What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

James, putting that hulking mass of a transmission back into a Pathy seriously isn't a 1-man job. If you get some help, it would only take a few hours.

Seriously! Suckers are heavy and the weak floppy dick Horrible Freight transmission jacks aren't really up to the task. If you dismount the transfer case and you do have one of those crappy jacks, please make sure that sucker is secured very tightly. It's awkward as hell and will roll/flip right off the jack. I about landed one right on my hand on super rough asphalt, got it out of the way in the nick of time.

Mounted up a steering stabilizer setup... Monroe shock 55$, Nissan oem steering pin 19$, Lordco hardware to mount it all 3$. Total of 77$. So happy with it! Drives like a full size now with the 33x12.5 tires and 15x10 steel rims..

Mine cost me $21 in Baton Rouge. :tongue: Course if I count in the gas my titan burned to go over there and get it I probably paid more than you.

I wish you lived closer, I could help you mod and mount that, then you could help me put the trans back in mine! :D I stop and look at it every day but it still hasn't moved on it's own.

James

I will be on leave from 13 Apr - 30 Apr....Maybe I can come down there and help you on the last weekend of the month....I will just have to see what is happening....you are only about 3 hours from me!!!

Almost knocked myself out on my track bar bracket while doing work on rear axle. Second time today, now have a huge bump on my head. When I caught my breath, I grabbed a sawzall and cut it off. Tired of running into that thing. I don't need it anyway. :headwall:

IMG_20120331_154324.jpg

Your SE doesnt have these already?

Yeah, after writing that and driving to work I remembered mine has them already DUH !!

I finally moved my xterra rack outside my shed as every time I was in there working on something I had to keep moving it.

Today, used the PF to help my step daughter move, it was def squatting down in the back!, also filled the tank at $3.87 for $63, tomorrow going to rig up a magnetic latch for that damn console lid that keeps popping open.

I replaced the big thing on the right with the little thing in the middle and its label in on the left if you want to do it too...

DSCF5453.jpg

More info in the garage "HOW TO: Clutch Damper Bypass"

I tried to level the front of my T93 only to find out the drivers T-bar is maxed out. so I guess I will have to re- index those...

Lots to do on the new pathy but at least worrying about the tranny is not on that list.

not all today but the last couple weekends i've re carpeted front to back , found & fixed an oil leak (drivers valve cover gasket) , s/h 15*7 80 series performance alloys and new 31 10.5 r15's, removed pin striping, cut, polished & color waxed, new wd21 round center console, fresh oil and k@n oil filter . next round: to do: front d and stabeliser link bushes front and rear kyb shocks, radius bushes rear d bushes and front wheel bearings :)

not all today but the last couple weekends i've re carpeted front to back , found & fixed an oil leak (drivers valve cover gasket) , s/h 15*7 80 series performance alloys and new 31 10.5 r15's, removed pin striping, cut, polished & color waxed, new wd21 round center console, fresh oil and k@n oil filter . next round: to do: front d and stabeliser link bushes front and rear kyb shocks, radius bushes rear d bushes and front wheel bearings :)

what is "color wax"?

got home and put all the insides back together in preparation for the windshield guy to get here tomorrow.....test fitted the X-Rack and the dents in the front of the roof from the rollover wont let the front feet sit flat... :thumbsdown: ...now I gotta work on the dents before I can get the dang rack mounted

what is "color wax"?

what is "color wax"?

just a old paint restoring thing works quite well , got some on sale t repco (white and blue) quite impressed with the white on the old 96 pulsar not so great on the pathy but still better than what it was.

James, putting that hulking mass of a transmission back into a Pathy seriously isn't a 1-man job. If you get some help, it would only take a few hours.

I end up doing a lot of jobs by myself that I should have help with. I will take the transfer case off to put it back, should be easier. Usually with aluminum case transmissions I remove and put them back in by hand. It beats fighting with a jack. This one seams really heavy or I'm just getting to old. I'll see when I get back on it.

James

Radiator developed a crack in top plastic tank. Bought replacement rad and hoses from rockauto. Drained, flushed, and filled cooling system with water until I get around to replacing rad and hoses. Replaced windshield washer pump. Took apart rear window washer pump and cleaned gunk out of it so it works again. Removed pass. door speaker pending replacement. Bought 4 shocks, project for another day.

had the windshield replaced and got a new inspection sticker.......put on the X-Racks and admired them.....now it is raining and I refuse to go out there and take them off so I can sand and paint them......hopefully it will stop sometime during my nap and I can get to them this evening!!!!!

I re-indexed the T bars on the 93 because the driver side was maxed out and not level. I need to do the passenger one again because I turned it too far and so the adjuster hangs too low.

The Adjuster bolts were pretty beat up, I looks like someone took a rattle gun to them a few times without removing the jamb nut. Probably happened when the transmission or clutch was changed.

Also checked the speedometer gear to be sure it was the right one for my Gear and Tire combo. Here Is my collection of gears.

th_SpedoGears.jpg

And here is some Data I put together for others about what to use for each Gear and Tire combo.

th_SpedoGearData.jpg

Edited by MY1PATH

There was a rust hole forming in my passenger door, at the bottom corner. Being I have not just 1, but 2 spare doors per side I decided to patch the one on him. Now I need paint...