What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

cut and shaped the oil diptick mount bracket so my driver side OBX header would fit. installed header.

bent my old vg30e power steering line to fit back to the other side of the engine since the pump is on the other side now. relocated power steering reservoir to the driver side so my whole power steering setup is in one small area now. went through all the lines i had kicking to adapt r50 power steering pump to wd21 steering box. steering is done now!

^ is that magic? I noticed just a slight bit of surface rust showing underneath the paint on my frame in the front, little spots here and there... I was gunna blast it all off but wanted recommendations for rust prohibitive...

Don't paint the bling! if I find a chrome 87-89 grille and actually 'buy' painted 90-95 (I know theres plenty of those out there) I will have a full house of wd21 grills, the d21 grill selection needs a few too. Nothin like having options :lol:

I wouldn't paint the chrome, the gray grill I got in the pick a part needs a paint job. I got pissed yesterday while looking on rock auto, they have the gray 95 grill new for $17 I paid $15 for one that needs a paint job! :headwall: I got a side clearance light for $5 too which was good, they cost $29 at rock auto.

James

^ is that magic? I noticed just a slight bit of surface rust showing underneath the paint on my frame in the front, little spots here and there... I was gunna blast it all off but wanted recommendations for rust prohibitive...

Well, I'm not entirely sure what to recommend. Probably the BEST thing to do is, at some point, to remove all the old paint and rust and then repaint or recoat. But to really get all the rust off I think you're going to need to sandblast. Probably just using a wire wheel will be "good enough." But all this is actually fairly hard to do under the truck, especially with no body lift.

For me, I realized I wasn't going to be able to properly paint it right now, and that painting wasn't going to work as well in the cold anyway, so I figured I would apply something this winter as a preventative measure. The nearest "Krown" place is kinda far, so I just bought a can of the above stuff. It seems ok. Doesn't drip too much when applying, and basically if it doesn't come off right away, it doesn't drip off later. It essentially congeales on. Not sure how long it will last while driving around on wet roads. Unfortunately the can was $12 and didn't really last very long. I will probably try to buy another couple to coat most of the frame. Probably going to a shop where they have a lift and proper spray gun will actually be cheaper than buying a whole ton of cans.

This weekend worked on my Terrano . . .

•  
  • Removed old Japanese GPS system and a mile of associated cable and under-driver's-seat control unit
  • Re-installed factory dash-mount clinometer unit that had been rem,oved by previous owner for sketchy-mount GPS
  • Removed broken plastic window deflectors and spent ages trying to get rid of the dried nasty 3M tape
  • Swapped RHD headlights to LHD units
  • Added Pathfinder-spec headlight plugs (the Terrano uses HB-style plugs for Pathfinder-shaped headlights)
  • POR-15 behind headlights where rad overflow had eaten the paint
  • Extended rad overflow pipe
  • Spliced in Day Running Light module
  • Swapped corner/park lights for ones with amber reflectors
  • Installed new upper and lower ball joints, left and right
  • Installed new outer tie-rod ends
  • Installed Warn manual locking hubs
  • Installed new brake pads front and back
  • Installed Autometer voltage gauge
  • Collapsed into bed on Sunday evening absolutely knackered.

Edited by Dieselboy

I put the stock undercover up after like 8 months of being off. I even used all of the bolts; some were missing before.

I cleaned my steering wheel with Woolite and hot water, but a bunch of stuff flaked off around the top of the wheel. Some of it was already flaking off so I guess it was just a matter of time.

IMG_20111205_171336.jpg

Is getting the steering wheel re-wrapped a good option?

Replaced the starter on the 94 yesterday.

Did the semi monthly pickapart run today picked up 3 lego wheels for the 94, rear carpet for the 88, and found a moon roof envelope in burgundy will go in the 88 I hadn't seen one of those in years, found a cherry front bumper for the 88 all it needed was paint. Carpet and bumper now on the 88.

To do list is getting smaller 5 speed for the 88,a hood, 94/95 front door panels and possibly a 94/95 dash in the 88, 94 is pretty much finished, maybe a winch and a bumper for it

Replaced the starter on the 94 yesterday.

Did the semi monthly pickapart run today picked up 3 lego wheels for the 94, rear carpet for the 88, and found a moon roof envelope in burgundy will go in the 88 I hadn't seen one of those in years, found a cherry front bumper for the 88 all it needed was paint. Carpet and bumper now on the 88.

To do list is getting smaller 5 speed for the 88,a hood, 94/95 front door panels and possibly a 94/95 dash in the 88, 94 is pretty much finished, maybe a winch and a bumper for it

got any pics of said envelope? never seen one. was wonder what they look like?? :D

tomorrow im going to put my 32x11.5x15 BFG AT KO's on. HOPEFULLY. will update with pics if we have time.

Sprayed another $30 of rust proofing spooge onto and into the frame. Greased the front driveshaft and spare tire carrier. Discovered that my rear driveshaft u-joints have zerk fittings, but that my grease gun nozzle doesn't fit between the yokes (?) to get to them! :thumbsdown:

Sprayed another $30 of rust proofing spooge onto and into the frame. Greased the front driveshaft and spare tire carrier. Discovered that my rear driveshaft u-joints have zerk fittings, but that my grease gun nozzle doesn't fit between the yokes (?) to get to them! :thumbsdown:

use a needle fitting, or possibly grind down the fitting on the grease gun

got any pics of said envelope? never seen one. was wonder what they look like?? :D

tomorrow im going to put my 32x11.5x15 BFG AT KO's on. HOPEFULLY. will update with pics if we have time.

I'll post a pic tomorrow

not that good of a pic

23fde7b4-6c91-4c8c-9045-d71d9f5b9c52.jpg?rnd=0.1383631

here's one of the caution label

a86bec38-4d80-4f74-afb2-b913d0782304.jpg?rnd=0.8048488

And here is what we did to the 94 today, yeah I know some are going to say they like the chrome rims better, but they were starting to peel. Caution don't let the wife parallel park with rims like these

393fbb8a-a403-48c6-8468-f22952819025.jpg?rnd=0.6217618

db95fd78-613f-4a73-bef5-7256df5ec8a8.jpg?rnd=0.0519293

Edited by vagabond

And here is what we did to the 94 today, yeah I know some are going to say they like the chrome rims better, but they were starting to peel. Caution don't let the wife parallel park with rims like these

393fbb8a-a403-48c6-8468-f22952819025.jpg?rnd=0.6217618

db95fd78-613f-4a73-bef5-7256df5ec8a8.jpg?rnd=0.0519293

Another Caution; don't let the wife find out you post comments about her on a world wide forum! You'll be in the dog house for weeks!

James

I got my ac 3" lift finally installed and pan hard drop bar. I also bought some aftermarket torsion bars since mine are shot.

torsion bars can go bad...?

So today (yesterday actually) I reassembled my entire interior and got my broken exhaust manifold studs out. There were 4 total that I couldnt get out. 2 were broken in the head, and 2 were unbroken. I got one of the unbroken ones out by using two nuts and a wrench, but the other one didn't work that way. I even had three nuts on there and it would just spin them off. I drilled all the way to the head and then broke it off with a hammer. Then I drilled into the head about halfway and used a reverse thread bit (an easy out, but another brand). Man, those reverse thread bits worked like a dream. OMG. It took me about 45 minutes to get all three of them out. Too bad it took me 3 hours with visegrips on the two unbroken ones to think about using a drill. To think about using a drill and overcoming my fear of accidentally ruining my engine while doing it.

I'm not sure why people are scared of it not being centered. I'm 17 years old, and I've never drilled anything in my life before. I got the drill centered on the studs on my first try. Just put it in the middle and pull the trigger guys, no big deal. LOL

Completed 2nd coat of paint on the outside of the frame, painted the inside of the rails with Eastwood Internal frame coating, and ordered a complete set of brake and fuel hard lines as mine are about rusted through.