What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Looks GOOD!!!

Building drawer number one...

IMAG0185.jpg

I never build drawers like that. If you have any weight at all, one good tug on the drawer front will pull it off. Better still to run a rebate, glue it up, and pin it from the sides & bottom. That'll do ya!

I think I am just gonna drill some holes and knot some nylon rope for drawer pulls....any other ideas on the drawer pulls???

Drill a couple 1" holes and just use finger pulls?

Cut out a shape like: -\____/- that fits your hand?

Drill two 1" holes 5" apart and use a jigsaw to join them up? Kinda like this: (______) Although my 'puter only lets me make the bottom like.

Thank you!!!!! I have done the best I could with what I have.....I built a 28X28 deck for a friend a year ago and fried both my table saw and chop saw so all this was done with a circular saw and jig saw....

Each drawer is on 60# medium duty sliders so I don't think weight will be a problem and the 4-2 5/8" screws holding the face on should keep them from coming off...

yeah, I just thought I would drill some holes and knot rope on the backsides to make something different from all the others I have seen, however, the notch on the top sounds like a good idea too....

Next adventure is a heavy duty slider on the other side to put the spare/backup/extra battery and air compressor on.....the slide out will make working on the stuff easier....oh, and a door for that compartment with a piece that covers the center line of the drawers so they don't come open or move when they are not supposed to!!!

Pulled a bunch of belts off, put them back on, scratched my head at the weird little resonator pipe hooked to the airbox, and wondered about a squeak in the driver's front suspension... and rebuilt my computer fan rig that keeps the car cool when I park in the sun.

Finally picked up a code reader today. Got the P1440 code (EVAP leak code). I traced a faint gas smell from the carbon canister area after stoping the engine. Guess I'll start there when I get the motivation to blast the area with my pressure washer as it is completely encased with red South Carolina clay. :thumbsdown:

Finally picked up a code reader today. Got the P1440 code (EVAP leak code). I traced a faint gas smell from the carbon canister area after stoping the engine. Guess I'll start there when I get the motivation to blast the area with my pressure washer as it is completely encased with red South Carolina clay. :thumbsdown:

did you have a check engine light on?

Replace your gas cap with a new OEM one to start with.

I replaced my radiator, bolted on Lego set number 2 with new Swamper Radials, and took it to Elbe to 'paint' these parts and the new exhaust to match:

2012-03-25_21-57-43_65.jpg

:lol:

Went to pickapart with the Grandson for some Honda parts for his car and while there found a 97 Infinit QX4 snagged the center console and the lighted sun visors for the 88, now I have to go back and get the shift quadrant It sits higher then the 88s. It's a tight fit and I had to trim out for the seatbelts and move the Pbrake over also the pbrake was hitting the rear cup holders so I removed them they were broken anyway, also had to modify the pbrake for clearance.

Will take pics when I install the quadrant next week.

Also had to enlarge the hole for the sunvisors and drill new mounting holes, they are double visors if you move the main one to the door position there is a smaller one that can come done for the windshield

Edited by vagabond

Went to pickapart with the Grandson for some Honda parts for his car and while there found a 97 Infinit QX4 snagged the center console and the lighted sun visors for the 88, now I have to go back and get the shift quadrant It sits higher then the 88s. It's a tight fit and I had to trim out for the seatbelts and move the Pbrake over also the pbrake was hitting the rear cup holders so I removed then they were broken anyway, also had to modify the pbrake for clearance.

Will take pics when I install the quadrant next week.

Also had to enlarge the hole for the sunvisors and drill new mounting holes, they are double visors if you move the main one to the door position there is a smaller one that can come done for the windshield

Hey vaga, what pickapart did you go to? I'm in Irvine area & need some parts. A QX4 will do.

That's a great fit and black! Do you have the brand name? I've got ugly blue Rubbermaid that just isn't a right fit...to tall and not as long. Does it say " storage trunk"(brand name?) Where did you buy it?

Yes, it does say Storage Trunk by Superbox on it. I got it at BigLots for a whole whopping $20. I have a thread about rear storage options I have more detail in. I will post the link to the thread.

Here ya go...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32543

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Yes, it does say Storage Trunk by Superbox on it. I got it at BigLots for a whole whopping $20. I have a thread about rear storage options I have more detail in. I will post the link to the thread.

Here ya go...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32543

O.K thanks. I don't have a BigLots around but I keep an eye out for them elsewhere. Yes I have Rubbermaid totes and milk crates and other ugly stuff. Just like the black and the size. I do home renovations and interior painting and am constantly changing my cargo. If I could get 1/2 dozen of these they would morning load up a lot simpler.

Edited by kdj

Hey vaga, what pickapart did you go to? I'm in Irvine area & need some parts. A QX4 will do.

it was the 1off of the 60 on Pyrite in Riverside there was ony 1 pathy there and the QX4

the Ontario 1 had 3 pathys but nothing newer then 03, I've never had any luck at the San Bernadino 1. I was at Monrovia 2 weeks ago and they had 1 pathy that was pretty well stripped.

What do you need?

I took the '93 pathfinder to 'my mechanic' to have the brakes checked and the brake fluid flushed and replaced. Brakes are fine.

The shop changed the oil and oil filter--something I had not requested. In the process, the mechanic emptied the Mobil 1 extended performance 5W30 oil and replaced it with Castrol Dino oil.

I should either find a new mechanic or start doing some of these things myself.......

Edited by westslope

I made a temporary cup holder while in the work of making nicer ones.

IMG-20120328-00510.jpg

I was told a soup can fits a cup well..... It does

IMG-20120328-00513.jpg

This was the only spare metal I had laying around, it was to support the maf, but I had a better one made.

IMG-20120328-00515.jpg

It hooks on the bottom of the driver seat and sits between my legs perfectly. Bordem can be fun.

Had the timing belt/tensioner and water pump done today, and replaced 2 ball joints. My T-belt tensioner had a small groove worn into it from T-Belt. and it was little out of time, but now its ready to ROCK.

AHHHHH! The receipt has my name!!!

Today.... i almost ran into three cars within 20feet... :O i would have been devastated.... but right now, i could use the money that it would be totaled out with... to buy a new one of course... lol nah. just kidding. i would never wish that on this pathfinder, its my favorite one!!!

Port matching my lower manifold to my intake spacer.

All the ports had 0.045"-.075" to be removed to match. But one of them needed about 0.100" removed.

After matching the opening, the area below needed to be blended to prevent narrow spots and or wide spots. So basically the entire port was opened up some for the purpose of maintaining contour.

Lastly all cracks, seams, grooves, bumps, casting flash and tool marks were removed using an 80 grit flap wheel.

PortMatchSpacer.jpg

• Like 1

It is X Rack time for Elizabeth!!!!!! :jig:

was in Alexandria for drill and went to visit the local U Pull It and lo and behold.......

IMAG0196.jpg

and the receipt...... :aok:

IMAG0197.jpg

will get to this next weekend.....more pics to follow!!!!!

Mine cost me $21 in Baton Rouge. :tongue: Course if I count in the gas my titan burned to go over there and get it I probably paid more than you.

I wish you lived closer, I could help you mod and mount that, then you could help me put the trans back in mine! :D I stop and look at it every day but it still hasn't moved on it's own.

James

• Like 1

Mine cost me $21 in Baton Rouge. :tongue: Course if I count in the gas my titan burned to go over there and get it I probably paid more than you.

I wish you lived closer, I could help you mod and mount that, then you could help me put the trans back in mine! :D I stop and look at it every day but it still hasn't moved on it's own.

James

James, putting that hulking mass of a transmission back into a Pathy seriously isn't a 1-man job. If you get some help, it would only take a few hours.