What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

working on putting new seats in my pathy.. found some 2000 hyundai seats in the JY for $30. car had 68K on it and was wrecked so the seats were like new. they have nice daily driver type bolsters, almost match color wise just a little lighter, but they are gettin covers anyways..the backs are taller than the originals too, by like 5" so with me being 6'2 i can actually use a headrest and it doesn't hit me in the shoulders.

had to cut the mounts off as they were too wide, fabbed up some new mounts with 1" square tube and 1" flat bar for the bracket. pass side is almost done, just need to finish the front mounts. but its in the pathy and sitting right where the original was.

they'll be 500 times better than the stock worn out vinyl seats, lol.. i'll get picks tomorrow when i get them both in.

Maybe I'm just fascinated by square displacement.

How's this for for non square displacement. My suzuki boulevard 109, bore 112.0mm, stroke 90.5mm. Pushes 127 hp out of two cylinders. Haven't found another V twin that will keep up with it yet! Pretty much any harley is a joke next to this thing.

I've seen chevy 383s built two ways. One was turn down the 400 crank to fit the 350 block and build basically a long stroke 350. Or use special main bearings in the 400 block to use a 350 crank and build basically a short stroke 400. The long stroke 350 works best in a truck where it needs heavy pulling power. But in a light car, (we used a 79 corvette) The short stroke 400 was insane! This is the same reason the old 289 chevy motor was so popular, for fast revving power you can't beat a short stroke with large pistons.

James

I'm not even gonna keep going with this. I don't have to defend my ideas about my car, they're mine. Now we're way off the topic of Pathfinders, talking about sbcs in old Corvettes.

Anyway, topped off the tank before gas prices went up this morning. Screw oil speculation.

• Like 1

DSCN1006.jpg

Looks like ass, the truck I pulled it out of had a spray painted black interior. Need to find some close matching blue paint and rhino line the outer trim piece but it's there. A CB will probably go there later on.

• Like 1

Greased my driveshaft. :shrug: Is there any downside to greasing it this often? I'm trying to get rid of a tube of grease.

it might fling grease around.

Jacked up my front end to remove both wheels. Used some brake cleaner to get 17 years worth of road crap off the inside of my rim. I know nobody will see it, but whatev. Then I cleaned the outside a little bit.

Finally put my engine bay liner/guard on in my wheel well.

Saw that a previous owner broke 4 of the 6 screws that hold my front rock guard on. They're good and rusted in there. yayyy

Cleaned some of my windows with rubbing alcohol. Accidentally used the same napkin to clean my wheels, and it works a lot better than brake cleaner. It doesn't evaporate as fast.

Also, put $30 in it this morning. Took me from the 1/8 mark waaaaaaayyyy up to the 1/2 mark :thumbsdown:

Started replacing the ball joints, I'll finish them later...

That sounds like most ball joint jobs......

I replaced a bunch of vacuum hose, and did the shifter fill method to put some more Redline MT90 in. That was about twice as hard as I thought it would be to do.

Edited by Trogdor636

finished installing my sexy new seats.. my pathy now has more legroom too. with the seats all the way back i cannot touch the front of the floor or the pedals.. but they scoot far enough forward i can jam my knees into the dash.. i'm 6'2.. guess the rails have more travel in them than stock seats.. and the headreasts are useable now. i finally found a use for a hyundai. :rofl:

the stain in the drivers seat came out, and last pic it was just wet.. all bolted in and solid. they got waterproof camo covers on them too.. might as well protect them..

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

Edited by kodi3482

finished installing my sexy new seats.. my pathy now has more legroom too. with the seats all the way back i cannot touch the front of the floor or the pedals.. but they scoot far enough forward i can jam my knees into the dash.. i'm 6'2.. guess the rails have more travel in them than stock seats.. and the headreasts are useable now. i finally found a use for a hyundai. :rofl:

the stain in the drivers seat came out, and last pic it was just wet.. all bolted in and solid. they got waterproof camo covers on them too.. might as well protect them..

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

looks good :)

the other thing i did this afternoon, was cut my catback off.. well it rotted off and was resting on the rear diff.. so it got taken off. then i found the cat to be half broken internally and rattling.. so i gutted it and put on a thrush super turbo muffler..

while its not really loud, i still rather have it really quiet (since is a 4cyl and annoying loud) so its gonna get a complete new exhaust in the next couple weeks.

looked around for a hardbody manual steering box and no luck! so i started reinforcing the stock idler arm. cut a piece im welding along the arm to truss it and then welding up a idler arm brace. ill get some pics tomorrow when i finish :) should be beefy enough to hold up to my 33x12.5 no problem :)

Drove it... realized that it seems to go a lil bit better and get way better MPG with the tire carrier gone (tire laying in the hatch) O.o thats ok with me! i may leave it off for a while! (i need to paint it and other things as well.) plus it needs straightened

Drove it 340 miles roundtrip to the piney woods of east Texas and got some nice red mud on it. performed flawlessly. felt good after last weekend's wrench turning to get it past emissions. odo now reads 323,333

That sounds like most ball joint jobs......

No kidding. Replacing all 4 front ball joints took me most of last summer! Granted I did quite a bit more than just ball joints when I had the front end all torn apart.

I installed my AC (Rancho) Steering Stabilizer on Saturday.

40735032435832928311364.jpg

I'm goin' to my friend, Scott's, place. We were gonna go to Fry's and look at some graphics cards for the machine my cousin gave me. I'm into his neighborhood, and I see this 300ZX down the street before his, so I go and look at it for a second, then I turn around to go back to his street, but I turned one street too early, so I'm shooting back around, and this guy in a Blazer is backing out of his driveway as I'm going around. I couldn't have been going more than 35- any more and I would have rolled the truck on that bend. Besides, immediately after the bend is Scott's street so I was slowed up to turn onto it. Anyway, I park across the street from Scott, get out, walk to his door, and am crossing the street again, Scott behind me, and the douche from the Blazer starts cussing me out about my driving. And this dude's a drunk Mexican, beer-stained shirt and all, cussing me out. So I fskcing snap, tell Scott to get in the truck, and I peel out in reverse. Ain't no one behind me, so I figure it's not gonna matter. In any case, this asshole's parked in the middle of the street to cuss me out. Well, in my fit of rage and, frankly, feeling threatened, I didn't realize the wheel was crooked slightly right. So I get to about 15mph before hitting the front end of this guy's F150. Nothing too bad for him. A bent bumper, smashed grille, bit of a bend in the hood. Nothing insurance won't cover. Well, fskchead starts cussing me out again and calls the &^%*ing cops.

So instead of handling it civilly, between me and the Ford owner, it comes to 3 cops showing up in Chargers, the douchehead still cussing me out from across the street, and so I get a ticket from the asshole Sergeant in the '11 Charger (They give the new models to the cops with the most traffic citations under their belt) for "Failure to maintain proper control of a vehicle" on top of my premium bound to increase, and the damage to the back of my truck. The hatch is smashed, the tire carrier's smashed, neither will open, the bumper's screwed, the body work under the hatch is screwed, the spare wheel and tire got ruined, and the rear wiper's stuck in the middle of the rear window. And Progressive refused to cover my truck against collision when we got the policy, so I only have Liability.

The repairs I already needed to the front end, added to the stuff for the rear end, comes up to about $1200, including the body work to fix the radiator support and the back, which is more than getting a newer Pathfinder. Or, for that matter, an older Z or a 240 or something. Hell, maybe an automatic Saturn or something. I just fskcin' got this truck, man... And I'm unemployed so what the hell am I gonna do to pay for any of this @!*%?