What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

You know what works better is replacing the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Then you won't have a "tired" ignition system. It's maintenance.

I just did the plugs..the rest will be coming soon.

This is the grill I got off the 87.....gonna use it to swap out and confuse people.....

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

finished as much of the storage box in the cargo area....looked at it and studied and pondered on how I am gonna put some kind of drawer system in there...

cleaned all the trash out and vacuumed the whole thing out....

fixed an exhaust leak on the pathy.... and just sneaking it in here cause I can but replaced the spark plugs and maf on my 1990 300ZX, just waiting for the battery to charge before i try and fire her up for the first time!!!! :D:D:D

went to JY and got a new center for the steering wheel and new taillight. While I was there they set fire to a van trying to cut the cat off. Then I picked up my new torque arms. They are not cheap $88 for both. Maybe I can talk the bank (wife) into letting me get new sway bars soon.

photobucket-6648-1332447834194.jpg

Edited by jwmyers23

Oil change, tires rotated. Then did the cap and rotor...... Had a heart attack when the engine no longer worked. Had to grab the new rotor and spin in back about 5-10 degrees, such a little move made it start. Then drank.

I actually drove mine 3 days in a row to work and still have a little gas left !!. Picked up a pair of Bose 901's for a guy at work and used the PF to bring them to work to give to the guy, first day after being on call and returning my F-550 utility truck drove PF home, second day took the speakers to work but we got stuck working late so I missed him, yesterday finally gave him the speakers. AC is not working in my sentra and took out the sub box to re-do it so drove the PF. Sentra today as PF is about out of gas. This weekend will be installing the new trans mount maybe cleaning it.

LOL. I love how you operate.

$3 part now, $200 part next week.

Hell, the PCV valve has been sitting in the garage for a while...I was cleaning my work area last night and found it and figured why not put it in... :shrug:

My wife picks on me about my mechanical ADD....I will be doing something and see something else and stop and do it and then go back to my original task.....

Went to Princess Auto, found a pair of 5x7 speakers in their surplus section. Merta brand. Original fitment for Pathfinders to '95(so it says on the pkg...mine were Clarions). 2.99 each! I had just replaced my doors with some decent sounding component JVCs, and could hear that my rears were frapping out. Hell, for 7 bux I thought why not try 'em out? SEVEN bucks!!! ...unbelievable......

Mounted me up a new storage box...

rearbox004.jpg

That's a great fit and black! Do you have the brand name? I've got ugly blue Rubbermaid that just isn't a right fit...to tall and not as long. Does it say " storage trunk"(brand name?) Where did you buy it?

Edited by kdj

Oil change, tires rotated. Then did the cap and rotor...... Had a heart attack when the engine no longer worked. Had to grab the new rotor and spin in back about 5-10 degrees, such a little move made it start. Then drank.

You worried me so much I had a symPATHY drink. Glad you got it going.

That's a great fit and black! Do you have the brand name? I've got ugly blue Rubbermaid that just isn't a right fit...to tall and not as long. Does it say " storage trunk"(brand name?) Where did you buy it?

Label looks like it says "Storage Trunk by Superbox". maybe Google will turn up something.

Got my new blinkers mounted....they are parking/marker lights as well.....

IMAG0181.jpg

also mounted my fire extinguisher and first aid kit......

IMAG0182.jpgIMAG0183.jpg

Measured the depth of my storage box so I can go back to Lowe's to get 1X4s and drawer sliders so I can make the drawers for the storage area......

Instead of working on my pathfinder like I had planned to do I let my wife drag me shopping and bought this! She didn't have much trouble dragging me though.

91b46ebd.jpg

16898756.jpg

The titan will have it's ass full now! It weights 8K I will need air bags for sure! So now instead of working on the pathfinder I will be under the titan.

James

Finished up the drawers in the storage compartment.....

Got the area prepped to take the drawers.....

IMAG0184.jpg

Building drawer number one...

IMAG0185.jpg

Front of drawer with pilot holes drilled...

IMAG0187.jpg

Countersunk so as to not split the 1X4s...

IMAG0188.jpg

Bottom drawer in!!!

IMAG0189.jpg

I had to do some adjusting on the sliders to get the drawer as square as I could!!!

Both drawers installed....I still have some cosmetic work to do and painting to do.....completion pics to follow!!!!

IMAG0192.jpg

I think I am just gonna drill some holes and knot some nylon rope for drawer pulls....any other ideas on the drawer pulls???

We had a few days of 60F sunny weather so I rolled the truck out in to my driveway and worked on it. Got my amp re-installed and got rid of the e-brake handle since it's been broken for almost two years...

0324121657.jpg

0324121756.jpg

WOW those are horrible pictures! :ohno01:

Looks GOOD!!!

Building drawer number one...

IMAG0185.jpg

I never build drawers like that. If you have any weight at all, one good tug on the drawer front will pull it off. Better still to run a rebate, glue it up, and pin it from the sides & bottom. That'll do ya!

I think I am just gonna drill some holes and knot some nylon rope for drawer pulls....any other ideas on the drawer pulls???

Drill a couple 1" holes and just use finger pulls?

Cut out a shape like: -\____/- that fits your hand?

Drill two 1" holes 5" apart and use a jigsaw to join them up? Kinda like this: (______) Although my 'puter only lets me make the bottom like.

finally replaced the tranny mount, it was shot as I thought it was, have a question and I think I already know the answer but going to ask anyway, the tranny cross member has a "P" on one side on the bottom, is that indicating pass side? If so my buddy (the PO) has it on backwards. I put it back on the same way until I verify this. Pics below old mount and new one:

3462m1c.jpg

5kpthg.jpg

21e9h75.jpg

ng9jci.jpg