beaten any of my wheeling trucks and I'm kinda surprised I didn't break something, besides both motor mounts. With the automatic and a monster cooler it'll climb anything and I never use more than half throttle unless I'm pulling someone.

I say go with some 205/75/r15 studded whitewalls :shrug:

Oh yeah! Sparking burnouts at night FTW! :aok:

Edited by Mr.510